The Life of a Player.

One.

When I was a kid, I never really thought much about my future. I just knew I had to go to school, graduate, find a job, get married and live happily ever after.

I mean, isn't that everyone's dream? But I knew my present was far from what I expected. When I was a kid, I didn't know I was gonna be drunk off my ass next to my best friend, Max.

I never even knew that I'd be drunk off my ass with my parent's liquor. The liquor that they had bought with their hard-earned money. I laid down on the cold grass next to Max. He was just like me. Drunk off his ass, and too tired to go anywhere.

I stared up at the night sky, the stars barely visible thanks to the city lights. I knew there were billions of them out there, I knew they were there, I just couldn't see 'em.

Max mumbled slightly and I turned towards him, my vision slightly blurry, my head pounding. But I didn't let that faze me. I just started talking in a drunken slur.

"Hey Max? Can you believe we're here right now? I mean, when we were little, we thought we'd be 17 and staying at home studying our white butts off. Look at us now. We're drunk, cold, singing at the top of our lungs, barely even knowing what we're doing! Can you believe that buddy?" I whispered and a cloud of air formed.

He hummed a yes and I continued.

"I mean, I thought I'd be 17 and in love. I'm 17 and I am far from being in love. I've seen so many girls, been with so many girls, I just want one that could get me drunk when I just look at her. Don't you want that too?"

He hummed once more and I took a swig of my cheap beer.

"Just imagine how life would be if we found the girl. I'd be the happiest guy alive. I wouldn't go through these girls like clothes, I'd stay faithful to my heroin. I just gotta find her," I whispered in drunken excitement.

He hummed again and I knew he was fast asleep, tired from all the booze that had entered his body.

Maybe drinking my life away wasn't the right way to find someone to love.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? Subscriptions? Love?