Status: Comment<3

Little Bit of Truth

The Unnecessary Scare-tactics

Monday was Eliza’s first day off since the day she started her job. She worked seven days a week, eight hours a day. Whereas most people would relish in the comfort of their plush beds on their days off, Eliza awoke earlier than usual thanks to a phone call from a certain green-eyed individual ringing her at six o’ clock in the morning.

“Noah, there better have been an apocalypse overnight because there is no other reason you should be waking me up at such a god awful hour.”

“Rise and shine sweetheart. I’m picking you up at seven so you better be ready. The city awaits us.”

“More sleep is what awaits me.” Eliza muttered.

“Eliza.” Noah said in a stern voice indicating he had heard her through the phone.

“Noah.” Eliza said in a sleepy voice.

“I’m coming at seven and do us both a favor and wear something comfortable; nothing like those death traps you call heels. Your feet will bleed by the end of the day.”

“But Noah, how will I look cute if I can’t wear heels?” Eliza wined like a child.

“Goodbye Eliza, you have an hour.” And with that Noah hung up. Eliza muttered a few choice words as she left the comfort of her bed.

At a quarter to seven, Eliza stood dressed as she searched for comfortable shoes. Although she did not find heels painful on a day-to-day basis, Eliza knew an entire day of walking would take its toll on her feet. Deciding on a pair of sandals, Eliza pushed her hair from her face and lay down on her sofa. However, she was unable to rest for there was a knock at her door.

“You’re five minutes early.” Eliza said as she opened the door to a smiling Noah.

“Well, we’re burning daylight. Let’s get going.”

“You could’ve used those five minutes to brush that unruly head of hair of yours.” Eliza said referring to his hair that stood at attention in various directions. “Where are we going?”

“My hair is better than anyone’s. This bonnet of amazing makes babies happy and girls instantly wet.”

“Where are we going?” Eliza asked in hopes of forgetting the words that had just left Noah’s cocky mouth as her mouth formed a grimace.

“I think some breakfast would be a good idea and some coffee, judging by your grumpy attitude.”

“Are we walking to the breakfast place?” Eliza asked.

“Yes, we’ll be walking all day today.”

“You’re going to make me hate London.” Eliza said.

“Do you like pancakes?” Noah asked ignoring Eliza’s statement.

“At the moment, the only thing I’d like is some coffee.”

“I know a place that makes the best pancakes. And coffee.” Noah added after seeing the look on Eliza’s face.

Noah had noticed the difference in height between him and Eliza before but it caught him off-guard seeing her in shoes that didn’t add any form of a height.

“How tall are you?” He asked.

“5’3”, you?”

“6’3”, I’m an entire foot taller than you!”

“Alright, let’s not make fun of the short people. Keep walking oaf.”

“I’m no oaf, you’re just super short.”

“Oh shut your trap Noah.”

Breakfast was spent marveling over the quality of the pancakes and odd questions on both their parts.

“So Noah, what is it that you do? Do you have a job?”

“Actually, I do. I’m a musician.”

“That’s not a real job!”

“It is too. I get paid for my gigs and they’re quite often because I’m so good.”

“You’ll have to play for me sometime so I can decide for myself. I can’t take your word for it, now can I?” Eliza said as she took a sip of her black, sugar-free coffee. “Do you live with your parents? I see you there often but you’re twenty-one, come on.”

“No, I live with my mates on the opposite side of town. When Luke and I told Mum that we wanted to move out, she made one condition, we would come for dinner every Sunday. That’s good enough for me.”

The questions continued between the two of them until the bill arrived which led to a fifteen minute argument between the two on who would pay what until it was decided that they would split it.

“Where to now?” Eliza asked.

“Westminster Abbey.”

“Oh my, I do feel like a proper tourist. Where’s my camera and “I <3 London” t-shirt?”

“We can get you one if you want.” Noah answered in a serious tone before the two of them burst into laughter.

Following Westminster Abbey, the pair crossed the Thames River and took a ride on the London Eye. When they reached the very top, Eliza whispered to Noah

“I forgot to tell you, I’m terrified of heights.”

“You should have told me. We wouldn’t have gone on this if I had known.”

“No, it’s quite alright. You promised me the proper London experience so what’s that without a ride on the London Eye?” Eliza said as she tried to think of anything other than the fact that they were four hundred and forty-three feet above the city of London. Noah reached for Eliza’s hand and gave her a light squeeze.

When the pair reached the bottom of the Ferris wheel, Eliza rushed off.

“Is there any other terrifying experience planned?” She asked jokingly.

“Well, there is one more thing….”

~~~~///~~~~


“You have got to be kidding me! That’s like a bloody haunted house. I refuse to go in there.” Eliza said referring to the Tower Bridge Experience that the pair was walking towards.

“Come on love, I’ll protect you.” Noah said as he smiled.

“What are you smiling at? And if you’re the one offering protection, I will definitely not go in.”

“You said bloody. Look who’s finally fitting in.” Noah said.

The Tower Bridge Experience involved a history lesson and then a lesson in scare-tactics. Eliza tried to put on a brave face but objects being thrown into her face at odd times were enough to make her jump and cling to Noah.

“I’m starting to think you’re doing this just so I can hold onto you.” Eliza said as the pair left Tower Bridge and headed to their next destination.

“Yes Eliza, that is exactly what I want, you screaming in my ear and cutting off the circulation in my arm. I really enjoy that.” Noah said sarcastically hoping to hide the tiny blush that was forming on his face. Although it was true that he had no intentions of scaring Eliza, he did enjoy having her so close to him.

Their next destination turned out to be the Globe Theatre, the very place where Shakespeare had staged many of his plays. Eliza did not have the heart to tell Noah that she did not enjoy Shakespeare in the least. He had made such an effort and spent so much time planning this day and putting him down would be unkind.

This affirmation made Eliza trip over her own feet. As she assured Noah that she was alright, she thought over her situation. She was Eliza Marie, the girl who rarely spared the emotions of others. Why should she care about Noah and whether or not she hurt him?

Although, Eliza refused to admit it, Noah Evansson was becoming a friend and London was becoming more and more enigmatic. Not only was she enjoying herself, but she was also making friends. Eliza smiled, despite their constant need to be at one another’s throats, Noah wasn’t so bad.
♠ ♠ ♠
*Revised Reread please, I've added and taken away so please skim through once more if you have time.
Eliza's outfit
Yes, I quoted Oli Sykes, if anyone can tell me where, they get a prize, no lie.
Next chapter will be up soon.
Tell me what you think.
Marie