Status: Comment<3

Little Bit of Truth

The Logic and The Emotion

Amber and Stephen were married on a Saturday. The sun was shining and the birds were chirping. If there were any day to schedule a wedding it would be today. Noah was convinced it was Lillian’s doing. She probably scared Mother Nature into making today’s weather extra special.

Eliza was set to be a bridesmaid for Amber. She had been surprised when Amber had initially asked her; however, she had complied nonetheless. Stephen asked Noah to be the one who walked down the aisle with Eliza. Lillian had been furious but Stephen was resilient. He wanted Eliza and Noah to walk down the aisle at his wedding and that was the end of it.

Noah had tried to ignore how he felt for Eliza because he was sure the last thing she needed was a relationship. Eliza tried to ignore her feelings for Noah because she was sure the last thing she needed was a relationship. However, it was difficult to ignore the butterflies in Eliza’s stomach when she would awaken to find Noah’s arms wrapped around her waist. It was hard to ignore his feelings when every time Noah saw Eliza, he felt an odd feeling wash over him as he would gaze at her in wonder and admiration.

The wedding began and Eliza and Noah walked down the aisle. The décor was beautiful. White roses were everywhere and the gold and white theme matched Eliza’s own bridesmaid’s dress. Next to her, Noah stood in a tuxedo with his hair, for once, gelled back. The two looked at one another and then looked straight ahead. Noah thought Eliza looked beautiful. Eliza thought Noah looked quite good. It was taking everything for them to not jump each other’s bones.

“I, Amber Rose Jameson, promise to love you….”

Eliza could not help but roll her eyes slightly as the vows began. All these promises of love and faithfulness would only last so long. Her mother was proof that love did not exist. People like Nicholas were proof that infidelity was commonplace. Noah caught Eliza’s eye and then Eliza wondered. Well, what about him. What about his family? His family obviously loved one another. Perhaps, it was only Eliza’s life that was void of love.

“You may now kiss the bride.” The priest said and suddenly Eliza was pulled out of her reverie. Amber and Stephen were married.

It was during the reception when the action took place. Eliza quickly removed her heels, put on a pair of flats and headed to the dance floor. She danced for what seemed like hours. With Amber’s brother, with her own father, her brother, a distant uncle and even herself. However, when the sun had set and the party was running late and Noah tapped her shoulder and asked for a dance, Eliza was suddenly hesitant. However, Noah did not leave room for her to consider anything. He grabbed her hand and as the music slowed down, he placed a hand in hers and one on her back.

“Why would you roll your eyes during your own brother’s wedding?”

“I found the vows cheesy and cliché.”

“Ahh, I knew it had something to do with your cynicism.”

“Noah?” She asked as their bodies began to merely sway to the music.

“Yes, Lie?”

“Stop talking.”

“Alright.”

“Noah?”

“Yes?”

“Stop trying to grab my ass.” She said before grabbing his hand and placing it in a more appropriate place.

“Lie, you’re no fun. Can I at least get a kiss?”

“No. Stop talking. You’ve had too many glasses of champagne and I’m tired.”

The two stood there, swaying to the music.

“Let’s go somewhere else. I can feel mother’s friends’ eyes on me. I’m going to be the topic of gossip tomorrow morning during brunch.”

Noah followed Eliza as she took his hand and led him somewhere. Quite soon, they were standing on the edge of a cliff, the lighthouse behind them and the dark waters below them.

“Are you planning on pushing me off? I mean, I’m sorry for… I dunno what but I’m sorry.”

“Oh, don’t get your knickers in a twist. I like the water and mother and her friends are such a nuisance.”

“Lie, you just used an English saying.”

“We already discussed this. It doesn’t matter if I become a tad English.”

The two of them were standing there, with their backs to society, facing the vast nothingness of the ocean.

“Noah? Have you ever wondered what it’d be like to just disappear?”

“No, can’t say I have. Why?”

“Sometimes, I think. What if I moved away from one place but never went to another. Would anyone wonder where I went? Probably not. I’m not one to be missed. What if I could just disappear?”

“Well, that would be no fun, if you disappeared that is.”

“Why not?”

“Cause, I would miss you. I would wonder where you went. I would miss your hair that smells like strawberries and I would miss your smile that rarely shows but when it does, it lights up the whole room. I would miss the way you wrinkle your nose when something doesn’t suit your fancy. I would miss you.”

Eliza looked up at Noah to find him staring down at her, his gaze unwavering, his face leaning down. Eliza knew what was about to happen and, quite honestly, she wanted the same thing to happen for she got onto the tips of toes and leaned towards Noah.

When their lips met, it was as if the cosmos were finally aligned, as if fireworks went off inside Eliza. Noah’s lips touched Eliza’s soft ones and the kiss was a light one, a mere peck. However, their feelings took over because it transformed to rough and unyielding. His lips were pressed to hers; his hands were cupping her face as Eliza’s ran a hand through his hair. Their lips moved in sync. Noah kissed Eliza as if it were he was a dying man and this was the last thing he’d ever do. Eliza held onto Noah, kissing back with just as much fervor, if not more. The two pulled away only when oxygen was necessary.

“I got the kiss I asked for.” Noah said with a smile.

Eliza was sure her lips were swollen and her hair was a mess but she merely smiled at Noah and brought him over for another kiss.

That night, the two of them fell asleep with very different notions running through their minds. Noah was happy. He had kissed Eliza. He had kissed the girl he had wished to kiss since the dinner with Helen’s family. Eliza was not happy. What she had done had just gone against everything she ever believed. She had even gone as far as initiating the second kiss. The second kiss made Eliza blush. It had been far less innocent than the first one. She had given Nicholas a chance and she had only found him cheating on him.

“But Noah would never do that.” A small voice inside her head said.

“How can I know he’s not like every other person I’ve known?”

“He’s still here, isn’t he? And he cares.”
Argued the small voice.

Noah was not aware of the battle occurring inside Eliza’s head. He merely wrapped an arm around her, brought her close, kissed her temple and fell asleep. Noah Evansson was content. He had kissed the girl he liked. Eliza Marie Barnes was far from content. She was battling her own emotions. Logic and emotions were at war and Eliza was not sure who would win.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lost chapter.
Marie