You Had Me At Hello

You Had Me At Hello

„The next round goes on my brother,“ Jason said when he let the tablet with the drinks down, before he sat down himself.
„I don't think so,“ his brother Matt said and took a beer from the table. The others who were with them took a drink themselves.
„So, why have you been late today, JB? Has a pretty lady kept you away from me?“ Jimmy asked his technician. Jason Berry was called JB for short and his twin brother Matt was just MB for them. They sat at a table with their best friends and just wanted to relax that evening. Some drinks later the guys were totally drunk and couldn't walk a straight line.

“Guys, this is your last round. You have someone who'll bring you home or should I call you a cab?” Johnny, the owner of the bar they were at, asked.
“I can drive myself perfectly,” Zacky slurred and waved with his keys. Johnny took them before he could do anything against it.
“We'll call our sister,” MB said and earned a confused glance from his brother. “What?” he asked after he noticed the look his brother gave him.

“You'll call your sister? We've never seen her before,” Brian asked confused.
“We had a good reason! You're lady killers and no one will play with our sister,” JB said protectively.
“That's why we never saw your sister? I mean we're friends for so many years and never once saw her 'cause you were afraid we would play with her? I mean you could have said that she's out of reach and that had been it,” Matt said a little bit pissed, that they didn't trust them.

“But I know you better than yourself,” JB mumbled, but no one could understand him. “The other reason you haven't seen her yet is that she lived in New York for some years and just came back,” he said louder.
“How does she looks like?” Brian asked interested.
“See, that's all you can think of,” JB crossed his arms. He lifted his jacket and showed them his tattoo of his sister. He has all the people he loves on his body and just got that tattoo a few weeks ago. He would have tattooed her face earlier but he didn't want a child on his arms so now as she was a grown out woman she came on his arm.

“Hot,” was Brian's reaction and this time MB glared at him while he pressed his phone at his ear.
“Cady, you... yeah... kind of... You can't let us stay here on our own... yeah.. you're right, but.. You're the best,” the others heard his mumbled responses and raised an eyebrow.
“Your ass will be kicked, you know that,” JB said with a huge grin on his face.
“Yours too, you know. She's a bit pissed I think, so there's no sense in holding back another drink,” he said and grabbed his last beer for the night.

“And here comes the devil,” MB said to his friends. “Thanks for...,” he said at his sister who just had arrived.
“Oh shut up and get your drunken asses in the car,” Cady said angrily. She had already been sleeping, when her brother had called her. Her dark hair was in a lose bun and her brown eyes were framed by glasses, which she needed for driving. She just had put on her clothes she's wearing at home and got in her car.

“Yeah, uh, guys that's our sister Cady and that are the guys,” JB had stood up to wrap his arm protectively around his sisters waist, but he underestimated the effect of the alcohol and grabbed her hip more forcefully so he wouldn't stumble.
“Wait, I should drive all of you?” Cady asked disbelievingly and stared at the guys in front of her. Under other circumstances she would have said they were really attractive, but now she was just pissed because she needed her sleep and was instead at a bar to pick up her drunken brothers and their friends.

“Alright, I only have four more seats, so if you manage to scoot together and will pay if the police will stop us than this will work for me.”
“Alright, ma'am,” Brian said and saluted.
“Do you have a trunk?” Jimmy asked. Cady wrinkled her eyebrows and nodded slowly. “I call dibs on the trunk,” he yelled and run through the bar.
“He knows he's the tallest, right?” Cady asked confused.
“That's Jimmy,” the others said in unison and laughed.

“Where should I drive first?” she asked.
“Uhm, they're staying at our place,” JB murmured.
“Oh, whatever, I just want my bed again,” she said and shrugged. As soon as she had opened the the doors Jimmy jumped into the trunk. Luckily for him it was connected with the other seats, so he could sit in it and talk to the others while the drive. Johnny was the smallest of the group so he had to share with him.

Brian, Matt, JB and Zacky were on the backseat and MB had called shoot gun.
“So where are they all going to sleep?” she finally asked when they were on the road and she stopped at a red traffic light.
“Well, you love to share your bed with your brothers, right?”
“To be honest... NO!” How old was she? 7?
“If not I can share,” Brian winked at her through the back view mirror.
“Gates,” the twins growled at the same time.
“Oh yeah, I forgot the whole band thing...”

