Please Keep Chasing Me

What does that even mean?

Klaus pulled up in front of an old antique shop, pausing to look into the backseat to make sure Amity was still asleep, "Klaus, what are we doing here?"

"I need explanations, Stefan," he said rolling his eyes at the man in the seat next to him, "And the only person who can give me those is Denika."

He got out of the car and opened the back door, pulling Amity into his arms, holding her against his chest and shutting the car door with his foot, "Denika? Who is she?"

They walked towards the building and Klaus cursed at the bell on the door that rung when they walked inside, "A witch."

Klaus placed Amity on one of the antique couches inside of the store and Stefan sat in the chair diagonal from her, twirling a dagger in his hand, "What exactly do you need an explanation for? You've got your hybrids all found out, you killed Mikael. What is the point of her?" He gestured towards Amity and they both paused as she rolled on the couch, but fell back asleep. Klaus didn't need her to wake up right now; he needed answers before he could deal with her. What really needed to do was break the ice and get Amity to talk to him.

"Shut up will you? Denika, come out, come out, I need your assistance sweetheart." Klaus called out circling around the store.

"I thought I told you not to come to me when you needed help with your little hybrids or anything at all. You're trouble." A tall mixed woman with long black hair suddenly appeared behind the counter and Klaus spun to greet her with a grin.

"Ah there you are, love." He walked towards the counter leaning on his elbows towards her, "This isn't about my hybrids, it's on a more personal level."

"Oh is it?" She cocked her eyebrow and smirked, something personal that Klaus was going to open up about? She wanted to hear this. "Talk to me."

He glanced back at Stefan who was still playing with the dagger and then looked back at Denika, "I need to talk to you in private."

Denika walked from behind the counter and gestured for Klaus to follow her into a room that had a desk. She sat down behind it, propping her feet on the edge and eyed Klaus as he sat down across from her, "So what is effecting you on a personal level? This has got to be good."

He glared at her and sighed leaning back, "That girl out their-"

She cut him off, "Ohh a girl, Klaus? Hmm that is so not like you!"

"Just listen." He said taking a deep, pausing breath, "When I met her I felt this strong connection, I was immediately gravitating towards her." He scrunched his eyebrows together with frustration, "Then I touched her hand, and I saw her life. Her whole life Denika and she saw mine. Is she something supernatural that I just can't tell?"

She stared at Klaus for a moment before smiling and unpropping her feet from the desk, "Oh Klaus," She reached forward and grabbed his hand, "That girl is as human as it gets, I couldn't pull any energy from her if it killed me." She chuckled.

"Then what was it? I don't like walking around with someone else memories in my head and knowing that they have all my memories too." He ripped his hand away from hers letting out a frustrated growl.

"She's your mate." Denika stated simply. Klaus eyes snapped up to meet hers and he searched for any amusement that would tell him this was a joke; there was none.

"What does that even mean?" He was starting to get angry and Denika was getting intimidated. This would be a problem for Klaus, having a tiny human relying on him. Denika knew that if she got Klaus to upset, he could kill her in an instant. "And don't try and pull some twilight shit on me."

"She's your mate, Klaus. She is the love of your life whether you wanted one or not." She paused to think, "Its part of your werewolf side, there is nothing you can do to stop it."

"Well what do I do with her?" He asked his eyes bugging out at her. Klaus hadn't loved a human for at least 1,000 years and now he wasn't even given the choice if he wanted to or not, he had to.

"What do you mean what do you do with her?" She got up and walked around the desk, leaning against it in front of him scowling at him. He probably thought he could just get rid of Amity and this would all go away. "You love her, turn her, marry her, or make babies with her! Hell Klaus, I don't know, I'm not you. Just remember if you choose to ignore the fact that she is your mate, that thing pulling you towards her will only get stronger."

"I don't understand she's not a werewolf; she can't be my mate." He stood up and looked at her with a flustered face.

"It doesn't matter, Klaus. You better prepare yourself, there are going to be times you'll want to rip her head off, but you'll never be able to do it, and that will piss you off even more." She said smirking and walked around him to exit the room, she stopped and turned to him one last time before opening the door, "I forgot to mention, she's the only Woman on this earth who will be able to carry a hybrid baby, lucky you found her, aren't you?"

Amity woke up on an unfamiliar couch and squinted at the man sitting diagonal from her, "Stefan, am I back home already?"

She sat up, running her hand through her hair and glanced around at the large room she was in that was full of antiques, "Ha, you're never going to get to go home. Apparently there is something special about you."

"What?" She asked standing up, "I thought Klaus was taking me and giving you back."

Stefan watched as she walked over to the counter and peaked down the hallway where a closed door was, "Yeah, well I didn't want to go back. Damon's plans always back fire."

Amity hopped on the counter and watched as Stefan chuckled and then took the dagger in his hand and drug it down his finger. It healed immediately and he retraced it once again, letting it heal. Her head snapped over to the door once it opened and a tall black woman walked out. Stefan had stopped tracing cuts on his hands and looked back towards the hallway.

"You guys be out of here before midnight and lock my doors." She said to Stefan and loud enough for Klaus to hear. Then she turned to Amity and took her hand smiling, "Good luck, Amity."

Amity's face was confused as she watched Denika leave. She suddenly felt a presence from beside her and looked over to see Klaus; she rolled her eyes at him and immediately became mute.

"Ouch Amity the silent treatment is really hurting my feelings." He stated sarcastically, smirking at her as she avoided his eyes, "You were a cute baby by the way, your brothers are wonderful. It's brilliant that they gave you a phobia of worms just by putting them in your hair when you were little." Amity placed her lips in a thin line trying not to smile at the memory. She missed being little and running around in the backyard with her brothers, "Come on Amity, you have to talk to me!" More silence, she didn't have to do anything she didn't want to do.

"Klaus, she hates you." Klaus ignored Stefan's words and kept his eyes on Amity.

"If you don't talk to me, I'll be forced to say things that will make you uncomfortable." She still stayed silent so Klaus grinned pushing away from his lean on the counter and standing right in front of Amity whom was still seated onto of the counter ; Alright then. "Amity, do you know what's better then sex?" His smirk was wider as her ocean blue eyes snapped up to meet his lighter ones, "Sex with a hybrid."

She stared at him for a minute noticing that the twinkle in his eye and the smirk on his face never left. He was the type of person to get a kick out of hurting people or making them uncomfortable, "Well good for you. I'm glad you know how to work it." She said reaching out and trying to push him away from her, but it did no good.

Klaus wasn't smirking anymore, a full blown smile had broken out on his face; dimples and all, "Oh she speaks," Klaus chuckled looking back at Stefan who was smiling at Amity as well, "And she is a smartass."