Status: One-Shot

Time to Dance

One of One

It was not fair. I was his best friend since I was 6 and she got all his attention. Spencer was the only knew how much this felt. The animal the bursting to get out, but I didn't let it. I would never let this out. Even though Jon was smart, he just didn't catch on like Spencer did.

I always felt that Ryan and I were supposed to be together because I knew everything about him. I knew his favorite color, his favorite band, etc. She didn't. She was only in it because of the money and the fame. She was going to kick him to the curb after she was done with him. I just didn't want him to get hurt. He always wore his heart on his sleeve.

I guess he was hoping to get the love of the people around him where his father didn't even look at him. His father would rather drink himself to death. I had started liking Ryan back in high school. Don't ask me how it started, 'cause its really difficult to describe it.

He always kept to himself and never really talked to anyone but me and Spencer. And when they formed Panic at the Disco with Brendon and Brent and got signed to the FueledByRamen and Pete Wentz's label Decay Dance, I was just ecstatic. I was proud of them because this was all Ryan dreamed about doing. Playing his heart on stage. Rocking out with his guitar and friends. When I met Brendon Urie, the vocalist of the band. The first thought I ever thought of him was that he was a hyper-active ten year old trapped in a sixteen year olds body. He was really weird and funny and he could always make me laugh.

The guys were in their late teens when they got signed. Ryan even asked me to come with them on their first ever tour. I gladly excepted his request. The boys parents weren't really kean on the idea of the band and stuff, but they got used to it.

Okay, you're probably wondering why I'm ranting to you and who I am. Well, I'm Sally. I'm nineteen years young and I'm in love with my best friend. Is that too weird? And you're probably wondering who SHE is. She is Alyssa. She's supposedly Ryan's 'girlfriend'. I've seen the girls he's dated in the past. Most of them were only after the fame and money and whatnot. I hated it. They always took advantage of Ryan and the band. Alyssa had mid-back strawberry blond hair and brown eyes and wore tank-tops, mini-skirts and heels. I had shoulder length brunette hair and blue eyes and wore jeans, band shirts and converse. What did she have that I didn't? Wasn't I good enough for him? I guess not.

She wore makeup, I wore bruises from skateboarding all the time. She had perfect skin, I had acne covering my body. She seemed like the perfect girl, but I saw through her lies and fake smiles. I'd been meaning to tell Ryan, but I was too frightened. I tell Spencer about it. He listens to me and tries to understand the pain I'm going through 'cause he went through the same thing. His girlfriend, Haylie had a boyfriend before Spencer and was using her for money and sex and Spencer told her and shit and you know the rest.

This madness had to stop. It was getting out of hand. I wanted to tell him how I felt, but when I tried, I'd freeze up and walk away embarrassed. I hated it. And then I'd go back into my bunk and sulk and listen to Thirty Seconds to Mars to help and cheer me up. Brendon would try and give me advice, but I would thank and just push him away.

Hopefully when we get back to Vegas, everything would got back to normal. Seeing Ginger Smith again. She was Spencer's mother. She was more of a mother to me then my own mother. And Spencer's little sisters were the sisters I never had.

I had two older brothers. Kyle was the oldest and was in collage and Gus was living in Chicago with his girlfriend with their two year old son named Zeke. And my dad, my dad walked out on us when I was five. Kyle was seventeen and Gus was twelve. Gus took it the hardest, 'cause he was a family man. Kyle just didn't really give a shit. Him and dad never really got along from what I remember.

But enough about me, this was about Ryan. When we hit the the Nevada border, we all cheered and Brendon brought out a bottle of wine. I shook my head at him and laughed.

"Sally, would you like to do the honors?" He questioned.

I smiled and got out of my sit and stood next to Brendon and took the bottle from his hands and raised it into the air. "To Panic." and I popped the top open and started to fill wine glasses.
-------------------------------
After the bus stopped, we grabbed all out stuff and walked off the bus, it was around two-thirty in the morning and I was really sleepy. Brendon went back to crash at his parents place, same with Spencer. Ryan and I had a rock, paper scissors duel on if we should get a hotel room or just crash at Spencer's. And Ryan had won with rock, I had scissors. So we got a hotel room with two queen sized bed and just lazed around. We were a little bit tipsy because of the wine, but we weren't drunk to have sex. That would be a moment really awkward. So all we did was talk and watch TV just laying next to each other, and I somehow found myself falling asleep.
-------------------------------
I woke up feeling something warm next to me, which was kind of a weird feeling. I still felt my clothes on, so that was good. I opened my eyes to find Ryan's cute face with his eyes close and breathing a steady breath. He looked so peaceful when he slept. His Ry-hawk was everywhere. As the fans call it. I moved some hairs from his face and kissed his forehead. Ryan blinked his eyes for a minute and finally opened them widely.

"Good morning." I said to him with a small smile adoring my lips.

"Hello." he replied with the same expression on his face.

And since our faces were kinda close together, his lips attached to mine. I put my hand on his cheek and I closed my eyes, enjoying every minute of it. It was total bliss. It was like I was in a dream, until Brendon and the she-devil had to show up. I heard her gasp as me and Ryan pulled apart and sat up. I gave Brendon a 'you just had to let her in didn't you' look and he just shrugged confusedly. Ryan pulled Alyssa out of the room and I heard them argue right outside the door. Who would hear her screaming in angry. I just ruined her plans. I smirked few a few seconds and two to three minutes later, Ryan came back looking almost happy. I shook my head and yawned.

"I guess I'll leave you two alone then." said Brendon as his wriggled his eyebrows.

"Out!" I demanded, pointing to the door.

He raised his hand in defense. "Jesus, you don't need yell." He joked as he walked out of the door.

"So.......?" I awkwardly asked slash said.

"I broke up with her."

"And?"

"She's gone forever, thank God."

I smiled. "That's good, 'cause she was so annoying, I was ready to pound her."

He just chuckled. "She was supposed to do that."

"What?" I asked in disbelief.

"I only dated her to make you jealous. And it worked." replied Ryan as he shrugged. "It was Brendon's idea. Blame him, not me." he help up his hands in defense as if I was going to punch him.

"So, what does that mean?" I was honestly confused. Ryan would never like me.

"I means I like you, you weirdo. Sally, I've been in love with you since middle school."

Wow, he's liked me since then and I've liked him since high school and never gave him a time of day. I felt guilty now.

"The reason I never told 'cause I was afraid our friendship would come to a stop and you wouldn't talk to me again. Spencer was the only one who knew. I'm sorry for all the trouble I caused." he got off the bed and started walking towards the door. I stopped him by grabbing his sleeve.

"Wait." I looked up at him.

Ryan came back to me and cupped my cheeks with his long fingers.

"Sally, tell me what's wrong?"

"I like you too." was all I said.
♠ ♠ ♠
My contest entry for Angie Shadows band contest.