“She's not into music,” MB explained like it was a disease and all of their jaws dropped.
“So, what do you guys do when you're not on tour except from drinking?” she asked interested.
“We're writing on new stuff, I could show you,” Brian tried again and JB tried to hit his arm but failed and hit Zacky. “Ouch, dude, that was my arm,” Zacky complained and would have rubbed the hurting spot, but he couldn't move his arm as it was pretty tight in the back.
“Keep it to yourself, Gates, wasn't it?”
“You can call me Brian, babe.” This time JB hit the right guy.

“Whatever, Gates, I'm not jumping into bed with you. I'm not really into cocky guys who think they can have every girl they want 'cause they're in a band, so keep it in your pants,” she said without looking from the street in front of him. The whole car erupted into laughter while Brian didn't knew what to say. The rest of the drive she didn't talk with them and was concentrated to bring them to their house without damage as the guys in the back got into a huge fight and tackled themselves.

“Would you please stop that?” she shouted and they stopped at their movement. “Just some more minutes then you can do whatever you want.” She noticed Brian's glace and quickly added a “outside of my bedroom.”
They behaved until she parked the car. She got out and went to their apartment, opened the door and got into her room. She got out of her clothes – she had been too lazy to get rid of her sleeping clothes when she had left – and laid down in bed. She tried to ignore the loud voices and went to dreamland, and she tried to manage it somehow.
That was it until she heard a loud bang and opened her eyes to see someone standing in her door.
“Matt, what you're doing here?” she asked her brother.

“I'll sleep also, scoot over,” he said and climbed into bed with her.
“I thought you were kidding. Could you please close the door?” she asked groggily. At this moment her other brother stepped into her room and closed the door. “Great, just great,” she murmured and made some space for her other brother before he could say anything. One of her brothers slung an arm around her and she sighed. They have ever been so protective over her – especially since she came back to California. With these thoughts she fell into sleep again.

She woke up 'cause of some pain in her stomach. She carefully got out of her brothers arm without waking them. That wasn't as complicated as it sounded – when they sleep, they sleep. She looked at the tattoo of herself on her brothers arm and tears welled up her eyes. She quickly walked away before she started to cry. She closed the door and saw some people in the living room. She walked over someones legs and got into the kitchen. While she made some coffee she took her time to smoke a cigarette. She knew she shouldn't do stuff like that, but she didn't give a shit now.

After her first coffee she decided to take a shower as everyone was still sleeping. She went back to her room and grabbed her belongings before she got into the bathroom. She couldn't lock it as her brothers had broken off the key. She got undressed and walked under the shower. She got rid of the bandages and put them away before she turned on the water.
While the water trailed down her body she heard the door open and her heart stopped for a second. “Don't worry, sis, it's just me,” she heard the well known voice of her brother. Her heart began working again and this time twice as fast. She hoped her brother wouldn't see the white stripes which were laying on the floor next to her clothes.

“I would hurry, the guys are awake now,” he said and she could hear the toilet flush and a moment later she stood under the cold water.
This was her chance! “Run... fast,” she growled and when she heard the door again, she sighed. She finished showering fast and put on her bandages again, after she had creamed the right places and took on some short shorts and a lose shirt. She brushed her wet hair and put on some casual make up to hid the dark shades under her eyes. When she took a look in the mirror she realized she had lost weight.

She took her old clothes and walked out of the room to be greeted by some painful faces. “Finally,” the shortest of them said and run past her into the room without closing the door. She made a disgusted noise before she walked into her room where her brother still laid in bed.
“Matt,” she screamed to stop him from drooling all over her pillow. He just stirred and went back snoring.
“Yeah?” she heard someone say and turned around.
“Uh?” she mad a asking sound.
“You called for me,” he explained the awkward situation.

“No, I called my brother,” she explained herself and now it was at him to look confused. “Oh, you call him Matt? I'm not used him to be called like that,” the man in the door frame said. He was well built in her opinion and his muscular arms were full of tattoo's.
“What else should I call him? It's his name,” she didn't get where he came from.

