Status: indefinite hiatus

Skipping Stone.

that you're better off.

“I need you all on your top game,” her shrieking voice chimed into the small room. “No more excuses, I need everything done.”

Everyone nodded their head at full attention, all except Parker. Her eyes were focused on the clicking top above. Her body was slouched over as she tapped the pen against her lips. She felt another yawn coming up, this was all too boring. Her hazel eyes finally looked away from the clock taking a look around the small room. All eyes on the woman standing ahead, her hands on her hips as her red lips moved. She let out a chuckle at how everyone around her was watching the woman, giving her their full attention in hops that she would notice them. All these people were her competition, competition for a job that was equivalent to her dream job. But Parker was never an ass kisser, she didn’t enjoy the taste. Instead she just worked her ass off hoping that her talent would land her the job and not her ability to get someone’s coffee.

“And Parker,” her voice shot through.

Parker’s hazel eyes looked away from the clock to meet his stare, those deep blue eyes staring in her direction.

“Yes?”

“You did an immaculate job on the spread, darling.”

Parker bowed her head softly as a smile raised to her lips. “Thank you.”

“Well I guess that is all we have here for today, you’re dismissed.”

She didn’t think twice to jump up from her seat, grabbing her things together. She dodged all the dirty looks and whispers. She couldn’t help but to chuckle at the whispers going around but she didn’t have time to care. The sound of her heals clicking against the tile as she rushed out of the building. Pushing the golden doors open and practically going in a full speed run to her car. She started the engine as quickly as she could as the loud music blasted through the speakers. When a push of the gas she was out of the parking lot, trying her best to go as fast as she could all while trying to fix her sprayed out hair. The sound of her phone just made her frustration grow.

“Hello,” she spoke gripping the wheel and she wheeled in and out of traffic.

“My love,” she heard his soft voice only making her roll her eyes with a soft chuckle.

“What do you want Jace, I’m a bit busy.”

“Tonight, we’re going to the pub.”

“I’m going to need a drink after this, but hey baby girl,” she said only to hear a giggle on the other end. “I need to go, I’m proper late and these blokes are already going to fire me.”

“Well alright, have a wonderful day.”

“You as well,” she said with a laugh before chucking her phone off to the passenger seat.

She pulled up to the warehouse and automatically pulled the car in park. She jumped out of the car with her Vans in hand. She rushed to the lock the door as she ran to the door in her heels. She pulled the door open in a frantic daze and as soon as she did all eyes were on her. She suddenly felt very nervous and especially in the outfit she was wearing.

“Hi,” she spoke with a heel in hand trying her best to balance herself up.

“Parker,” she heard someone speak.

Her eyes looked up to see Adam making his way to her. She gave him a sweet smile as she pulled off another heel from her hand leaving her in just her tights.

“Sorry, I’m late,” she spoke as Adam ushered her past the table. “I was at work,” she said as he nodded his head.

“It’s quite alright love, it’s not like we set an exact time.”

She nodded her head with a smile. His large hand placed on her back as they stopped in front of the small group just sitting there with food spread across the table.

“Lads, this is our new designer Parker.”

Parker gave them a wave as they just stared at her with a smile. She felt awkward and the gawking guys didn’t help much. Suddenly they all erupted in cheers of hellos as they threw their hands up. She gave them another awkward grin before turning to Adam. His wide eyes expressing something through body language to the guys but when he noticed her hazel eyes on him he let out a soft cough.

“Come on love, Josh is in here already working on some things.”

She nodded her head softly as he pulled her into the small office. Parker walked through the cold floor in just her stockings as she held both pairs of shoes in hand. When the two walked through the small office, Josh didn’t even dare to look up. Parker grinned to herself as she watched his face of concentration. The gray beanie on his head letting his messes of hair fall out from it. She watched as he licked his lips and ran his fingers through the scruff on his face. He was a good looking bloke. When he finally looked up, he let his blue eyes taking in the girl’s appearance. He let out a chuckle before pulling out the chair beside him. Parker felt a bit nervous, but she pulled the chair as she took a seat.

“Sorry,” she spoke putting her heels on the ground. “Did I disrupt you?”

He just shook his head as Adam walked out of the office leaving the two. “Not exactly,” he spoke with a chuckle as he looked the girl up and down. “This isn’t the sort of gig that you have to dress up, love.”

She rolled her eyes with a laugh as she slipped her feet into her vans. “I just came from my other job,” she explained pulling the chains over her head. “And we sort of need to dress like we know a little about fashion,” she spoke with a chuckle as she pulled her blazer from her body showing off her colorful tattoos.

“Sort of dress the part.”

“Exactly,” she said with a grin. “So what are you working on?”

Josh grinned in her direction as he pushed off the sheet with a small sketch. She looked down with a grin before looking up at him.

“This is quite good,” she said with a chuckle. “Did you do this yourself?”

“One and only,” he spoke gripping at his shirt.

She nodded her head before looking down. “Is this a unisex shirt or?”

