Status: Comment<3

Little Bit of Truth

The Shy Glances

Eliza was not one to wear her heart on her sleeve. She had learned at a young age that doing so would only hurt her in the end. Every move the Barnes family made was enough of a reason for Eliza to keep to herself. Why make friends when she was leaving soon anyways? Following Louis’ death, Eliza locked away the little heart she had left and became a reserved stranger to the rest of the world.

However, Noah was changing Eliza’s outlook on various things, including the method in which she dealt with her emotions. Noah was making her feel things she rarely felt. At brunch, Eliza often caught Noah staring at her and she could do nothing but playfully glare because she was caught doing the same thing. A slight blush constantly found its way onto Eliza’s face.

However, it was her mother that kept her from smiling an actual carefree smile. Lillian kept a sharp eye on Eliza the entire time. Lillian could not help but replay Noah’s words in her own mind. Eliza had nightmares? She was haunted by her own past? Somehow, hearing these words from the mouth of a near stranger called to Lillian in a way those of her own family’s words could not. However, Lillian was Eliza’s mother so breaking her resolve would take a long time, if that was even possible.

“Don’t look now but your boyfriend has his eyes glued to you.” Amber whispered in Eliza’s ear.

Eliza turned to Amber and gave her a questioning look.

“Don’t give me that look. You haven’t been too discrete about staring at him either.” Amber said.

“Amber, I have no idea what you’re talking about.”

“Oh, sweetheart, don’t act like you don’t know what I’m talking about. You’re practically raping each other with your eyes. Although, it’s not rape if you’re more than willing.”

“Amber!” Eliza said in shock. Who knew Amber was such a loud mouth?

“He’s quite the good-looking guy, Eliza and that accent! He is swoon-worthy.”

“Easy there, sweetheart. You’re marrying my brother not Noah.”

“Oh, jealous?”

“Yes, Amber. I’m jealous.” Eliza said sarcastically.

“Eliza, I wanted to apologize for yesterday. I had no intention of taking your tiara. Lillian just caught me off guard.”

“Amber, it’s not your fault. My mother just loves getting me upset. You were just a pawn in that.”

“Eliza, Stephen told me about Louis. I want you to know that you’re not at fault. It…”

Eliza cut Amber off before she could continue.

“You need not bring up the past. I would rather you don’t, actually.”

Neither could continue because Noah materialized from thin air and was at Eliza’s side.

“Lie, I want you to see something.”

As Noah and Eliza walked away to wherever Noah planned to take them he said

“You looked uncomfortable. I just wanted to help you. I did say I’d be at your side constantly, didn’t I?”

“Noah.” Eliza said looking up at him.

“Yes, Eliza?”

“Thank you.” She was thankful for Noah. He was her saving grace.

“Not a problem, love. You can repay me in bed tonight.” He said with a smirk and a suggestive wink.

“Or not.” Eliza said as she playfully shoved Noah to the side. “Did you have anything to actually show me or were you just saying that to get me away from Amber?”

“Honestly, no. I’m afraid breathtaking views are your forte.” He said referring to the lighthouse.

Eliza smiled. “But, you are quite the tour guide.” She reminded him.

“Yes, I managed to outright scare you and get you ill all over the place.”

“Oh, pish posh, it was a good tour.”

“Did you just say pish posh?” Noah said eyeing her.

“I believe I did. Is there a problem?”

“You certainly have a tendency to say odd things.” He said with a laugh.

“Tendency?”

“Right, you were proper pissed that night. You told Tom and Ivy to go beepity boppity boop at the pub.”

“Oh, you are lying!” She said.

“No, I am not. It was quite funny.”

Eliza hid her face in embarrassment. “I am an idiot.”

“That you are, love. At least you’re a cute idiot.”

Eliza looked up at Noah and smiled. “Did you just call me cute?”

“Well, I am the honest one and you are honestly, beautiful. Meanwhile, I call you Lie. That should be enough of a hint.”

Eliza blushed a crimson red at Noah’s words. He had said she was beautiful. She knew she was decent-looking, nothing hideous. However, hearing Noah tell her she was beautiful was something else.

“Oh, look at that. I’ve made you blush.” Noah said teasingly.

The two of them were now standing far away from the rest of the crowd. They were lost in their own world, one that involved pretending to not like each other while continuously flirting with one another.

“You know, Noah. I know you and Stephen are friends now, but I hope he doesn’t trust you with the wedding cake.”

“He can do whatever he wants as long as a crazy American on her phone doesn’t shove into me.”

“What a riot, you are Noah.”

“I’m a one-man riot, Lie.”

Eliza and Noah could flirt and pretend all they wanted, but life has a way of being painfully realistic and not at all optimistic. There would be a moment where the two would face their demons and only after that aftermath would they be at peace. However, one could only wonder when that moment, the moment of truth, would arrive. Until then, the two would just remain aloof and oblivious.
♠ ♠ ♠
I lost 10 subs, oh goodness, what am I gonna do?
Marie