“It's also my name so we came up with calling him MB,” Matt said and smiled lightly at her.
“Oh, alright.” She looked back at her brother and realized she wouldn't get him awake soon so she decided she would take another coffee. “You want some coffee?” she asked Matt and he nodded. She led him to the kitchen and filled both of their cups. They were soon joined by others of the group and this time Cady got a full introduction. She knew Matt's name by now. She remembered that the tallest one of them with the hand cuff tattoo on his neck was called Jimmy and the cocky guy was Brian, who excused his behavior from last night with some hits from her brother in his ribcage. The shortest of them with the cute smile was Johnny and the one with the piercing green eyes, who hadn't talked to her at all was Zacky.

“Where's the fuckin' coffee?”Cady asked annoyed when she got through the whole cupboards while she searched for a new packet. “On the upper one.” Jason laughed about her attitude – until she got on her tiptoes and her T-shirt went further.
He only needed two steps to reach her and turned her around. “What you're doing?” she asked until she realized that he lifted up her Shirt and stared at the white bandages.

“You like to explain?” he asked – she could tell without hearing his voice that he was furious. She couldn't say a word, her throat was dry and she didn't even know what to tell her brother. She couldn't lie at them – at least not in person. “EXPLAIN,” he yelled and she twitched. But she already stood on the counter and her brothers arms framed her, so she had no escape. “You told me the results were negative, you lied right?” he asked more calmer now. His eyes never left hers and before she realized it she nodded. Jason sighed deeply and a hand run through his hair. The others in the room listened carefully, but knew better than to say anything now.

“When is the operation?” Jason asked and the others heads got up at that word. When she didn't answered he got impatient. “I asked you when,” he yelled.
“Calm down, man, it won't get better if you yell at her,” Zacky said carefully.
“Shut up,” the other man said without taking his eyes from his sister.
“There's no one,” she whispered. She was afraid what her brothers would say.
“Speak louder,” he growled. He loved his sister – he would do anything for her! But right now he was afraid. And he was angry that she had lied to him.

“There will be no operation. No surgery, no chemotherapy, nothing, you understand?” she almost screamed at him. He was so shocked he didn't do anything against her pushing through him. He heard the front door shut and it was like he got out of his stare. He walked down the corridor and yelled for his brother to wake up. He didn't know what do do right now!

“I'm confused right now,” Jimmy said when the band was alone in the kitchen. He looked at the coffee which still laid on the counter. Matt stood up and walked towards the window. Her car was still there so if he didn't see her walking by the next minute she still has to be in the building.
“This sounded serious and I have never seen JB so in rage,” Johnny said. When Matt didn't see her walking by he grabbed his cup from the table and walked past his friends and left the apartment. He had this feeling that Cady needed someone to talk. Someone, who isn't her brother.

He walked up the stairs until he came to the door which was for the roof. He opened the door and at first he didn't see her, but when he looked more carefully he saw her sitting next to the edge. He walked towards her and for a short second he was afraid she would do something stupid, but then he realized that there were at least ten feet til the edge.
“Hey,” he said when he sat next to her and held out his cup for her.

“Hey,” she said back and tried a smile, but failed. Gratefully she took the coffee and took a long sip. Nobody said anything. Cady was still in thoughts and Matt didn't know what to say. They heard some voices from downstairs and Cady was pretty sure that it was her brothers she heard yelling. “See, that's why I didn't tell them. They just try to convince me to go through it again and they'll be worried. You know I love my brothers and I hate seeing them worried,” she admitted finally. She knew she didn't knew that guy she told that, but somehow it was good for her to finally talk about it. “You know what I have, Matt?” He shook his head. “I have cancer, the second time. You know when my brothers were away for some months? They were at my side in New York. I needed surgery and they were there for me. We thought we fought the cancer. But when I was again in hospital to get the check up, they told me the cancer came back and I need another operation and chemotherapy and maybe the cancer will be gone this time. I won't go through all of this again. It's painful and I don't see a reason for going through it again.”

The guys had always wondered where the guys had went, but they had refused to talk about it.
“I bet you heard the but-there's-so-much-to-live-for-talk too many times to hear it again, right?” he tried to lighten up the mood.
“You can bet on it,” she confirmed.
“So, you wanna tell me why you're really afraid?”

