Status: Comment<3

Little Bit of Truth

The Nightmare

Nightmares had plagued Eliza for the past six years. Often times, she resorted to sleeping medication. It was the reason she often let her eyes droop at work and why she was convinced she was an insomniac. In truth, Eliza would rather stay awake for the rest of her life pretending to not remember than to close her eyes and have the truth come crashing in like a wave.

Her nightmares were the reason she chose to live alone regardless of where she moved. She would rather not have roommates deal with her loud screams and constant need to move around at night. Well, that was one reason. The other reason she did not have roommates was her inability to deal with people.

Eliza’s nightmare was what Noah woke to. He heard a scream that was bloodcurdling and jolted from the sofa. The red illuminated numbers on the digital clock informed Noah that it was 2:14. He went into Eliza’s bedroom only to find a small body wrapped in sheets tossing and turning while whimpering. Noah was not sure on what to do so he did what any person with little logic would do. He got a bottle of water from the kitchen and poured it over Eliza.

Eliza awoke to an ice cold sensation coming over. She looked up to see Noah holding an empty water bottle and was logical enough to put two and two together.

“You idiot! What is wrong with you?”

“You were having a nightmare of some sort. I was trying to wake you.”

“And a simple nudge wouldn’t have been enough?”

“I wasn’t thinking. I was worried.”

“Well obviously you weren’t thinking! You’re Noah, I don’t think you’re even capable of thinking.”

“I was only trying to help, Eliza.”

“Help yourself out of my sight. I can’t even sleep on this bed now, it’s all wet thanks to somebody.”

“What was that nightmare you were having?”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“Really, tossing and turning and whimpering are just nothing.”

“I think you heard something. I wasn’t having a nightmare.”

Eliza stood from her bed and headed to the kitchen to have a drink of water. She had been so stupid for letting Noah sleep on her couch. He would not leave her alone until she told him something, anything. Why did she choose to be friends with someone as persistent as herself?

Noah shook his head before walking back to the sofa. She was having a nightmare, he knew that for a fact. He would just have to wait until she was ready to tell him.

Eliza walked out of the kitchen to see Noah wide-eyed, his hair still sticking up at odd ends. He tapped the empty space next to him, as if gesturing her to come sit next to him. Eliza raised an eyebrow and Noah said “Come on love, stop being difficult. Take a seat.”

Eliza walked over to Noah and unceremoniously plopped herself down onto the sofa.

“Don’t tell me what the nightmare was about. I want to know, are you alright? You seemed a bit shaken up.”

“It was a nightmare. I wasn’t held at gunpoint.” Eliza said sarcastically.

“I was just making sure.”

“Yea yea, of course you are.”

“So, do you always scream in such a high pitched voice or was it just this one time?” Noah said with a smirk.

“I’ll have you know I do not scream like that!”

“Good to know, wouldn’t want you waking my flatmates when we’re in bed.” Noah said with a wink.

“Noah!” Eliza said as though she were disgusted.

The two of them spent the remainder of their night on the sofa talking of the oddest things.

“Is there any place in the world that you want to go to? Well, a place you haven’t already been to?”

“I’ve only been to places in the States. London is actually the first place I’ve been to that counts as a different country. I’ve always wanted to go to St. Petersburg.”

“In Russia?”

“No, I mean the place in Florida. Of course I mean the one in Russia.”

“Hmm, where do you see yourself in ten years?”

“Ah, the cliché question. I see myself running as usual.”

“You’re bound to stop running at some point in life, Lie.”

“I dunno, it’s been working for the past few years. I’m going to keep at it. What about yourself?”

“Uh… I’d like to think that I’d have my life figured out. Maybe be in a proper relationship, with a proper job and economic stability.”

“My my, look at you with those big words! I never took you for the kind of guy who would want a proper relationship.”

“Why not?”

“You’re too unruly.”

“Unruly? And how would I go about getting rid of my unruliness?”

“Well for one,” Eliza said as she reached her hand to his head to smooth out his hair “You could do something about this hair of yours.”

Eliza’s hand stayed in Noah’s hair for a moment before she quickly pulled back.

“What did you want to do with your life when you were younger?” Eliza asked in an attempt to continue the conversation.

The two of them fell asleep on Eliza’s couch somewhere along the course of their conversation. Eliza woke the next morning curled next to Noah. She would deal with the awkwardness later, at the moment she chose to relish in the heat that came from Noah. Someday, Eliza would tell him about her nightmares and someday she would tell him about Louis.
♠ ♠ ♠
I've fixed it. i added to the end, read it if you wish. Comment and send me love lol jk well maybe not about the commenting part
Marie