Status: Comment<3

Little Bit of Truth

The Partial Truth

Eliza’s face hurt, her sides ached and her feet screamed in protest. She had smiled too much, laughed too hard and walked too long today. However, she could not deny it, she was enjoying herself. Noah was quite the tour guide. He had made the two of them take a bus that drove them past all the main attractions as a bored man spoke in a nasally voice, pointing out all of the landmarks.

“And to your right you will see Big Ben. For all you fat Americans, no, that is not the name of a greasy hamburger.” The man said monotonously.

Eliza stifled a giggle as she turned to Noah. “Big Ben isn’t the name of an English burger? I’m so upset; I’ve been deluded my entire life!”

Noah laughed at the American girl as she pouted. She was far too cute, especially when the two of them were speaking in a civil manner.

“Do you know we’ve been out for eight hours?” Eliza asked Noah as they left the Wellington Arch and Noah guided them to Hyde Park.

“What, are you keeping time for how long you’ve got to stay with me?”

“Well, then I’ll be keeping time for two weeks.” Eliza said. “I was only saying that because I just checked my phone. It’s three! Time flies when you don’t know where you’re going, huh Noah?”

“I do so know where we’re going. I’m taking you to Hyde Park so we can have a late lunch.”

“Oh, is that why we went in the direction opposite of where the sign pointed right?”

“I’ve taken you around all day haven’t I? Have some faith in me love.”

“What is it with you English folk and adding odd pet names to everything, love, bird, doll.”

“I’m sure you Americans aren’t any better.” Noah said in a playful manner.

“No, we’re worse, we’re fat and lazy, remember?”

The two of them laughed for the thousandth time that day. Eliza was sure she had not laughed so much in quite a long period of time. Things were never like this with Nicholas. He was always serious, well as serious as a twenty-three year old bar owner could be. He treated Eliza as the shiny toy he managed to snag and then got bored with. Noah was nothing like that. He made Eliza laugh and made her furrow her eyebrows with frustration all within a five minute period of time. Why she was comparing Noah to her ex-boyfriend she knew not, all she knew was she liked Noah and his company. The Evanssons were exactly what Eliza needed in her life.

As Eliza bit into a sandwich, Noah asked her the question she knew was bound to come into their conversation.

“Why did you come to London?”

“Do you want the real reason?”

“Well, I wouldn’t have asked if I wanted a lie. I could have made up my own lie. Maybe you’re an axe murderer on the run.”

“Really?” Eliza asked in disbelief.

“Yea, that’s not possible, you’re too small to carry an axe, let alone swing it.”

“Noah.” Eliza said.

“Alright, I’ll be serious. Why’d you leave the States?”

“I got bored. I can’t stay in one place too long. Pine Creek is a small town, I don’t do small towns.”

“You came to a new country because you were bored? Why do I not believe you?”

“Because I don’t know the real reason myself. I still don’t, sitting here in Hyde Park with you after almost two months in this place, know why I came to London. I … I’m lost.” Eliza said in defeat. “Maybe there weren’t any more places in the United States for me to run to.” She said with a bitter tone in her voice.

“Run?”

“I haven’t stayed in one place for more than six months my entire life.”

“That’s quite a lot of moving.” Noah said as he stared at the girl.

“Sure is. I was taught from a young age that moving was alright. My father was in the military so we moved around often. After high school, I took my grandparents inheritance and just traveled. Anytime a problem came up, I did what my parents taught me to do best, move. Whenever things get tough, I just pack my bags and leave. So when I found Nicholas cheating on me, I didn’t wait for an explanation. I just left.”

“Eliza, you’re a lot better than a scummy cheater. Although, I ought to thank him, he cheated on you and brought you to London, and me.” He said with a cheeky smile.

“Stop being a corny ball of sap. What’s next on the agenda?”

“The Thames River Cruise.”

“Cruise? My my, you sure know how to treat a girl, Mr. Evansson.”

~~~~////~~~~


Eliza stood at the rail of the boat as she felt the insides of her stomach churn.

“Noah.” She moaned.

“Do you get seasick easily?” Noah asked as he rubbed circles on her back.

Eliza nodded her head as she leaned into Noah. “It seems I’ve been able to bring all your problems out today. You’re scared of heights, I manage to get you suspended about four hundred feet in the air. You don’t like scary tours, I take you to the Tower Bridge Experience. You get seasick easily and I take you on a boat and to top it all off, I brought up your past. You must really hate me and London right now.”

“Noah, you’re rambling. Don’t worry. I had fun.” Eliza said as they touched land for the second time that day.

They walked around London and went to various places until eleven at night when the two realized it was late. Noah stood at Eliza’s door with his tired eyes barely open.

“Come in.” Eliza said.

Noah raised his eyebrows. “I thought it would take at least six shots of vodka for you to invite me into your flat.”

“Let’s not get carried away. I invited you into my home, not my bed.”

“You will one day.” Noah said as he sat down on the sofa.

Eliza went into her room to put away her bag and came back to a passed out Noah on her couch. He looked quite adorable with his hair still standing up and mouth slightly open. He almost managed to look innocent. Eliza lifted his feet onto the couch and covered him with a blanket before turning off the light. She went to bed with a smile on her face. Today had been good fun.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here is part 2! Hope you like it. Someone please comment and let me know you're still reading.
New story! Another one, I know Tiny White Lies
I quoted What A Girl Wants. Anyone know where?
LISTEN British bands are so much better than American ones, in my opinion, even though I'm American.
Don't be a silent reader.
Marie