“There's so much,” she said and hugged her knees. “I'm afraid of the pain, that all this will costs. I'm afraid I won't go through it. I'm afraid if I get through it, what will happen after that. Can I look into the mirror and will I see me? I'll get thinner, paler, my hair will fall out and so on. And I think most I'm afraid that my brothers will be disappointed in me and that they'll get their hopes to high and,” she couldn't finish her sentence as she started to cry. Matt got a little closer and held her in his arms. She started to cry harder and was disappointed in herself. She should be strong, she shouldn't be crying into a man's chest she didn't even know. They sat there for a while until Matt realized that it had started to rain. “Maybe we should go down,” he said and she nodded but made no movement. Matt sighed and got up and walked a few steps with her in his arms. “What are you doing?” she asked confused. “I'm not that fragile I can still walk on my own,” she said.

“That was not my intention,” he said and sat her down. She walked into the building and at the top of the stairs she turned around. “I'm sorry, Matt,” she said and walked back into her own personal hell.

Zacky, Brian, Matt, Johnny and Jimmy had soon disappeared, so the three had time to talk about it. But they were all sure that this was now a thing between all of them. JB and MB were like brothers to them and if their sister needed help, they would be the first one who offered their help.
Matt had told them about his little talk with her and together they thought about something that would help her change her mind.

Matt and Jason Berry did the same thing. They stood in the doorway of their sisters room and watched her sleeping in the night. They felt so helpless and didn't know what to do.

Two days later the front door of the Berry's apartment flung open at the same time as the door from the bathroom was opened. “Hey guys,” Cady greeted them when she came out of the room just wearing a towel around her body. “Thought by time you may be sick of my brothers, or are you here for me?” she asked smiling.
The guys stared at her, not able to speak a word. They thought she was maybe moody, she would cry or something like that. But they wasn't expecting her to greet them smiling like that – only with a towel around her curvy body. “Maybe you can speak to me, if I'm wearing some clothes,” she chuckled and made her way towards her room. “Make yourself a home,” she yelled before she closed the door and changed.

“So, what's on your agenda?” she asked when she got out of her room and saw her sleepy brothers on their couch next to their best friends. There wasn't any room for her, so she sat down between her brothers legs on the floor.
Zacky, Brian, Jimmy and Johnny all looked at Matt, so he could explain what they were up to. “Uhm, maybe you know that your brothers are our best friends and we're like a huge family.” She nodded, not knowing what will come next. “And if you want it or not, as their family you belong to our family now,” nodding from all the guys around him “and we fight for our family.” The nodding became heavier and Cady had to chuckle. They looked too adorable. “So, we thought about the points you told me you're afraid off.” She flinched. She hated it to admit, that she was afraid. She felt vulnerable then.

“We thought about you hair problem,” Matt said. “WE HAVE WIGS,” Jimmy screamed and the guys looked at him. He just shrugged his shoulder. “Sorry, couldn't hold it any longer,” he said and grabbed behind him. “See, every girl wants to dress up and you have that chance now,” he said and when he came back into her view she started laughing. She laughed so hard she cried.
“This is...” she couldn't form a sentence since she was laughing her ass off. Jimmy wore a long blonde wig and was walking down the small room as if he was walking down a catwalk.

The guys saw her reaction and took it as a good sign. Johnny came back next with some red long hair. The guys couldn't help themselves and soon all of them had a wig on their head and Cady couldn't remember the last time she had so much fun.
“Oh yeah and I almost forgot,” Zacky said and grabbed another bag, which stood behind the couch. In it was a cream cake. “My mom bakes the best cakes ever and be sure, we'll fatten you.”

“I love her cakes,” MB said and tried to get a tip of the cream but Zacky hit his hand. “That's all for your sister,” he said and MB pouted.
“Don't worry, I'll share,” she said and stood up to get some plates and a knife. She was really touched, that the guys were so concerned about her healthy. She came back with some plates and gave Zacky the knife so he could cut the cake.
“Cady, have we coffee?”

“What do you ask me? I'm not allowed to drink any more coffee, so get yourself some,” she said and sat down on the floor again. She had had a long talk with her brothers and before she had to listen another 30 minutes of their coffee is unhealthy talk she agreed she wouldn't drink anymore of it. She doesn't even know where they came from with this stupid thoughts, but that's what they get then.
“So you guys may be interested, that I called the hospital today,” she mumbled while Zacky put a huge piece of cake on her plate.

