Status: Comment Please :)

The Way We Were

Vices

Image


The night was beyond amazing. Not only did everything go off without a hitch, everyone including our a-list guests loved the place. I made new friends and even danced with the beautiful nobodies. I met Nik's new friend Marilyn Manson, though I already knew who he was, we were properly introduced; we ended up talking for a good hour about everything, and then the talk of my new record came up and I asked him if he'd consider collaborating with me; he agreed.

The party was still raging up until four in the morning, but we were all so tired we decided to call it a night and shut down the party at four. We were all pretty drunk, so most of us piled into the back of the Rolls Royce and had our driver take us back to my place.

We were all singing "New York, New York" in our slurred and drunken states as we climbed the stairs up to my place. I looked behind and saw Jack taking out his keys about to unlock his door.

"No Jack! We're gonna have some after party drinks." I laughed, walking back past everyone toward him.

"I think I've had my share of drinks." He smiled.

"No, you don't have to drink, we can just sit on the couch and talk, like that other night." I smiled, taking his hand, gently pulling him. "You're one of us now, we stick together."

He hesitated for a moment and then smiled, nodding his head. "Okay." He put his keys back in his pocket and continued holding my hand as I pulled him along up the stairs. My brothers, sister-in-laws, and brother-in-laws and fiancé were all in my apartment already raiding the liquor cabinet.

I pulled Jack into the living room and pushed him onto the couch. After taking off my heels, I sat down next to him and turned on my stereo, playing "Sweet Dreams" by Marilyn Manson. I took the remote and dimmed the lights to the lowest setting.

After everyone got their drinks, we were all on the sectional couch, Caleb was laying down, resting his head on my lap. Daniel smirked as he reached into the inside pocket of his jacket and pulled out a couple of joints.

"Compliments of Daniel." He chuckled, passing one each to Nikolas and I, and keeping one for himself.

"Anyone got a lighter?" I asked, but before anyone could answer Jack took out his and held up the flame to me. I smiled and lit up the joint, releasing a puff of smoke and then passing it to Jack. He smirked and took it from me, taking a drag. He moved closer to me and tilted his head as if he were going to kiss me, but instead blew the smoke against my lips into my mouth.

I started laughing and then coughing. "Guys, this night was amazing." I dropped my head back and closed my eyes.

"Here's to you kid, we did it." Nik laughed, also coughing as he raised his glass.

I just smiled and closed my eyes again, falling asleep. "We did it."
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments Please :)