Status: Active

This Is How I'll Remember You

Prologue

“Are you sure about this, Pumpkin?” She sighed and glanced to her father.

Scarlet walked over to him and hugged him, “I’m sure, Dad.” She pulled back and looked at him, his face aged but still handsome, his green eyes they exact same shade as her own.

“Well, get going then. Be sure to keep in touch, okay?”

“I promise, don’t worry.” She hugged him one last time, before turning and walking towards the gate, passing her ticket and passport over. She turned and waved one last time to everybody who had come to see her off.

One the second leg of the trip, she pulled out the picture and smiled as she held in her hands, a present from her friend as a reminder of her. She laughed to herself at the fuss everyone had made when she left, the don’t-forget-me looks she saw when she closed her eyes. One summer, three months and she’d be back with them

She placed the photo back in her book and closed it shut and placed it on her lap. Scarlett looked out at the landscape before her that came closer with each second. The sunshine lighting up her skin as it poured through the window. She smiled and closed her eyes; this was going to be her summer, She thought.

The warm tarmac was beneath the wheels and her blues eyes stared at the airport terminal. “Ladies and Gentlemen, we have arrived at Los Angeles International where the local time is 10:34. Travel safe to your next location and good morning.”

She grabbed her bag and followed after the crowd of people. She reached the top of the stairs and smiled, throwing her sunglasses on her eyes and her bag over her shoulder. She placed her foot on the first step, “This is it.” She whispered to herself.
♠ ♠ ♠
Not all this short, just a small chapter :)
Tell me what you think and whether you want me to carry it on :) I love the plan already so, I'm sure you will too :D The comment button isn't too far you can reach it.

~Hannah.