Diary of an Emo Boy

04

Brie, like most kids in our town had a large house it kind of comes with the territory of living in such a well-off town. Only Brie's house was different it was made of brick and stone and looked like an italian villa. However this was just the outside of Brie's house once we got inside she showed me around a bit the basement was impressive it had a fully stocked mini bar belonging to her father, a red velvet pool table a T.V full kitchen and hottub all in her basement. Kevin's house was just as large, but it lacked the uniqueness of Brie's house there were lots of hidden rooms and most impressivly Brie's room. "we can hang out in my room " Brie said i was a bit hesitant would brie's mother be mad brie described her as kind of an angry person. would she approve of having one of brie's friends a boy that her mother had never met in her daughter's bedroom? "um is this ok with your mom" i stammered. "yeah totally" said brie nonchalontly leading me up the stairs. my heart was racing i wasn't prepared for this. My bedroom at home was a bit plain Brie's room on the other hand was anything, but plain. It was a large room painted lavander with little black stars painted on some of the walls. i couldn't help,but wonder if she had painted them their herself. The theme of the room was intersting it seemed to be half princess themed and half goth themed. i loved it. to contribute to the princess theme of the room Brie even had a split level with a spiral stair case leading up to a loft. On the main Level of the room she even had a sliding door that lead to Brie's very own little concrete balcony. Brie immediatly insisted we han out in her loft. She pulled on my hand and lead me up the stairs. my heart skipped a beat. Brie had held my hand. her loft was small,but cozy it had a turquoise bean bag chair a white lamp with beads hanging from it, a black velvet bean bag, and a large black tree painted on a large portion of the wall. I sat down on the turquoise cusion and brie plopped down on the black one. There was a little shelf behind me with a collection of crayons and an array of coloring books. "do you like to color" asked Brie in a somewhat singsong voice. "sure" i replied nervously. Brie insisted on using the My Little Pony coloring book, but she said i could have any one of the others. I selected the dinosaur one. i opened to the first page and began coloring the pteradactyl on the page a shade of violet when brie said we should play a game. "sure" i said i was beginning to relax a bit more. "ok " said Brie with a smile. "what game do you have in mind i asked" "hmm" she said "we could play would you rather" "or the truth game "." what's the truth game" i asked she explained the rules to me she said that the way the game worked was that one person asked the other a question and the only rule was you had to answer truthfully the way you lost was if the other person asked you a question you did not want to answer. On a whim i agreed. "ok do you wanna go first or should I" asked Brie. i let her go first. "what's your favorite color." asked brie "red and you can do better than that i laughed." "your turn " said Brie. i thought about this and decided to start out easy. "What's your favorite animal " i asked Brie. she answered with cats. Then the game got a little harder.