Status: Comment<3

Little Bit of Truth

The Question

Eliza rushed out of the venue for her lungs were constricting. The air in that tiny café was far too stifling for her. Why would Noah go and pull such a stunt? Why would he announce something as stupid as his love for her? His stupid acoustic guitar, the ludicrous melody that spread a sense of serenity through her, his lyrics that spread warmth to every pore in her body and his beautiful voice that Eliza would not mind hearing for the rest of her life, these were all things that made her hate Noah. Why did he have to be so … so Noah-like?

What he had done today was the kind of thing that in Eliza’s mind was a problem; and Eliza dealt with problems in a fashion true to Eliza Marie Barnes. At the moment, she was furiously tapping away at her cell phone, searching flights, buses and trains; anything that would take her away from foggy London town.

“Lie, what are you doing out here in the pouring rain?” asked the very voice that Eliza was running from.

"Well, if you must know, I'm trying to find the next train to Glasgow."

"Eliza." Noah said in a stern voice.

"Don't you Eliza me, Noah! This problem would not exist if it weren't for you. I was beginning to enjoy London. I've stayed here for what … four months? And I was finally thinking I could put my life in order somewhere and then..."

"Four and a half." He muttered, interrupting the seething brunette.

"What did you say?" Eliza asked.

"I said four and a half months." He started, taking a step towards her with every word. "You've been in London for four and a half months. You and I met each other four months and one week ago. You hated me and I hated you. I realized I liked you two months ago at my mother’s dinner party. I realized I may be in love with you after your brother's wedding, which was two weeks ago. I ..."

"Stop. Just stop!" Eliza said, her voice shaking as she slowly backed away from the green-eyed boy. She kept moving back and Noah kept moving toward her and soon her back hit a red telephone booth. What a cliché setting, a girl and boy leaning against a red telephone booth in London while rain poured from the heavens.

“Lie, all I want to know is, what is it? Why are you running?”

“Noah, I would love to tell you. But even I cannot answer that question.” Eliza answered in a shaky voice.
♠ ♠ ♠
I took Stumble into the Sun's advice. I added a prologue. Tell me what you think of it. is it better this way?
-Marie