Status: Comment<3

Little Bit of Truth

The Drunk

Relationships were an oddity, a social enigma. There were those that were high schools sweethearts, the ones who loved one another from the very first moment they laid eyes on one another. There were those that loved to hate one another, the ones who screamed, argued and then made up. There were those that were budding from the roots of innocence, the ones where shy glances and blushes were the only things exchanged. There were the ones who merely lusted, whose wanton desire was the fuel to their passion, their physical passion.

All these relationships confused Eliza. An interaction between two humans could always be classified under some form of a relationship. Friends of friends were acquaintances while familial relations had specific names such as mother, father and brother. If everything involved some sort of a label, some stamp of social approval, some relationship, what were she and Noah? Friends? Something more? Eliza was thoughtful drunk and such thoughts ran through her mind as she watched Ivy and Tom share shy glances and blushes.

She was still dancing, with her back to Noah’s front, when Noah spun her around. She looked up to lock her brown eyes with his vibrant green. Even with the dim lights and the constant bustle of sweaty bodies, his eyes were mesmerizing. Eliza felt herself merely swaying along to the music despite its upbeat tempo. His eyes made her weak and …. They were coming closer with each passing moment? Noah was leaning down and Eliza froze. Surely he would not kiss her now, would he?

His eyes came closer and his lips were a centimeter from her own when he moved them to her ear.

“Lie, you look like you’re about to be ill all over the floor.”

“I will not get “ill”. I am perfectly fine.”

“No you’re not, love. You’re proper pissed.”

“I am not! Watch!” Eliza said being as stubborn as usual. She left Noah in the middle of the myriad of dancing bodies before walking to the bartender and ordering another four shots of vodka. She was downing her second when she felt it, the disturbance in the force. Her stomach was churning and bile was coating her throat.

“Lie.” Noah said.

“Noah, I don’t feel too good.” Eliza moaned.

“Really, you insisted you were fine a few minutes ago.”

“Well I’m obviously not.” Eliza snapped at him knowing full well that he was right.

“Come on, love.” Noah wrapped an arm around Eliza and took her to the washroom. She barely made it to the toilet before she spewed the contents of her stomach into the porcelain bowl. Noah held her hair back and rubbed soothing circles on her back.

“It’s alright love. You’re alright.”

“No I’m not Noah. I’m throwing up God knows what and I’m in a bar in London. I haven’t seen my mother in a year and I haven’t spoken to my father in two. My brother is busy with his own life, I ruined my family and you have the nerve to say I’m alright?”

Noah held his hands up in surrender as he watched drunken Eliza give voice to the sober Eliza’s thoughts.

“I doubt you’ve ruined anything.” He said wanting to know more.

“Oh but I have. My family is in shambles and it’s my fault. Nicholas only cheated on me ‘cause I’m a horrible, selfish bitch. I … I can’t. There’s a reason no one likes me. I ruin everything. I’m the one who should’ve been hit that day.” She screamed as emotional Eliza took over. She was close to tears.

Noah wrapped his arms around the broken girl and held onto her tightly not knowing what it was that she was referring to.

“I like you Eliza, my god I do.” He said trying to reason with the crying girl. “You probably won’t remember this tomorrow morning so I might as well get it out. You feel like proper shit, I get that. But don’t you ever for a second think no one likes you. I like you, a whole lot more than I should. I…” Noah trailed off. He shook his head when he saw her passed out in his arms.

“You’re amazing. I wish you’d remember that.” He said before placing a kiss on her forehead. Noah picked up Eliza like a newly-wed bride carried her to his car and drove back to his flat. He sent Ivy a text letting her know they had left to which she replied

“I’m with Tom, I’ll see you tomorrow.”

His flatmates weren’t home which didn’t surprise him, Lee was probably sleeping with some girl and Liam was visiting his mum in Norwich. He led her into his room and laid her on his semi-made bed.

“Lie, do you want to change? You’re in a dress and heels.” He said giving her a gentle shake.

“I want you to shut your trap. Give me a shirt.” Eliza said with her eyes still closed.

Noah fought the urge to give her a smart remark knowing she was drunk, although, if she were sober, the words would probably have been even harsher. Noah rummaged through his drawers to find her a clean shirt and threw it to Eliza.

“Hey, that wasn’t nice. I didn’t tell you to throw it at me.”

“Lie, it’s a shirt. I doubt it hurt.”

“How would you know? Did you have a shirt thrown to your face? I think not.”

“You’re pissed. Change and go to bed.”

“You’re damn right, I’m pissed. I’m pissed at you. You’re being nice. I don’t like it.”

“Don’t worry, it’ll be gone by tomorrow. I like helping the damsel in distress even if she’s an ungrateful damsel with a slew of curses constantly leaving her mouth.”

“Stop being a twat. Why is your room so cold?”

“Why is your heart so cold?”

“If I had one, I’d let you know why.” Eliza retorted.

Without warning, Eliza took off her dress and stood in a bra and panties as she tried to put on the shirt.

“Noah, I need help. Where does my head go?”

Noah laughed to himself as he helped the half-naked girl in front of him. Noah turned to leave his room and head into Liam’s when Eliza said “Lay with me? It’s cold and I don’t want the nightmares to come back.” To be honest, the best sleep Eliza had had in a while was the one she and Noah shared on her sofa cuddled together.

Noah was losing self-restraint. This girl was so much more difficult to handle drunk than when she was sober. At least she kept her distance when she was sober. Eliza drunk was a mess. He doubted she’d ever share a bed with him if she was not gone beyond belief. Her being so friendly did not help his growing feelings.

He stripped down to his boxers and crawled into bed with Eliza. He lay awake as he listened to her soft breathing. So perhaps she was a bitch on occasions and yes, she had a mouth that made a sailor blush. But she was also the one who managed to make him smile because of her cynical opinions. It was the little things she did that always stuck out to Noah. She would wrinkle her nose when she did not like something. She would twirl a lock of hair when she was nervous and her eyebrows scrunched together when she was angry. She was an independent girl who did not back down to anything.

He wrapped an arm around her waist and pulled her close. Eliza Marie was something else.
♠ ♠ ♠
REREAD PLEASE: I've added and somethings are very important. Like what she screams about her family in the bathroom.
According to Delilah I needed to expand. Oh well, hope this will suffice.
This is sheer beauty
Comment, love, i dunno what else.
Marie