Status: active & in progress.

Hesitating and Suffocating

and i'd be so good to you.

Cally stood at the merch table as the guys preformed, John still cracking jokes and acting like a bastard. Cally had sold a bunch of shirts and merch and got hit on a few thousand times. Things were quieting down when Jamie popped up at the table, smirking like the Cheshire Cat she really was. “So, Cally, what’s your story?”

“No idea,” Cally said, leaning back in her chair and tipping her hat back further on her head, to reveal those green eyes John loved so much. She didn’t like Jamie from the beginning, where she sat on John’s lap and practically undressed him in front of everyone.

“Come on, Cally, you have to remember something!” Jamie was being so fake and it was awful for Cally to sit there and endure. She wanted to cry, but she was so happy about strong, and she was going to continue being strong if that’s what it took. “John won’t tell me about you two, so I figured you might.”

“What, you haven’t heard, Jamie?” Cally spat as The Maine walked off the stage and girls came running towards the merch table. “I don’t remember a single fucking thing about him.”

Cally felt a surge of hate for Jamie. Cally, in the space of seeing John again, had changed into someone she wasn’t. She had changed from the shy and timid girl into a fire-spiting dragon, and those who brought her back weren’t thrilled about it. They were happy she was sticking up for herself but ... this was something new. She felt remorse though, the old her showing through the cracks of what she didn’t remember, and opened her mouth slowly.

“I’m sorry, Jamie, for snapping at you. It’s just ... it’s been hard, and I’m trying to find who I am again and that’s hard too. I just wish that I remembered how great our relationship was.” Cally chuckled, sounding more like the Cally all the boys remembered. “It sounds like I really loved him.” She gently grabbed Jamie’s arm, and squeezed, and she shrunk away. “I’m glad you make him happy, though, Jamie.” Cally turned back towards the table.

Jamie, too, felt a surge of hate for Cally, but it was a different kind of hate. She hated her for being so beautiful, for being exactly the kind of girl John would fall for. Typical of the John that Jamie had loved for the longest time to fall for the only perfect girl in all of fucking Arizona. Jamie rolled her eyes.

“Yeah, I’m glad I do too.” Jamie turned on her heel and stalked backstage, where she planned on rocking John’s world the moment that Cally came back too. Jamie needed the whole scoop from Kennedy, the only one who she could even tolerate.

She wasn’t going to make John miserable, that would be far too easy. She would make Cally, who didn’t remember a single thing about John, miserable. She smirked as she flashed her pass, and shook her head. This was going to be fun.
♠ ♠ ♠
this is what i love about this story. there isn't just one plotline anymore. there's multiple. there's john and cally, there's jamie trying to rip them apart, theres so many more character and its just multifaceted.

there is no excuse for the lack of update, but ive been busy. i have standardized testing this week and ive been given tons of shit to do. i apologize.