Status: active & in progress.

Hesitating and Suffocating

this isn't enough.

Cally stood in the airport, slightly lost as in her left hand the only picture of her and Garrett she had, her image cut out carelessly and leaving only Garrett’s face. She was feeling slightly more confident, but she still bit her lip as she searched the crowd, tugging on her dark hair until she heard a whisper yell she instantly connected. “Cally, is that you?” Garrett said, and Cally marveled silently.

Garrett looked just like he did in the picture, hair messy and a light color, his eyes sparkling as he looked at her. He hugged her tight, not waiting for an answer, and Cally began to cry. She had flashes of Garrett, and that thrilled her beyond belief. “Garrett,” She whispered in his ear, still hugging him tightly.

He took a long look at her, and smiled, knowing they were being odd in the middle of the crowded airport. “You look amazing, despite,” He said, and grabbed a strand of her hair, smiled. “You dyed your hair.” Cally bit her red lips, nodded, and blushed.

She was beginning to recall the scent of Garrett, the kind of Axe that she felt digging behind the wall of the unknowns, things she didn’t remember. But the smell on his shirt, a weird plaid shirt with a blue tie, was familiar enough that Cally saw a small and dingy restaurant with a huge bar along most of it. She had no idea where it was, or what it was, but she knew that at some point in her life, she had been there with Garrett, and that it was a happy memory.

She shook the fog off, and smiled a little at Garrett. She wrapped her elbow around his, something she thought was natural for friends, but she didn’t really know anymore what was natural and what wasn’t. But Garrett smiled at her, and held her close as they walked towards baggage claim, watching as her bag came down the carousel, and Garrett began to talk to her.

“I don’t want to overwhelm you, so it’s just Pat, our other roommate, tonight. I’ll introduce you to everyone else when you’re ready.” He looked at her as she grabbed her bag, chewing her lip again, her worst habit. “This is about you. All about you.” She looked at Garrett, people surrounding them as she slowly began to speak, her voice as quiet as before.

“I don’t want you to give up your life for me, Garrett. I just ... I just came here to remember my past, like the doctor told me I would if I went back to my old routine and everything, and then ... Garrett, the last thing I remember is being engaged to Howie and wanting nothing more than to become a singer. I used to sing all the time and I used to play guitar and that’s all I want to do. I’m here to find my past, and move on.” She bit her lip tight, hard. He began to speak, and she cut him off, a slight smile to go with her quiet voice. “But don’t worry, okay? I’m not going to leave you behind. I promise.”

Garrett held her close, Cally’s head leaning on his shoulder as they walked out of the airport, their friendship held intact by some odd string.
♠ ♠ ♠
hi! so i'm going to be away for most of the weekend and thought i'd update :* i think this is my favorite chapter so far. what do you think of garrett and cally reuniting and what she says?

and if you're into "criminal minds", i have a new story for you! it's featuring my personal favorite member, Dr. Spencer Reid, and can be found here. thanks guys. i love you all.