Status: Comment<3

Little Bit of Truth

The Shift

Eliza and Noah were in a debacle. Noah liked Eliza and thought it was quite obvious that he liked her. For goodness sake, he was even nice to her. Long gone were the rude comments and attempts to push her buttons.

However, the same infatuation was unknown on Eliza’s part. In Eliza’s mind, the last thing she sought was a relationship and it was most definitely the last thing she could handle. Nicholas had been enough of a relationship to last Eliza a lifetime. In her eyes, Noah was the friend she had never really been able to acquire. He was an idiot and intellectual at the right times. When she needed to laugh, he was there. When she needed to vent about work, he was there. He was always there. Perhaps, that was why she never thanked life. She took him for granted. Between him and Ivy, Eliza was secretly glad she had ruined Rose’s cake and she was positively ecstatic that she had chosen to move London.

At the moment, Noah, Ivy and Eliza were to meet up at a pub that Noah claimed brewed the best lager on the entire British island. Eliza was no stranger to alcohol having dated a man who owned a bar despite the age restriction on alcohol consumption in the States. She was a lightweight which was no surprise judging by her petite body. However, regardless of how quickly Eliza got drunk, she drank.

Noah had picked up Eliza from her flat and they had met up with Ivy at a pub called Gibson’s. Noah’s jaw had fallen to the floor when he had first seen Eliza. To say she looked nice would be the understatement of the century. When Eliza stepped out of Noah’s car, Ivy’s jaw dropped. The little American bird was fit, they had all acknowledged that. However, pair that with a dress that short and one would have a serious case of “Jaws on the Floor”, as did Noah. The girl looked proper fit tonight; a smoke alarm would have gone off from her being so hot so Ivy chose to say exactly that.

“Can someone call the fire department because we have a little fire going on over here?” She said as Eliza walked over to the blonde.

“Quite right you are, you take away any more fabric from that skirt of yours and we could make it the belt of my dress. It’s alright though, you’re hot. I’d tap that.” Eliza shot back at Ivy.

The pair burst into giggles as Noah merely stood there, awkwardly, as he heard his sister say things he truly wished he had never heard.

“Well, come on, you silly lot. Let’s head inside.” Noah said.

“Let’s. Tom’s here, Eliza, you’ll love him.”

“Tom? Is this the Tom that you have not stopped mentioning for the past week?”

“Perhaps.” Ivy said growing quite shy all of a sudden.

“So you chose tonight to look like a streetwalker? Now Tom’s going to think you’re some painted maple he can shoot and score in the matter of one night.” Eliza said with the most serious face she could muster. Ivy’s smile quickly fell and the girl looked crestfallen.

“I was only pulling your leg. You look amazing. If Tom does not jump your bones tonight, Noah has a better chance with him than you.” Eliza reassured her in fear that she might begin to cry.

“Eliza, I cannot take you seriously sometimes.”

“You should not take me seriously anytime, right Noah?”

“Right, anything Eliza says should not be taken to heart or mind. Actually, tune her out like I do.”

Eliza gave Noah a light shove as she cried “Rude.”

“Alright, let’s stop with the flirting and get on with the drinking.”

“Amen sister.” Noah and Eliza said at the same time, disregarding Ivy’s former statement.

Tom was a tall, tattooed man who looked quite scary if Eliza thought about it. However, when he smiled, which he did quite often, his dimples showed and the scary persona faded and the sweet guy he really was came through. He and Ivy were the complete opposites. She was the proper Barbie with her long blonde hair and proper attire and he was a grungy looking fellow. However, it’s been said before, opposites attract and the two were proof of it. The two were opposites within themselves as well. While Ivy’s attire and looks said one thing, her personality screamed maneater. While Tom seemed to be the scary, lawless metal head, he was a sweetheart. Ivy would eat him alive.

As Eliza finished her fourth shot of vodka, her words began to flow more freely.

“Tom, I hope you know that Ivy came here with the intentions of getting lucky tonight. She likes you, which is American for she fancies you.” Eliza said with a dramatic wink.

“Lie.” Noah said sternly partly to stop her from making stupid statements and partly because he did not want to know what would happen with Ivy and Tom by the end of the night.

“What Noah? I’m just stating the obvious. I mean, obviously the two of them like each other, so what’s stopping them from a little beepity boppity boop?”

“Did you just refer to sex as beepity boppity boop? Eliza, you are gone.” Noah said trying to reason with the girl while Tom and Ivy looked down at their drinks, too embarrassed and shy to look at one another.

“I am not. I am right here.” Eliza answered defiantly.

“Lie.” Noah repeated.

Suddenly, Eliza’s eyes lit up. “Noah, I love this song. Let’s go dance!”

Noah begrudgingly agreed only so he could leave Ivy and Tom alone to gather themselves.

“He fancies her, you know?” Tom said to Ivy as Noah left to the dance floor with the drunken American.

“You reckon?”

“He definitely does. Look at the way he looks at her when they come back.”

The two of them started a conversation that had no regard to them in particular as the other two stood in a mess of sweaty, drunken bodies.

Noah tried to keep in mind that Eliza was drunk as she leaned into him in a manner so close that there was not a molecule of air left in between them. He tried to keep that in mind as Eliza grinded against Noah. He tried to keep it in mind as she kept moving. However, a man could only do so much. Soon his hands found their way around her waist and the two were dancing. They lost themselves to the music and the movement of their own bodies, the interaction between the two igniting a spark that would only burn with more intensity as time passed.

Something that night shifted in Noah and Eliza’s relationship. As their bodies danced together, Noah and Eliza’s thoughts and inhibitions were thrown out of the small window at Gibson’s. Stephen’s wedding would prove to only be the fuel to an already burning fire. As much as Eliza chose to deny it, everyone else knew the two were infatuated with one another. One was too stubborn to let the other know and the other was too jaded to let her counterpart know. So they danced on eggshells around one another and let time and life run their courses.
♠ ♠ ♠
Eliza's outfit
I was thinking of deleting the chapter titled "The Beginning" Tell me what you think.
This is such a crappy chapter. Sorry. I feel like crap. Still vomiting and still sick. It's crap and I wouldn't mind if you said so. However, some things were accomplished.
Ivy and Tom are cute.
Eliza is a funny drunk.
Marie