Status: Comment Please :)

The Way We Were

Behati

Image

October Twenty-Seventh

The next morning I left the house at about eight while Caleb was still asleep to go and pick up Behati and Jamie at the airport. I waited in the airport and held a pink sign that had Behati's name on it, eagerly awaiting my best friend's arrival. A few paparazzi were there too and they were taking pictures of me as I waited, but right when Behati and I spotted each other we both started screaming and ran to give each other a hug.

"I'm so glad you're here!" I screamed, jumping up and down.

"I know! It's only been like a week, but I've missed you terribly!" She laughed.

"C'mon you two, let's go to the truck." I smiled, hugging Jamie. I took one of Behati's bags and led them outside to where I parked the truck.

After climbing in, with Behati sitting shot gun and Jamie sitting in the back seat, I told them about what Caleb surprised me with.

"So guess what?"

"What?" She grinned.

"Caleb surprised with the house. It's finished! It is so beautiful!" I smiled, starting up the truck and leaving the parking lot.

"No way! That's great!"

"Yeah, it had five bedrooms, so you two will be living in one of them. My brothers and their wives have two rooms, and Jack has the other." I replied as I turned on my ipod to some Spice Girls.

"Oh yeah, Jack! Jamie you're gonna like him, he's British too." Behati laughed.

"What's that supposed to mean? I don't get along with every British person I meet." He laughed.

"And look Jamie! Spice Girls!" I laughed.

"You girls are being so stereotypical." He chuckled, shaking his head.

We just laughed at him and began singing karaoke all the way to the Ranch.

When we arrived, Behati was in awe of the house. "Audrey this is gorgeous!" I parked the truck and we got out, Caleb came out and greeted them, giving Behati a hug and shaking hands with Jamie, helping him with the bags.

"I know! I love it, it's perfect in every way!" I smiled, linking arms with her. "Come, let's go inside, I'll show you around."

I took her for a tour around the house and then took her to her room where she jumped on the bed and buried herself in pillows. I laughed and sat down next to her.

"I have one last place to show you, come!" I smiled, taking her by the hand and pulling her with me. I took her outside to my studio, I unlocked the door and we went in.

"This is so awesome!" She yelled, making me laugh again.

"I know, Caleb is so sweet, he had this made just for me." I grinned, shutting the door and then going over to the couches. "Did you want a drink? There's a mini fridge too."

"Sure, I'll get them." She said, walking over to get us some drinks. "Wow, you've got like every vitamin water flavour here!"

"They're my favourite. And I need to start taking in more vitamins now." I smiled.

"Why?" She laughed, sitting down and handing me one.

I hesitated and set down my drink, I began whispering, "Okay, you can't tell anybody, not even Jamie..."

"What! Tell me!" She whispered, leaning forward.

I took a deep breath and could not stop smiling, "I'm pregnant."

"What!?!" She screamed, starting to laugh. "Oh my gosh, Audrey are you serious?!"

"Of course I am! I don't joke about these sort of things." I laughed. She then tackled me over with a hug.

"Audrey this is amazing! I'm so happy for you!" She began tearing up, wiping her eyes and laughing.

"This was not planned at all, but I'm really excited now. It's scary but exciting." I smiled, pulling my knees up to my chest. "You're like, the first person other than Caleb that I've told."

"Ah! I'm overjoyed! When did you find out?"

"Yesterday! Right before I left the apartment, I realized that I was like, more than a week late. So I bought a test and took it over here." I chuckled, opening the bottle of water and then taking a drink.

"Awe, a little Audrey running around! I can't believe it, I am so happy for you! What about Caleb? What does he think?"

"He's so excited, he's already planning the baby's future and our future. He's so ready to be a dad." I smiled, thinking about Caleb.

She screamed again and hugged me, "I can't even express how happy and excited I am!"

"I know, but you can't tell anyone. We haven't even told our parents." I bit my lip.

"I promise, you know me, I can keep a secret." She grinned.

"Cool. Did you bring a bikini? We can go for a swim in the lake." I asked, grinning.

"Did I bring a bikini? What kind of question is that?" She laughed, "Let's go."

"Alright, just let me go get changed and we'll walk over to Caleb's parents. Everyone's over there anyway." I said as we stood up.

We went into the house and we met up with the guys who were already making themselves at home. I went up to the room to change into my bikini and Caleb followed me. As I was changing in the bathroom, Caleb and I were talking.

"I told Behati." I said.

"About...the thing?" He asked.

"Yeah, I hope your not mad." I bit my lip as I walked out, "She's my best friend, and I made her promise not to tell."

"Yeah that's fine, but when are we gonna tell everyone else?" He asked, wrapping his arms around me and pulling me close.

"I was thinking after the wedding, like maybe during the reception." I smiled, I reached past him to grab my wrap from the bed.

"Really? Yeah that's a great idea."

"Okay, I can't wait! I just wanna scream it to the world, I'm so excited now."

He took my hand and we went downstairs, "The only trouble is is that I gotta quit smoking, and I can't drink either, what about the party? I'm gonna miss out on the weekend's fun." I laughed.

"You can have all the iced tea you want." He chuckled. We met up with Jamie and Behati downstairs, Caleb grabbed two sets of keys for the quads and tossed one of them to Jamie.

"You know how to drive?"

"Uh, well it's probably easy, right?" Jamie chuckled.

"I'll drive!" Behati laughed, taking the keys from him and running out the door.

"Alright then." Jamie laughed.

We went out and took the quads over to the main Followill Ranch where everyone was out on the lawn, basking in the sun on this warm day. When the girls saw that Behati was here, they freaked out and ran over to hug her. I also went and introduced Jamie to Jack, they seemed to get along pretty good. Caleb went and sat in a lawn chair next to Nathan and joined the conversation with everyone else, so I went and sat on the grass next to him.

"C'mon Audrey, let's go for a swim!" Behati laughed, taking me by the hands and pulling me up to my feet.

I hesitated for a moment, knowing that I wasn't showing yet, I was still nervous. But I took a deep breath and took off my wrap, showing off my figure and noticing the conversation quieting down. I tossed the wrap to Caleb with a smirk and turned around and walked with Behati to the dock.

"On the count of three?" She giggled.

"Alright." We held hands. "One, two...three!"

We jumped into the cool water, not expecting it to be that cold. We laughed and swam around, then I had the idea to invite Caleb in.

"Caleb! Come here!" I called, swimming around.

"No." He laughed.

"Please!" Behati and I begged.

He shook his head and sighed, he then stood up and walked over. I laughed and began clapping and cheering, "Take off your shirt!" I joked.

"What do you want?" He chuckled, standing on the edge of the dock.

"Come swimming with us." We laughed.

"No." He smiled.

Behati and I looked at each other and smirked, at that moment we both lunged up and grabbed his hands and pulled him in. He came up coughing and laughing, he splashed us both with water and grabbed me. "That wasn't funny!"

"Yes it was!" I screamed, breaking free from his hold and swimming away with Behati. "I love you!"

"Yeah yeah." He chuckled, climbing out of the water.
♠ ♠ ♠
Don't Be a Silent Reader, Leave a Comment :)