Status: Comment Please :)

The Way We Were

Dreams

Image

October Twenty-Eighth

I had a terrible sleep that night, I woke up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat from a really disturbing dream, a dream that I always have.

I was on the red carpet, though I don't know what it's for, but I'm being photographed by the paparazzi, and then I realize that I'm all alone, and the flashes of the cameras become so overwhelming I begin to run. I push through the crowd and run until I abruptly stop and all of a sudden I'm standing on the edge of a cliff, and as I look down I see that miles and miles down, there's water rushing and crashing against the rocks. I turn to look behind me and see these faceless people; it's like they're watching me. It's really freaky, and the next thing I know, I jump. And I'm falling and it feels like it's never ending even though I see that the end is near, and then when I'm least expecting it, I realize there's jagged rocks at the bottom and I hit them. That's when I wake up.

I fell back asleep and woke up with Caleb around 10am. He smiled and leaned over to kiss my forehead. I smiled back and stretched my arms up and yawned, I then sat up and pulled the duvet up to my chest.

"I wanted to go into town, I think it'd be cool if we got our parents a little gift when we tell them about the baby." I smiled.

"Yeah? What kind of gift?"

"I was thinking of Swarovski Crystal Soothers. We'll get a pink and a blue one and give them to our parents tomorrow."

"I like that idea. Are your parents coming in today?"

"Yeah they said around 2pm." I replied.

"Do you wanna go now? I don't know if we'll have time later, with the rehearsal and all."

"Sure." I tossed the blanket off me and stepped onto the floor. I paused and turned to look at him. "We're getting married tomorrow." I grinned.

"Isn't that crazy? We've waited so long and now it's finally here!" He smiled, getting out of bed.

"Wow." I smiled, thinking about it for a moment. "I can't wait." I walked around the bed into the bathroom and washed my face and brushed my teeth. I noticed a couple bruises, one on my jaw and one by my eye. I shook my head proceeded to throw my hair up into a topknot and pinned all the stray hair back. Soon I heard our bedroom door open and Nik's voice.

"And here we have Audrey and Caleb's bedroom, the soon to be married couple have quite a swanky room."

I made a face and walked out to see Nik walking around with the family's video camera. We've had that thing since forever, it's documented many family memories and many embarrassing moments.

"What are you doing?" I laughed. He turned the camera to me.

"I think we should document every special moment. Like now, you getting ready in the morning." He chuckled.

"Ugh, I don't have any makeup on." I covered my face.

"But this is a special moment, you're getting married tomorrow." He laughed.

"Tomorrow!" Caleb laughed, coming out of the walk-in closet.

I shook my head and went to do my makeup. Nikolas came in and began filming me. "Are you excited?"

"Of course I am!" I laughed, "I'm marrying the love of my life." I looked over at Caleb who was leaning on the door frame.

"And do you plan on having children right away?" Nikolas smirked.

I paused and smiled, I then looked at the camera and laughed. "Oh yeah."

I finished my makeup and checked my face in the mirror, making sure the bruises weren't visible.

"What's the theme of the wedding?" Nik asked.

I ushered him to follow me to the closet, "um, I would call it a rustic, country wedding. Simple and collective with our closest friends and family." I then pushed the camera in the other direction as I changed into floral shorts and red blouse with polka dots. I slipped my Toms on my feet and walked out.

"I'll be taking this." I grinned, taking the camera from Nik.

"Where you going?" He asked.

"We gotta run into town for something." I smiled, turning the camera to face him.

"Alright, see you later then. At the rehearsal!" He smiled, leaving the room.

"Ready?" Caleb asked, looking at the camera.

"Yup." I smiled.

We went downstairs and greeted our guests who were sitting in the kitchen having breakfast. We went outside to Caleb's truck, he started it up and drove off. I began filming him as he was driving.

"So, tomorrow we'll be getting married. What are your thoughts on that?" I laughed.

"I think it's awesome. I've been waiting a long time for this dream to actually become a reality, and tomorrow evening, you will become my wife. And in nine months, you will become the mother of our child."

I smiled at him. I turned off the camera and set it down on the dashboard and sat back, "I think I wanna keep recording everything. Every moment, the good, the bad, the special ones. Especially tomorrow, I want something for a child to watch when they grow up. Just one big home movie, of our love and everything in between."

"Kinda like our Kings of Leon documentary."

"Exactly. When is that finished again, babe?" I asked.

"After the tour, in May. It ends at Coachella."

"That's so cool. Exactly, that's what I want. Sort of a music, movie documentary thing. And maybe it can show the making of my new album too!"

"Yeah, do it babe, if you want it, make it happen." He smiled, holding my hand.

"Cool." I grinned.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment Please :)