“What?” they all asked in unison. “What did they say?” asked Jason.
“I have an appointment next Monday,” she said. She still wasn't really convinced to do all this, but when she woke up she thought she could at least hear what the doctors had to say here in California.
“You want us to come with you?” MB asked carefully. Last time she went to the appointments alone, she didn't want anybody with her.
“That would be nice,” she said.

“Sure, we'll come with you,” he bent forward and kissed her back head.
“Well I have to be at the studio that day,” JB said.
“Don't be stupid go with your sister,” Jimmy said as soon as possible.
“No, go to work. You know I don't like it when there are too many people with me, I'll be more pleased, when only one worried brother will accompany me,” she said and then moaned. “Best cake ever,” she sighed and all of the guys laughed.

“Told you so,” Zacky said. “Wait til you meet my mother, she'll force you to eat more of her stuff.”
“That it is, if Zacky leaves you something,” Matt mumbled and poked into spoken persons stomach.
“You know what? We should have a gig and should be wearing this awesome wigs,” Jimmy said out of the blue.
“You're so random,” Cady said, shaking her head.

“And that's why everybody loves me,” he said and got a few eyes roll. “See your brother thinks I'm so fuckin' cool, that he got a tattoo of me,” he exclaimed and pointed at JB's arm.
“He got all of us on it,” Johnny said.
“Except me,” MB said.
“That's 'cause nobody wants to see your face 24/7,” Cady said before she put another piece of cake in her mouth.
“You're so mean,” her brother pouted.
“Learned from the best,” she just said.

-x-

The past days Cady had gotten really close to the guys. They had seen each other pretty often and she thought about how much fun she had last night. Now she was sitting in the waiting area of the hospital and her brother Matt was sitting next to her. Her phone vibrated and when she got it out of her pocket she saw she had a message from Matt.

We're all thinking of you. Whatever they'll say remember we're here for you. See you tonight.

She smiled and her brother raised an eyebrow. “Just the guys telling me, they're here for me,” she said and he nodded.
“Why haven't I met them before? I mean I visited you some times in Huntington and you're friends for years?” she asked interested.
“It just don't happen to fit when you were here,” her brother lied. He know she would get really mad, when he would tell her they did it to protect her heart from being broken. If he was honest he had been afraid the most that she would end up in bed with Brian, but she had turned him down so much the last days, that he didn't worry anymore. He was glad that she came along with the guys so great.

“Miss Berry?” the nurse said and both of them stood up.
“Are you going to wait here for me? There are a few things that a brother shouldn't see of his sister,” she tried it with a joke and smiled at him.
“I'll be waiting here for you,” he said and kissed her head. He sat back down and took a magazine from the table in front of him. He got through the pages without noticing what all of this was about. Finally he put it away and stared at the white wall.
At the meantime Cady followed the nurse into a simple room and sat down behind the desk. She waited for the doctor and her fingernails tipped on the desk. Forcefully she grabbed the armrest so her knuckles turned out white. You can make this, she told herself over and over again.

-x-

“Hey Cady, what did the doctors said?” she was greeted by Zacky, who hugged her as soon as she entered the house. All of them were at his place to have a barbeque.
“What about coming in first?” she asked with the smile on her face, which they all grew fond of.
“She didn't even tell me, she wanted you to be around,” a moody MB said. “Think she would have told me, I mean I sat there for hours and waited,” he grumbled.
“You shouldn't have come with me,” Cady said annoyed and pulled of her jacket which Zacky took.

“Cady-bear,” Jimmy screamed and ran to her. He hugged her and she returned the hug.
“So, please tell me the dinner is finished, I'm starving. I haven't eat anything at all today,” she confirmed before she turned around to walked into a chest. Matt wrapped his arms around her before she could fall backwards.
“Be careful,” he said and didn't let go of her so she returned the hug. “What did the doctors said?” he asked her.
“Will everybody ask me that?” she asked.
“We're just worried,” he confessed.