“I was planning on making it a girl’s.”

She nodded her head as she peered down at the shirt. “May I?”

“Go on ahead.”

She gave him a wide smile before reaching out and grabbing the nearest pencil. “With girls, the sleeves have to be a bit short,” she said as she erased a bit. “And it would be cute if the shirt was a bit of a v-cut. Not as deep but a small one, to show off the water balloons,” she said pointing to her chest with a chuckle.

“Water balloons?” he asked with a laugh as she nodded her head.

She nodded her head with a bright grin. “Guys love looking at girl’s chests and girls like flaunting them, if they have them of course. Why not please both sexes?”

Josh nodded his head with a roar of soft chuckles. He shook his head with a chuckle as he looked down at his paper. She watched as he looked down at his paper, she grinned to herself as she began to erase and pin point the sketch. The sounds of Set Your Goals began to play in the background and she looked up at Josh and saw his lips moving to the words as he happily drew. She only smiled in response before she found herself singing along to the music.

“You’re a fan?”

“A big fan,” she spoke with a smile. “I love those boys.”

“They’re great guys, have you met them?”

She nodded her head softly as she looked up into his eyes. “My ex-boyfriend’s band toured with them for a few.”

She watched as Josh’s eyebrows knitted together in confusion. “Who’s your ex-boyfriend?”

“I think you know him,” she said with a sigh. “Will Taylor,” she said as Josh’s eye lit up and he suddenly let out a laugh.

“You dated that bloke?!”

She covered her face with a look of embarrassment. “Oh come off,” she said with a roll of her eyes. “It was the mustache, okay?”

“You like to ride the handle bars?”

Parker looked over at him and watched as he suddenly regretted his words, but Parker just laughed in response.

“Trust me, I wasn’t riding his handle bars,” she said with a laugh. “Though he did try, many times,” she said sticking her tongue out in disgust.

“How old are you?”

“19,” she spoke as he narrowed his eyes in her direction.

“And you dated Will; he probably looked like a proper pedophile.”

“Well you know dating young girls in the music scene is a must,” she said before turning to Josh. “I’m sure you dated your share fair of young girls.”

Josh let out a laugh as he shook his head. “I could say with all honesty that I haven’t,” he said before looking at the girl. “Wait, so you know I’m in a band?”

Parker nodded her head with a laugh. “Well it’s only obvious; it’s plastered across your website. Do you really think I’d come and work for some random company without knowing their background?”

“Well yeah.”

“I’m well hurt Joshua,” she said with a mock expression as she placed her hand on her chest. “Besides this bloke on our first date took me to one of your shows, a while back,” she said as Josh’s head perched up. “Needless to say, he didn’t get a chance to ride this.”

Josh nearly choked on his breath, she watched his eyes widen at her crude sense of humor. “He was that bad.”

“It was the band.”

She watched as he let out another loud chuckle as he shook his head. “They’re a terrible band,” he announced as Parker nodded her head in agreement. “And that singer, he’s a proper twat.”

“I’ve heard,” she said with a nod. “I heard he likes the fellas, if you know what I mean.”

“He likes the dick.”

“In or around mouth,” she countered as they both let out a laugh.

Josh returned with a look of disgust as he rolled his eyes. “Bleh, that’s quite enough.”

“Are you homophobic Josh, because I’m such your fan base is filled with homosexuality.”

“Of sod off,” he said with a chuckle. “I think you’re going to fit in just perfectly here.”

“On the count of three, name your favorite dinosaur. Don't even think about it. Just name it. Ready? One, two, three,” she said as Josh’s eye lit up.

“Velociraptor,” they both said in unison.

“Favorite non-pornographic magazine to masturbate to?” he asked only making the girl chuckle even more.

“Good housekeeping!”

“If you were a chick, who's the one guy you'd sleep with?” she asked still going with the joke.

“John Stamos!”

“Did we just become best friends?”

“Yup!” she yelled out as Josh let out a roar of laughter.

“Do you wanna do karate in the garage?”

“Yup!” he yelled out.

The two looked at each other before letting out loud cheers of laughter. “No one understands my love for Will Ferrell.”

“If you start to quote Anchorman I think I’m going to marry you.”

Parker looked over in his direction with raised eyebrows. “Is that a threat?”

“You can take it however you want.”

“Take me to Pleasure Town.”

“Oh we’re going there.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Parker's Outfit.

These are the building up chapters. I think Parker is adorable, she that girl I wish I could be! And her and Josh are adorable together. Though right now it's just a lot of friendship type of shit, but I've heard that best friends always make the best boyfriend's (;

I love you all so very much, especially my favorites!

Dear Insanity
bringmesyn
Snapback-Princess
sunset child
shootingmoons
nevershoutnever91
erika_xtc
ahoyylaneyy;
ally...
soonerorlater
lovelyhope
MYP
hachie


Come on guys, let's get these comments up! There are so many of your commenting and reading. Feedback would be amazing! (: