Status: Comment Please :)

The Way We Were

Material Girl

Image

October Eighteenth

The next day after starting filming at seven am and already wiped out from last night, I was sitting outside of the set on the stoop of stairs leading up to "the Factory", having a cigarette and checking my phone.

I heard the door of the entrance open and footsteps approaching, soon it was Jack that came and sat next to me, lighting up a cigarette of his own. "So how's filming so far?" He asked in his smooth British accent.

I smiled and shrugged my shoulders, "It's good, but I'm awfully tired."

"Well you gotta stop staying up half the night, even though your singing was amazing last night, you need to get some rest, you are an actress after all." He lightly laughed, after inhaling his cigarette.

I looked at him with a shocked expression, "You heard me last night?"

"Of course, I live just below you."He chuckled.

I froze, "Did you hear...other things?" I thought about that night with Caleb.

He raised his brow and smirked. I freaked out and covered my face, "Oh no! You did?!"

He started laughing as he flicked off the growing ashes from his cigarette, "No, it's just that your music was loud enough for me to hear you. I assure you I hear nothing else."

I gave a sigh of relief and rested my head on his shoulder, I started to laugh, "Good! I'm sorry if I kept you up last night then, it's just, last night was amazing! I'm writing again, I invited over Marilyn and Brian, and it was so...it was so poetic, so fluent, just how I was singing and writing and everything was working. We already recorded four songs."

He smiled and placed his hand on my knee, "I'm happy for you. I can't wait to hear them now."

I sat up and took one last drag before flicking out the filter onto the sidewalk. "Well, we better get back in. They can't make the movie without the main star and her sidekick." I laughed, standing up, taking Jack's hand and pulling him up, soon leading him into the building.

We were finishing up the last couple of scenes where Edie still had her long brown hair, right now we were in the middle of filming the scene where Andy is showing her the factory and he's in the middle of filming one of his infamous films; and in the scene, the horse gets scared and begins freaking out, George basically told me to go in and handle the situation as Edie would.

The camera was rolling as I rushed into the scene and placed my hands on the horse, shushing it and calming it down in a gentle tone. Then George called cut.

The frustrating thing about this film is that it had so many cuts and was taken in many short scenes, even though it was good when it came to being chronological order, the several takes and getting back into character was difficult. I was already feeling the negative effects of my stopping of taking my medication.

"I love that take, we'll keep it." George smiled. "Let's do the next scene everybody. When Andy interviews Edie. Audrey, come over here." He waved me over.

I loved working with Guy, he was always so supportive and encouraging when we did scenes together. In this scene I told of my past, my brother Minty, my family, and my time regarding my stay at Silver Hill rehab. I realized how much I had in common with the real Edie, and it scared me.

We spent hours working on these scenes before we moved into the next room that was converted into Edie's apartment. The scenes where I had long brown hair were almost finished and George was now getting on my case about cutting my hair.

I sighed, "Tell me when you want me to do it, and I will."

"Well, tonight would be ideal. I'd like to start the scenes of Edie's transformation." He replied.

I closed my eyes for a moment and gave another sigh, "Alright, I'll do it."

"Perfect. Now you all have an two hour lunch break, be back at 3 alright? Audrey, we have one last scene for you to do in the brown wig and it's a nude scene. So be prepared." George announced.

"Ooh, can't wait." Jack chuckled, walking up to us.

I laughed and shook my head and punched Jack's arm, "You're not allowed to be on set then."

"Well, c'mon, let's go grab some lunch, we're all going." He smiled.

"Can't, I gotta go get an oil change, my brother-in-law has been nagging me for weeks." I chuckled.

"Awe, well can I bring you something back then?" He asked.

"Fine." I smiled, I leaned in and kissed him on the cheek. "Gotta go." I grinned. I took off the wig and tossed it to the hairstylist and unzipped my dress, nowadays it was typical of me to randomly change my clothes in front of everyone. I tossed the dress to the costume designer and put on my own clothes; jeans and a Pink Floyd shirt.

I quickly left the set and drove to Mauro's auto shop. I saw him facing the table, away from me, so as I liked to fool around with him, I tore into the shop and scared him. I burst out laughing as he began swearing holding his chest. I opened my door and stepped out, still laughing.

"I need an oil change fool." I grinned.

"Well there was no need to burst into my shop like that." He laughed, wiping his hands with the cloth. "Pop the hood, you psycho."

I laughed and reached into the car, opening the hood for him. "I couldn't bear going another week of your constant nagging , so I came in on my lunch break."

"Isn't it a little late? It's already one." He smirked, opening the hood up.

"We're lucky we even had a lunch break, the life of an actress isn't a glamorous one." I grinned, leaning against the table behind him.

"I'm glad you came in, I actually needed to talk to you, well, at least ask something of you." He spoke, working away.

"Yes, what about?"

He stopped and turned around with a slight smile on his face, he began whispering, "Vic and I have been going back and forth to Atlantic City, we've been dealing with some stuff that I'll tell you of later, but it's going good, and I was wondering if we could have a private party at your club, just as a celebration."

"A celebration? So I take this as a good thing going on." I smiled.

He looked down and smiled to himself, "Yeah, it's beyond good. This could change everything and make our lives ten times better." He whispered.

I smiled, "I would be honoured to throw you a party. It'll be so private that not even the press will find out."

He smiled and hugged me, "Thank you." He whispered in my ear.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tell me what you think, leave a comment and subscribe :)
-party.poison