Status: Active

The Roof

Prologue

Vanessa sat on the roof of her parent’s house and just reflected on the past few years. She was a senior now, and life had gotten so hectic. She hardly ever had any alone time, time to just sit and think. She thought about all the friends she had made in high school, and all the ones she lost. It saddened her to think about relationships she had with her friends and how down hill they had all gone. She went from having plenty of friends to having hardly any at all.

Vanessa just existed. Half of the time she didn’t feel like a real person. Like her body was just a shell of a human being. No substance. These thoughts would tear her down. Her depression was beginning to worsen as the years passed.

In Freshman year, Vanessa thought depression was for the emo kids who wore their ugly make up and listened to Black Veil Brides.

In Sophomore year, she thought everyone was sad, but people with depression were just over reacting.

In Junior year, she saw depression eat away at her friend Tyler.

In Senior year, she saw depression take Tyler away from her forever. She became depressed with all of her thoughts and how lowly she thought of her self.

The roof was her favorite spot. She used to have sleep overs with her girls and occasionally bring secret boys up. The roof held so many memories for Vanessa. The roof was were she fell in love.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry it is so short.