“Okay, bring me something to eat and I'll tell you.” He took off to get something from the kitchen while she greeted the rest of them.
“How's has it been in the studio?” she asked.
“To be honest... it was pretty bad,” Brian said took her hand and lead her outside where a huge table stood. She sat down on a chair next to her brother. He opened his mouth but she told him, she would say it when everybody was here because she didn't had the motivation to recall it every time someone asked her.

At this time Matt walked through the door. He had a plate in his hand with bread, salad and some sausages on it.
“Who should eat all of that?” she asked when he put the plate in front of her.
“Oh come on sis, we knew you can eat a lot,” her brother said and she hit his arm playfully. “What? I'm just honest.”
She put some salad on her fork and started eating while the others just sat there and watched her. “What? I can't eat with all of you staring at me,” she said.
“Then just tell what they said,” Matt said and the others nodded.

“Okay,” she put away her fork. “They told me I need an operation so they can tell how much damage the cancer did. After that either they have to operate again or I'll get chemotherapy. I have two days to say if I'll let do the operation or not.”
“What happen if you decide to do not the operation?” Johnny asked.
“That's not an option,” JB screamed and grabbed automatically his sisters hand.
“Jason I think I'll need my hand,” she said and his grip loosened a bit. “To answer your question, if I will go that way I'm going to die. They couldn't tell me how much time I'll have left but they thought not more than a year,” she said and a awkward silence was there. “Jason, hand,” she just said when his grip tightened again.

She saw Jimmy running towards her but didn't realize he would lift her from her seat. “Don't do that, Cady-bear. Don't leave us, promise me you won't leave us,” he whispered desperately in her ear.
“I'm not dead, Jimmy,” she said desperate. It broke her heart to know that she cause him pain.

“That was no promise, Cady. Promise it,” he half yelled. She looked over his shoulder in the faces who all had that hope in their eyes that she'll take the operation.
“I promise you, I won't die in the next time, when you promise me you'll give me the blonde wig. I always wanted to be blonde,” she tried to lighten the mood with a joke.

“That's my Cady-bear,” he said and squeezed her harder. “Give me your pinky promise,” he said and let her down to held out his little finger.
“Promise,” she said and locked their fingers. She walked back to the table and sat down again. She wanted to start eating again, but saw a mobile phone in front of her. “What?” she asked confused and her glance followed the arm which held the phone just to be met with Matt's eyes.

“Call them,” he simply said. “Call them and say you'll take the operation.” She know they would be only convinced if she would do this now. Her hand shook lightly and Matt grabbed it under the table and squeezed it lightly while she made the phone call. She hope that this was the right decision, but when she looked around she was sure, she did the right thing. She just hoped they wouldn't be too disappointed in her if she failed.

-x-

“You know you don't have to come all,” Cady said before she got into the car.
“Tomorrow we all be there for you and we'll be all waiting for you,” they said. Jason would drive her to hospital. She had to stay the night before she would be in the OP next day. She waved at them when the car pulled out of the driveway. She would never admit it, but she was glad that they would come tomorrow.
“So, you're nervous?” Jason asked to break the silence.

“Bet on it,” she admitted and sighed. “You'll make it, you're strong and I'm so proud of you,” he said and stared at the street. He knew when he would look at her he would start to cry and she didn't need that. But he was afraid of losing his sister.
“Yeah,” she said and tried a smile, but both of them knew it was fake.
When they reached the hospital she filled out the papers and went to her room, her brother at her side. They put their belongings in her closet and then they stood awkward in front of each other.

“Well, I'll go then,” JB said not sure.
“See you tomorrow, big brother,” she hugged him and dragged him along the door so he would really go. After he had left she sat down on the uncomfortable bed. At least she had a room for herself. After the spare dinner she changed and sat down on her bed again. She didn't want to read the book she had brought herself and after turning on the TV she turned it off again, 'cause there was nothing she would want to see. She grabbed her bag and grabbed her brand new mp3 player. It was a gift from the guys, they had put their favorite music on it. They thought she needed to listen to music more and she had nothing else to do now, so why not now?

While she laid there and listened to some music she thought about the last weeks. The guys had done everything to cheer her up. They had even took her along to the studio so she could see how they work. She had the most fun with Jimmy and Johnny, she and Brian always made fun of each other and Zacky had taken care of her. But she was closer to the other ones, even if she can't explain why. And Matt... yeah she had the strongest connection with him. She could talk to him about her fears and serious things, but they both new how to make fun also. She had made it her objective to let his dimples pop out the most.

