Sequel: Lost In Stereo
Status: Complete!! Check out the sequel! =D ----->

Nothing Personal

Chapter Three

The first thing Alex realized when he woke up was the screaming headache. The second was that someone was lying next to him mumbling something. Dear God, what had happened last night? All he could remember was meeting Jack, Rian, and Zack at the bar along with a few other people. And also the first two drinks he had, then, nothing.

Besides the fact that he couldn’t remember anything. Who was next to him? And where the hell was he? Was he in his apartment or did he pass out at one of the guys places? Or did he hook up with a girl last night and ended up at her place?

He figured the only way he was able to answer any of these questions was to actually open his eyes and find out for himself. Daring to take the risk, he allowed his eyes to open a little and then quickly shut them when the sun nearly blinded him and made his head scream more. He moved slightly and the person next to him groaned in response.

When he finally was able to open his eyes, he glanced down to see a passed out Jack lying on the couch next to him with his head resting on Alex’s shoulder. He pushed him off of him and his friend just flopped back to down as Alex got up and stretched.

*Hmm so then if this equals that then how the hell does do you get five out of this? Ugh, I hate this so much, I curse the person whoever created this vile subject.* Zooey was muttering as Alex made his way to the bathroom to grab some aspirin from the medicine cabinet.

*Zooey, you’re so looooud,* Alex whined as he tossed back the pills followed by water.

*It’s not my fault. I wasn’t the one who went out drinking last night and then passed out drunk snuggling with my best friend. Now shut up or help me with this math problem I’m working on.* He splashed some water on his face as he made a face at his reflection on the mirror realizing how hung-over he looked.

*I chose silence,* Alex muttered in reply as he heard Zooey snort in response.

“Aleeeeeeeeeeex,” Jack called from the living room. “Make me some pancakes.”

“Make them yourself,”

“No,”

*Go ask Penny to help you, I’ve got to go make sure Jack doesn’t burn down my kitchen like last time.*

*Go babysit Jack. You know you could make up a babysitting service. I would hire you to take care of Do for me.*

*Haha you’re so funny,* he replied dryly as he walked back to the living room but didn’t find Jack there. A bang came from the kitchen and he turned to see his best friend beginning to rummage through the fridge for something. *Go finish you’re math.*

*I hate you,*

*I love you too,* he walked into the kitchen and took the things from Jack before walking past him. “Grab me a pan and then pancake mix.”

“Ok!” While Jack was busy rummaging around for the things he asked for, Alex began to make the mix and listen to the noise of Jack’s banging things around and Zooey’s muttering as she continued to try to solve the problem she was working on.

“What ever happened with that girl last night?” Jack asked after he had found the things Alex requested.

It took a moment for Alex to realize what he was talking about before remembering the blonde girl who had been all over him the night before at the bar they had been at.

He shrugged, “nothing happened. She was too drunk to remember much besides her name, what’s the point?”

“You’re tastes have change lately. A few months ago she was exactly your type of girl, unnatural blond, little dress, and breathing.”

“Haha, you’re hilarious.” He said dryly as he checked the pan to make sure it was getting hot and poured the batter onto it watching it as it spread out into a perfect round circle.

“We’ll it’s true, you just won’t admit it.”

“How many pancakes do you want?” Alex asked as he glanced behind him to meet Jack’s eye. He caught the look on Jack’s face not being so easily fooled by the subject change but didn’t push the conversation anymore. So he just let the subject drop for the time being and replied to his question and went to reading the paper.

Since they both were still hung-over, they ended up watching a movie after they ate since they really didn’t have anything better to do. Zo was in school so she usually didn’t talk much during it unless she got really bored with a class. So all he could do was watch the movie he wasn’t even paying attention to and listen to Zooey’s constant babble.

*Manage me, I’m a wreck. Turn the page I’m a book half unread. I wanna be laughed at, laughed with just because. I wanna feel weightless ‘cause that should be enough…*

Oh dear God, she was singing one of their songs. But the upside was that when he checked the clock, he realized that she was done with school. Thank God. Jack was asleep again and there was nothing to do. These were some of the days he hated most. The one’s he had nothing to do. They weren’t scheduled for a tour for a few more weeks and so all he could do was twiddle his thumbs at home until they had to start preparing for tour.

*Oh God, Zo, since when do you like them?* Alex muttered as she laughed.

He had never told her that he was in All Time Low and from what she could tell, she didn’t know. It’s not that he wanted to keep secrets from her; he just didn’t want their whole friendship to change because he was in a famous band and she always thought of herself as a ‘dinky girl in a small town that no one can pronounce’.

But she was so much more. She was a smart, funny, and witty; while also being sensitive, sweet, and full of advice when needed. She was his closest friend, well besides Jack, and always came to her when he was angry or needed to talk to someone.

*Who doesn’t like them?* She replied as he groaned again.

He had thought he had known her taste of music but this was his worst nightmare. Not that he didn’t want her listening to their music; just that he didn’t want her to turn into a fangirl. If she did, then if or when –since it was bound to happen sooner or later, he was just hoping for the latter –it might turn out disastrous.

*I promise you I’m not a fangirl,* she continued. *They’re good, but I’m not going to go and try and stalk them or anything whenever they come to town. Honestly, they seem kind of stuck up to me.*

Alex couldn’t help but laugh at that. He had to admit, it was true. Sometimes they could be perceived as full of themselves. But what could you do. The media was going to sell whatever they could to get more money for themselves. It was just the way of life in the music business.

*Anyway, how was school?*

*How’s your head?*

Alex laughed, *I asked first.*

*Ugh you would want to bring up the one subject I don’t want to talk about wouldn’t you?* She grumbled. *It was a nightmare. Penny decided to continue the conversation from a few days ago about going to the dance with someone, and I got asked out, again.*

*Who asked you out this time?*

She sighed, *if I tell you, I don’t want to hear one word from you. Promise?* She didn’t continue until he promised with a chuckle before she gave a pause. *Jesse Grey,*

*Isn’t he a freshmen?*

*Yes,*

*And isn’t that your overly ambitious admirers younger brother?*

*Yes,*

Pause.

*Bahahaha! That is so great! A freshman and your stalkers younger brother! I can only imagine what Jack must think! Oh this is just too good.*

*You promised you wouldn’t say anything!* She whined as he continued to laugh.

*I’m sorry Zo, but that is just too good! I can’t believe this! Even when I was in high school it wasn’t this good.*

*Can we change the subject please?*

They did, and they ended up talking until Jack woke up and started to whine wanting more food. Zooey had homework so they both went about doing their own things while commenting here and there for the rest of the night before Zooey went to bed since she had school again the next day.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok so I know the ending is kind of crappy and I didn't know how to end it and this is what I came up with. I'm sorry it took so long for me to post this but school and other things have gotten in the way. But I promise to continue and post again soon and probably do another chapter in Alex's pov to catch up with Zooey.

So I hope you guys are liking this so far. Thank you to those who are reading this and a huge thank you to those who have subscribed so far! <3

See you next chapterm =}