Status: indefinite hiatus

Crash Land.

And I went searching when my flight went down.

Neither John nor Liliana could sleep that night; instead they laid there in the large bed staring up at the ceiling. They kept a small distance between their naked bodies as the only thing that could be heard in the room was the soft breath they inhale and exhaled. They were just enjoying the moment. There were no words that needed to be said. They had just had amazing sex and neither of them could think straight. The only thing on their mind was each other. They replayed the sexual encounter over and over in their head. They were both amazed at how amazing their bodies felt. John took a deep breath finally letting his body roll over to face the beautiful girl beside him. The morning sun pouring into the darkness as his green eyes watched her bare chest raise and then fall. He licked his dry lips as the girl turned her eyes to meet his stare. She gave him a smile, not a smirk, but a real smile. She rolled on her side to face the beautiful creature. She tucked her arm under her head as her green eyes met his.

“I don’t do that often.”

“Get laid?” she asked looking into his eyes.

He just chuckled at her words and Liliana couldn’t help but to smile at the sight. “Well you know, have sex with a girl a barely know.”

“You don’t have to lie”, she spoke with a bright smile that caused John to smile widely. “This is a non-judging space.”

John just smiled; he couldn’t control the constant grin he wore when he was around the girl. He just laughed but didn’t speak another word. He had been with his share of woman. He’s tried the whole girlfriend thing that didn’t work out. He tried the random hook ups, friends with benefits and on occasion the one night stands but his sexual needs were never fulfilled. They were all dull and didn’t have that extra ‘umf’ he needed that was until Liliana. The girl fulfilled his desire. She was like a walking billboard of sex appeal and John was buying it all. He shivered at the thought of her curvy body beneath him. The dirty words falling from her lips just egging him on with every thrust, she was confident in her movements and words.

John liked it, hell he loved it.

“I’m going to get coffee.”

John watched her naked body through the shadows. He watched her pick up her lacey underwear from the ground and the button up shirt. He watched with an amused smile as she buttoned them up as the shirt fell just to her thighs. With a mess of her blond hair she walked out of the room. John threw his head back on the pillow. He reached over grabbing his boxer briefs from the floor and making his way out to see the girl already with a cup of coffee.

“Would you like one?”

“Please”, he spoke finally taking a look around the apartment.

The apartment was bare and plain. He noticed the mountain of books around the small apartment. His eyes narrowed in on the record player in the corner along with vintage records underneath. He raised an eyebrow before a cup of coffee was placed in front of him. He took the cup in his large hands before his eyes wondered off to the half-naked girl. She gave him a smile before walking past him. He looked at her thin tanned legs and the large untied boots on her feet. He chuckled as she walked out to the small balcony. John followed right behind her. He watched her take a seat on the chair tucking her delicious legs underneath her body. He slumped down in the seat feeling the warm morning air hit his bare body.

“So you’re in college?”

“Yup”, she spoke sipping her coffee. “Last year, thank god”, she said with a wide smile.

“What are you majoring in?”

“Psychology”, she said as John rolled his eyes at the girl’s answers. “I know, very generic”, she said with a chuckle.

“All the cool kids are doing it.”

“I want to be a clinical psychologist, dealing with addicts and such.”

“What kind of addicts?”

“Drugs, alcohol, sex”, she said with a shrug. “The works”, she said before sipping on her coffee.

“What got you interested in that profession?”

“The world is a fucked up place”, she began as John looked over at her nodding his head in agreement. “And I want to witness the reason first hand”, she confessed causing John to raise an eyebrow.

“I’ve never heard an answer like that.”

“I see those beautiful green eyes of yours judging, I thought I said this is a non-judging space.”

“I’m not judging”, he spoke putting his hands up in defense. “I actually really appreciate your honesty.”

“Well thank you”, she said sipping her coffee with the same smirk on her lips. “What about you, are you in school?”

“I tried for a semester”, he said earning her attention. “Dropped out the next”, he said with a chuckle.

“Ah, you’re one of those.”

“I thought this was a non-judging space.”

“I’m not judging, just evaluating”, she said with a smile. “So what made you drop out?”

“My band”, he spoke as Liliana’s eyes went wide.

John noticed the smirk no her lips as she rested her coffee cup on her thighs. “I knew you were in a band.”

“How?”

“You just give off that vibe”, she said with a chuckle. “You have the tortured musician look going for you.”

“I do not look tortured.”

Liliana nodded her head totally disregarding his words. “Let me guess, you’re the singer”, she said as John looked at her in disbelief. “And also the lyricist”, she said as John let out a chuckle.

“Do I give off that vibe?”

“Yes.”

“You’re good at this.”

“I hope so, this is going to be my future job”, she said with a chuckle. “You’re here either looking for your big break”, she said looking deep into his green eyes. “But considering the look you just gave me and the uncomfortable twitch, you’re already rather large”, she said licking her lips. “You’re stuck on one image and you’re here to totally re-write that all and become some new band”, she said as John was mesmerized by the words leaving her lips. “You want something different”, she said as John nodded his head.

John didn’t have to say another word, Liliana knew she was right. She sipped her coffee looking over at John having more of an understanding of him.

“You’re going to do it.”

“Do what?”

“Make it”, she spoke softly not giving him her full attention. “You’re going to change a lot of people’s opinion of your band.”

“And exactly how do you know that?”

Liliana looked up to meet his stare. John didn’t wear the smile he was used to wearing around her. Instead he just stared intensely waiting for the next words to leave her lips. He was lost and he knew she saw right through it. He was looking for himself but he was searching in the wrong places.

“You’re determined”, she spoke looking over at him.

“Determination doesn’t get you very far”, he spoke with his thick raspy voice causing shivers to go down her spine. “Millions of people have determination and they get nowhere.”

“This is true”, she said finishing off her pot of coffee. “But millions of people aren’t you, John.”

“How are you so sure?”

Liliana shrugged her shoulders. “I’m not”, she spoke looking directly into his eyes. “You just have to take my word for it.”

She stood up from the small chair and walked back inside. John was caught up in his own thoughts that he didn’t notice the girl staring over at him, taking him all in. Finally he let his green eyes travel up to hers.

“We all have been degraded. We all have been the greatest”, she said looking over his chest tattoo with a smile. “Beautiful words, you write beautiful words.”

John was at a loss of words. He couldn’t control the feelings in the pit of his stomach. He was confused and unable to have a profound thought in the last minute. The only thing he knew was the reason behind all his confusion was the beautiful girl standing inside the apartment.
♠ ♠ ♠
I honestly really liked this chapter. They are such a mystery to each other yet it works. Obviously they are sexually attracted to each other but there is something there. They don't have to sit there and get to know each other but instead they just sit there in silence making their own assumptions on the other person. I really like it.

I'm totally in love with the John Era, what about you guys?

Special thanks to these lovely people!

thescenekid
soonerorlater
WhoAreYouJudy
doesn'tbelieveinlove
RoRo15
shootingmoons
hachie
DanielleOhhhh
tessie
MYP


Feedback would be amazing guys!