If she was honest she had a little crush on him. She didn't even know if he had a girlfriend, they had talked about almost everything but that topic was always left out. She sighed deeply when she noticed her phone vibrating. She grabbed it from her night desk and saw she did get a message. A smile appeared on her face when she saw that it was from Matt.

How you're doing? Everything alright?

She quickly typed back that she was in her stupid hospital room and was listening to the music they gave her. It took some minutes until Matt's reply came.

You be out there sooner than you think, you'll see. And be sure the guys will bug you tomorrow about it ;) U're afraid?

This time it took her some minutes to reply. She didn't know if she should be honest with him, but if she could be honest with one of them it would be him. You don't know how much. I'm glad you'll come tomorrow, I think I wouldn't do this if you wouldn't be there for me she text him.

This time he answered sooner.

We'll be there as soon as we're allowed to. Hope we won't be kicked out, you know the guys ;) You should sleep soon.

She laughed when she read that and answered him, that she would be sleeping enough tomorrow. And so they both text each other until Cady couldn't hold her eyes open anymore. She wished Matt a good night and fell asleep in the unfamiliar room soon.

Next morning when she was woken up by the nurse at six she sighed deeply. She didn't know why they had to wake her so early. She got her things and took a long shower and then she waited for the doctor to arrive. She couldn't eat anything and her stomach growled in protest. She waited and waited. She took her book and put it away without reading anything. She turned the TV on and off. After the doctors came they told her she shut put on the ugly hospital night grown. She hated it and she didn't understand why it had to be open on the back!

She laid in bed, when she heard some voices on the floor and knew exactly that this were her boys on the way to her. She heard a soft knock on her door before she told them to come in. A big smile was on her face when she saw that all wanted to get into her room at the same time and kind of stuck in the big door. She laughed loudly and watched as they finally managed to get into the room. It was pretty crowded now in there so she scooted over and Matt and her brothers sat next to her on her bed.

“How's it going, sis?” Jason asked.
“I'm so glad you're here. I'm bored to death,” she said and all looked shocked at her. “Oh come on, you know what I mean. And I didn't get any breakfast and have to wear this stupid thing. I bet the back's just open so the doctors have something to watch,” she smirked.

Jimmy cracked up laughing and lightened the mood. They sat there chatting a bit when the nurse came and told her the doctor would be there soon. “Okay, would you all turn around now?” she asked. They looked at her confused. “I have to use the bathroom and I just told you everyone can see my ass, so turn around.” she said and waited til everybody was with the back to her. She got up and when she almost reached the bathroom door she heard Johnny yelling “Nice ass.” She turned around and saw her brothers and Matt who beat him up at the same time. When she came back Johnny rubbed his arms and they all have still their backs towards her. She climbed back into bed and told them they could turn around.

Then the doctors arrived with some nurses and the guys refused to left her side. It was pretty crowded in the corners of the room while the nursed connected her with a drip and told her she would come back in half an hour so she would get the anesthesia. She sensed that the guys would get nervous by now.
“Calm down guys, everything will be alright. Come, give me a group hug and then you can go,” she said and smiled at them. Maybe they were so fond of her, 'cause she always tried to cheer up other people. They tried to hug her, but Jimmy almost fall and took the drip with him, so they decided it would be better if they wished her luck by themselves. When there were only Matt, MB and JB left the doctor came to gave her her amnesia.

“Promise me, you'll be here, when I wake up,” she begged and her brothers said goodbye and told her they were here when she waked up. They left the room and Matt was the last one at her side. She grabbed his hand and squeezed it. She realized she was getting dizzy. Matt bent forward and kissed her cheek. “I promise you, I'll be there when you wake up. And then I'll ask you properly if you would go on a date with me. I wanted to ask you the last weeks, but we had to think of more important things then. But the first time I saw you, you had me when you came into the bar and yelled at your brothers.” She heard him chuckle and he went on. “I really hope, you'll go out with me. So, wake up soon,” she thought she heard him say before her eyes closed and the amnesia took it's part. But it could have been a dream – a wonderful dream.