Gunslinger

Art of Subconscious Illusion

Dana was standing just outside the doorway when a limping Lieutenant Somerville was helped toward the door of the medical tenant by Lieutenant McKenzie. It was now 7am and the town of Carentan had been captured. Doc Brouchard poked around Somerville’s leg with some tweezers and pulled out a bullet that had apparently ricocheted off a wall.
“You can’t even got shot properly”, McKenzie joked with a smirk. He glanced up at Dana who was standing in the doorway and winked at her. She sniggered, then walked away to join up with the rest of the company.

“The Germans are gonna counter-attack”, Pagliaro advised the group. “They’re gonna come from the south-west, down the road we followed into town.” He pointed to the map that he had spread on the ground in front of the non-commissioned officers, Dana being one. The terrain dictated the direction they would come from, being that the south-west was a peninsula of high ground. The north was flooded ground, as was the south of the road. “General Kirkham wants us to push out several kilometres to the west and set up a defensive position on the high ground.”

When Somerville received his orders, he advised the company that they would be on the far right, alongside the railroad track. Ammunition was brought to the barn that was acting as the aid station by a “liberated” farm cart.

Shortly thereafter, the company moved 3 kilometres south-west without meeting significant resistance. Somerville set up a defensive position behind a hedgerow. The Germans were directly in front, behind the next hedgerow and they were laying down harassing fire. Anyone who moved became a sitting duck, so the company as a whole laid low waiting for night to fall. Somerville received orders that the battalion would jump off on an attack at 5.30am, being first light.
“Crap, there goes my beauty sleep”, O’Shea smirked.
“All the sleep in the world ain’t gonna help your ugly mug”, Pagliaro retorted.

Sergeant Butler was up and down the line all night, shifting the men and Dana back and forth so that they could catch a few minutes sleep. When Dana’s watch finished, she lay back against the hedgerow to catch some much needed sleep, and she drifted off within moments.

She was standing in what appeared to be a room filled with supplies of ammunition, armor and weapons, with a clipboard in her hands. She heard the door click open behind her, but was busy marking items onto her manifest. She jumped when lips gently touched the back of her neck, and muscled arms snaked around her waist from behind.
“What are you doing?”, she murmured.
“What does it look like I’m doing?”, his hypnotic voice answered her. She was gently turned around, and then those same lips that made her skin tingle were gently placed over hers. He deepened the kiss as his arms tightened around her. Her own arms rose to embrace him as the kiss became heated. He licked her bottom lip gently, and she willingly parted her lips. His tongue gently entangled with hers, and she felt herself giving herself over to the feelings of lust overwhelming her. He pulled back from her slightly. “I love you”, he murmured, before claiming her lips once again. She sighed into the kiss, feeling the muscles of his shoulders flex underneath her hands. She opened her eyes, and gazed into his warm chocolate brown eyes...


Dana came awake with a start, her heart hammering in her breastbone. She ran a shaky hand over her face. Holy crap, where had that dream come from, and why did she feel like a horny teenager?

******************************

Thank you much to nyelabee1 and nolifelowlife for the comments. I'm so happy that you guys like the story.

I survived ice-skating and didn't land on my butt. Yay! It is a little disconceting through when you're flailing around like you'e at a rave for balance and a 6 year goes past you doing an double axel lol