Sweet Blasphemy

Starting to fall

**Lexis’s PoV**
I sat staring resentfully at the bathroom door that blocked my view of my sister. She’d shown up at the airport ten minutes late, sauntering in looking smug and pulling a case behind her. I was still seething from an Andy incident of my own without having to deal with my pain in the ass sister. Then she complained and whinged until she got a seat on her own. She’d been nothing but a demanding little diva for the whole flight and now, well as I glared at the door, she was changing her outfit, the first being deemed to inappropriate for the event by everyone else in the band. “Is it just me or is Jen being a Diva?” Cameron asked me in a hushed voice. “You should know by now that Princess Jen wants everything her way” Sniped Jayden we all fell silent as the bathroom door opened and Jen stepped out, in an outfit worse than the one she’d been in before. This one was a leather dress that had lacings up the front and left very little to the imagination.” And the only thing I’m changing into is the outfit I was in. they asked us to play knowing exactly how I dress and behave. If it was inappropriate they wouldn’t have asked us to play” Jenna told us in a superior voice. “Then go and change” Alex snapped, I could hear the hostility in his voice and it shocked me, out of all of us, he had the most patience with Jen. “How about this one Jen?” I asked fishing a clubbing dress out of her bag, fighting to keep my patience. The dress I held out to her had a couple of cut out sections in the front and was missing a massive portion of the back. Jen snatched out of my hands after staring at me for a long moment, then stomped back into the bathroom and slammed the door. When I looked at the guys, they were sitting there with stunned expressions.

**Jenna’s PoV**
I couldn’t believe that Lexis had handed me the dress that I had bought at the sex shop. If only she knew she would be appalled at the inappropriateness of it, so I guess that’s why I was putting it on now with my over the knee boots. Just the thought of what me and Ashley had gotten up to made me smile, though I still felt uncomfortable. It just felt wrong, I didn’t belong here. I looked up at the mirror in the small bathroom, I was pale and shaking, my eyes looked haunted and I hated what I saw reflected back at me. “Who are you?” I whispered at my reflection. I jumped as Cameron banged on the door “Hurry the fuck up Jenna, we’re on” he yelled at me through the door at me. I shook my head and adjusted my dress before pushing past him and heading for the door to follow the others as we headed to the stage to play our set. I slowed my walking as we got closer to the stage, a group of women were standing in the hall, talking softly, and as I walked past them, I overheard one whisper to the others “That girl is one of the few girls who deserve it” my jaw dropped in surprise. I was about to stop when Jasper grabbed my arm and kept me moving. “Ignore them” he whispered to me, pushing me towards the stage. I sighed and nodded, taking the microphone that was being offered to me. I watched silently as the rest of my band mates accepted the instruments and drumsticks being handed to them.

**Lexis’s PoV**
I watched as Jenna watched Cam adjust his guitar strap, she had the weirdest look on her face, like she didn’t know what to do with herself. Call it gut feeling but I knew there was something wrong, Jenna never looked lost. With one last look at Jenna, I turned and walked out onto the stage, feeling a little out of sorts and it took only one glance at the others told me they felt it too. It made me think maybe this was a bad idea. As I settled behind the drum kit, the opening scream of Resurrection echoing out into the theatre, almost drowned out by the applause and cheers of the crowd as Jenna sauntered out onto the stage and I started to play. But where the vocals were supposed to jump in, Jenna was dead silent, and I faltered, as did the guys who were turning to stare at Jenna. She turned to look at me, eyes filling with tears before she dropped the microphone and ran from the stage, almost as if she were being chased. I watched as she shoved Jasper out of the way and disappeared through the door we had not long come through. The guys were staring at me in shock, with a sigh, I climbed to my feet, hating Jenna for what she had just done. As I picked up Jenna’s mic off the stage, the crowd fell silent. “I’m sorry guy’s, we appear to be having issues with our singer. As you leave, there will be vouchers to our apology show. We’re so sorry” I told the crowd, feeling my stomach drop at the sound of angry mutters and boo’s.

“What the fuck was she thinking?” Alex demanded furiously as we walked into the dressing room, my eyes instantly falling on the empty spot where Jenna’s handbag had been. “Something’s wrong” Jayden said. “It’s just Princess Jen being a diva yet again” Alex shot back, but Jay shook his head. “No. Jenna’s an attention whore. She would never do that normally” Jay replied, shaking his head as I stuck my head into the little bathroom, finding Jen’s make-up gone, but the floor still had the rejected leather dress. Picking it up, I held it out for the boys to see “She wouldn’t have left this behind” I told them softly. “No Lexi, don’t make excuses for her.” Cameron told me, he was shaking with anger and red in the face. “We always make excuses for her” Alex added. I nodded as I looked away, just as our manager and Jasper came bursting into our dressing room

I stood staring down at my suitcase, for the first time in a long time, I wanted to fit in, not stand out. In my heart I was sick of standing out. With a sigh, I crouched down and started rummaging through my case, trying to find something less conspicuous, and right at the bottom, I found a dress that Sammi had given to me, claiming it was too short. I couldn’t remember putting it in there but then again, I was probably Ash who had hidden it away at the very bottom of my case. “Thanks Ash” I whispered as I pulled it out and threw it onto the hotel bed. Soon after it was followed by a belt and the least flashy pair of underwear in my case. I glanced up as my phone rang once more, and with a groan, I climbed to my feet and picked it up. Alex was trying to call me. I don’t know what made me do it but I answered the phone. “Oh my god Jen. Where the fuck are you?” He all but yelled down the phone at me. I sighed and put the phone on loudspeaker before placing it on the bed. “What the fuck were you thinking? You made us look like fools. Where are you?” I pulled my dress over my head and dropped it onto the ground before kicking it to the other side of the room. “I’m in a hotel room. I need some time alone.” I told him. Alex laughed bitterly. “Oh, and like always, we have to bow to princess Jenna’s wishes. This is starting to get Fucking ridiculous. You are the most selfish self….” Alex started to rave but I cut him off. “I know, and that is why I need some time alone. I need to do some soul searching. I don’t wanna be this girl anymore. I don’t want to be princess Jen” I told him softly, stopping him dead in his tracks. “Just go back to L.A. we’ll get together when I come home and you can all yell at me then. Love you guys. Bye” I hung up as silent tears began to fall. Hearing my best friend call me princess Jen had just hit home how much I’d changed. With a sniff, I brushed away my tears and started putting on the outfit that I’d chosen.