The Inbetween

Three

She stayed in the booth for a while longer than she planned, occasionally glancing at Nathan from her seat. But after about ten minutes she could stand it no longer and stood up to leave. She was silent as the grave, but it would’ve made no difference anyway. Someone opened the door just as she slipped out, making it even easier for her.

She quickly crossed the street, her mind racing. Why was he there? She planned to just wander aimlessly again, like she done most days, but she was brought out of her thoughts as she heard a familiar voice shouting, “Tom c’mon!”

She gasped for the second time in twenty minutes and looked across the road to find Siva Kaneswaran, Max George, and Jay McGuiness pulling a tired looking Tom Parker out of a car and making their way into the same café she’d just left. She took a moment to just look at them from across the street. They hadn’t noticed her, obviously, but she missed them terribly. After her moment of looking, she tried to think of what they’d be doing today, other than confusing the Hell out of her, like they’d done so far. Then it hit her; where did they always go on September seventeenth?

A spark of inspiration hit her, and determination was set in her green eyes. There was something she had to let Nathan know, and today was the perfect day to do it.

~


The car ride was silent; so silent, actually, that Tom took it upon himself to put in a CD at a low volume. The city of London changed around Nathan but he hardly noticed. He had his mind set on her. Soon enough, Siva’s car pulled to a stop outside the iron gates and he took a deep breath. The four of them got out of the car, slamming their doors closed and making their way through the gates together.

In silence they turned to the left and kept walking for another five minutes before they slowed and glanced around. Nathan was the only one who didn’t slow down; he knew exactly where he was going. He only slowed when he was right in front of her.

Holly Anne Sykes
16 February 1993 – 17 September 2007
♠ ♠ ♠
OoOoOoOoOoOoH, there you go! Sorry it's so short! The next one is definitely longer, I promise :) Thoughts? Theories? Comments? :D