Status: activity based on feedback.

One Pack of Smokes from Broke.

Five.

It was the Friday of the 2nd week of school. Garrett, Pat, and a group of their friends sat at a lunch table.

Garrett's eyes drifted to where Charlie and Eric sat at an empty table together, a few tables away from his own.

Garrett'd let his boredness be an excuse for staring at her all of English class, but during lunch? Around his friends? He really couldn't be bored here. He simply had no excuse. But no matter how hard he tried, he just couldn't keep his eyes off her. He knew what he was doing was beyond creepy, and that only made him want to stop more. Still, Garrett's eyes traced over Charlie again for the thousandth time this period.

Charlie and Eric sat alone at a table by the window. Eric had schoolwork on the table in front of him, and he looked at it thoroughly confused and frustrated. Charlie was picking at some type of salad, but wasn't really eating it. She looked at it with distaste. She also had a book open in front of her, reading. Garrett couldn't see the title of it, but she'd been looking at it with great interest, and for the first time ever, Garrett found himself wanting to read a book. Just to read what she'd read.

Somehow Charlie miraculously talked to Eric while she read. Well, it looked more like she was teaching him whatever he was working on. She told him whatever she was telling him like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

Suddenly, Pat stood up beside him. "I have a plan." he announced, looking directly at Charlie.

They'd been talking about Charlie oftenly, Pat always saying how "hot" she was and how he could definitely "woo" her or something. Garrett'd insult him and try his best not to get too defensive over Charlie, when in reality, he wanted to rip Pat's head off for talking about her to vulgarly.

Garrett rolled his eyes at Pat, thinking he'd chicken out.

"I'm gonna go talk to her." Pat stated simply. "Wanna come? I need a wingman,"

Somehow, Garrett soon found himself nervously walking with Pat over to where Charlie and Eric sat. During the far too short walk, Garrett realized he'd never even talked to Charlie, which only made him feel creepier for staring at her so much.

Neither of them looked up until Pat spoke.

"Hi," he smiled. Garrett envied his confidence, and he knew that he would end up being the one stuttering.

Charlie looked up from her book at Pat, then to Garrett (he could've sworn she looked at him longer!) and he felt his cheeks heat up, but held her stare for dear life.

"Hi!" Eric beamed at both of them. Garrett already knew he'd get along with Pat.

Garrett felt rude for not greeting Eric back when Pat did, but he couldn't stop looking at Charlie. His heart slammed against his rib cage as he looked into her big brown eyes. She was so unbelievably beautiful up close. He tried to take note of every little detail on her face while he had the chance.

Her dark brown hair was pulled into a messy bun, but she let her bangs loose and caress her round face. Her brown eyes had these little flecks of gold in them. She had a small trail of freckles over her nose and cheeks, something Garrett just simply really liked. Her small pink lips were parted slightly as she gazed up at him.

"I'm Pat, and this is Garrett." Pat introduced him.

"I'm Charlie, and this here faggot is the lovely Eric." she said, breaking Garrett's gaze and looking at Pat.

Eric rolled his eyes and asked them to sit with them.

Garrett grabbed the seat directly in front of Charlie, making Pat kick him under the table. Garrett tried to take a seat as smoothly as he could, not wanting to embarrass himself.

"So, you're friends with our buddy, John, right?" Pat asked Charlie, who had started picking at her food again.

"I swear to God, this place can't even make a fuckin' salad that's edible." she scoffed, Pat's question going unheard. Pat shifted nervously in his seat, his confidence wavering.

"You'll have to excuse her, she's trained herself to not give a fuck." Eric said to Pat. "But to answer your question, yes. They're like, attached at the fucking hip."

"Hmmm?" Charlie hummed, acquiring a puzzled expression that Garrett couldn't help but find adorable.

"I, uh, asked if you knew our friend, John." Pat tried again.

A smile spread on her face, even lighting her eyes. "Oh. Yeah, I do."

"Well, he wanted us to ask if you'd, um, want to come to our friend's party tonight." Pat replied. Garrett figured he'd gotten nervous, too, when he saw how breathtaking Charlie was up close. But, it seemed as if he'd really put some thought into his little plan.

"Oh, right. He'd talked about that. I guess I'll go." she shrugged.

"Great, see you tonight then." Pat beamed at her, obviously pleased with himself that his plan didn't crash and burn.

She smiled back and nodded at him before helping Eric with another problem he didn't understand. Math, Garret guessed.

Pat stood and Garrett did, too. As they walked to their table, Garrett realized that he still had not said one word to Charlie.

He spent the rest of the day replaying their somewhat of a staring contest in his head and becoming determined to talk to her tonight.

Garrett smiled. He'd talk to Charlie tonight.
♠ ♠ ♠
SO, this was the longest chapter i've written for this story! c:

ghhgjkdfhj, i just love Charlie's character, she's got mad spunk :D

and Garrett, ugh, he has such a crush on Charlie. buuut, did any of you take not that he has a girlfriend? i'll get into more on that next chapter, which should be up whenever i get the time. im like, halfway done writing it and its long, maybe longer than this one. whenever i write chapters from 3rd person Garrett, they're longer. i dunno why c:
don't be a silent reader!

thanks to:
la dispute.
Kinkeh Dinosaurs
<3