Status: indefinite hiatus

Crash Land.

we're stuck.

The next morning when John’s eyes fluttered open he expected his bed to be completely empty. He figured Liliana would have done what she does best, run. Much to his surprise there the blond laid. Her hair spread all over his arm as she snuggled close into his chest. John knew better than to ‘talk’ to the girl but instead he just held her close afraid that soon enough he was going to have to let her go.

Weeks had past and in those weeks John and Liliana went back to their usual selves. Not letting any feelings or emotions get in the way. No matter how many times John wanted to tell the girl he loved her. Wanted to plead with her, beg her to stay with him. To give him a chance, he stayed quiet. He figured having the girl in his life was better than not having her at all. The boys spent most of their time in the studio, the studio where Liliana could be found as well. Her relationships with the boys were just as close maybe even closer to the other boys in the band. It seemed like she was able to open up to the likes of Kennedy, Jared, Pat and Garrett over John. Liliana was in love, no matter how hard she tried to convince herself that she wasn’t.

She would sit there in the studio with all eyes on John. Her eyes never left his. She found herself thinking about a possible future with the boy. Her thoughts were constantly swarmed by thoughts of John O’Callaghan and it seemed John couldn’t control his own thoughts on Liliana Ramos. It seemed like every lyric he wrote down had something to do with the girl. John had always known since the moment he first set eyes on the beautiful girl in the small diner that she was going to be something special. But he never expected Liliana Ramos to become his muse.

“Come on.”

Liliana just rolled her eyes pushing back her mess of blond hair. “Hold your horses, asshole.”

“Don’t tell me you need help.”

John stood up top of the hill with his hands on her waist staring down at the girl in confusion. He watched her eyes roll in annoyance as she let out a sigh of annoyance.

“Well not all of us were born with spider fucking legs.”

“I have spider legs?”

“Yes,” she said with a huff pulling her body up the steep hill. “Small and long,” she said pushing at his hand that was being offered for help. “I did it myself.”

“It took you long enough.”

“Fuck you,” she yelled out with a smirk on her lips.

“It seems like you already have.”

Liliana turned to see the smug smirk on the boy’s lips as he looked her up and down. She rolled her eyes once again before tugging on her small floral shorts.

“Oh good one,” she said pushing past him shoving at his shoulder. “See if you get laid now after that comment.”

John just laughed shaking his head watching the small girl walk to the edge. He watched her movement very carefully trying his hardest to hide the smile on his face. When a sudden rush of sadness took over his body his shoulder slumped over and he made his way to his usual spot, beside her. He sat down on the dirt spreading his legs out staring out at the horizon trying to keep his eyes from looking in her direction.

“So you guys wrapped everything up?”

John nodded his head watching the sun peeking over the horizon. “Everything is finished with. We’re going to leave back home for a few days and then fly out here for a listening party.”

“Are you excited?”

“I am,” he said finally letting his eyes travel to her direction. “We’re all excited to hear the finishing product.”

“Well I meant going home.”

“Oh, right,” he said pulling his eyes from her. “Yeah, I suppose so.”

“You suppose so?”

He shrugged his shoulders again. “Well I miss my friends and family but,” he said stopping to lick his lips out of nervousness. “I’m going to miss you more.”

“John-“

“It’s true.”

She rolled her eyes. “I thought we were going to-“

“Yeah, yeah whatever,” he said with a sigh. “I know we promised not to do this.”

“I made you promise.”

John just shrugged his shoulders. “I leave tomorrow.”

“I know you do.”

“I should be getting home soon,” he said with a sigh. “I have a flight early in the morning,” he said as Liliana nodded her head but neither of them moved from their spot.

“One last sunrise?” he heard her whisper ever so softly.

He looked over at her in surprise but nodded his head. Both eyes set their eyes forward looking out at the sun. John felt his hand being picked up from hers as their finger intertwined together. He felt the Goosebumps rise on his skin as his heart beat faster. He sighed as he stared straight at the sun. He closed his eyes softly before his eyes trailed over to where Liliana was sitting. When he saw her green eyes staring back, he couldn’t fight the sad smile.

“I’m going to miss you John.”

John nodded his head before reaching over and placing a soft kiss on her lips. “I’ll miss you more,” he said breathlessly against her lips.

“Hurry before you miss it.”

John pulled away from her beautiful face before his eyes focused on the beautiful sunrise ahead. They could feel the warmth from the sun hugging their bodies as the arrangement of blissful colors filled covered their tanned skin. And suddenly it was over, the sun was out. The warm sun blaring down on both bodies sitting there with their fingers knotted together with the same solemn look on their face. Liliana was the first to let go. She stood from the ground wiping away the dirt covering her floral ass. John followed right after not caring about the dirt. He stood there towering over her small body. He didn’t have any words and neither did she. She gave him a smile trying her best to tell him that she was okay, when on in the inside she was dying.

“So this is goodbye.”

He nodded his head softly shoving his hands deep into his pockets. “I guess so.”

Liliana took a step forward and John mistaken her sudden movement for a hug but instead he got her small dainty hand placed out in front of her. John stared down at her hand before nodding his head a bit awkwardly and taking her hand in his. She smiled up at him and with a wink she walked away.

“Liliana,” he called out after her.

She turned around with a smile on her face. “Yes?”

“I’ll see you later.”

She just chuckled before nodding her head. “See you later John.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Do you think this is really goodbye?