Status: Comment Please :)

The Way We Were

All Yours

Image

Giggling, I struggled to turn the camera on on my phone. "Caleb, stop!" I laughed as he had his arms around me, kissing me behind my ear. "C'mon, we still got some time, let's go to the cabin." He whispered.

"Our guests are waiting." I smiled, taking a picture of the marriage license. I began preparing to tweet the picture to Twitter, I was typing a caption and reading it aloud; "You know your wedding is awesome when Jack White, Dave Grohl, and Slash are sitting together watching you. #intimidatingmuch?"

"Here we go." Caleb smiled, I took a deep breath and then posted it. I kissed his cheek then took his hand, "C'mon, let's get to the party."

We walked over to the reception area and made a quiet entrance, taking our seats at the main table while everyone was getting their drink on and having a good time. The caterers were getting our meals ready.

"Oh yeah! We gotta welcome our guests." I laughed.

Caleb started to laughed, "Oh yeah, hey, can someone bring us the microphone?" He called. When they brought it to us, I let him take it away.

"Hey everyone, uh, we just wanna thank you all for joining us this evening. The ceremony went off without a hitch, and we're pretty stoked for tonight's partying. And uh, yeah." He laughed. Our guests started to clap and cheer. I then took the mic, "And for all you Twitter users, I just tweeted that we're married, so you have our permission to tweet about it if you have the inclination to." I giggled and gave the microphone back to Caleb.

"So, enjoy this evening, the bar is open 24 hours and refuses no one," He smiled, "there are complimentary Toms, so ladies if your six-inch heels get the best of you, go on and take a pair. Um, the meal will be served shortly and uh...yeah. Thank you."

I laughed at him. He gave the mic back to the waiter. Our guests would come and greet us and congratulate us with hugs, the photographers would make their rounds taking pictures of everyone, and the waiter brought Caleb a glass of champagne and me a glass of sparkling cider. Later when everyones dinner was served, Nathan and Chanel made their speeches. Nathan's was rated R of course and Chanel's was sweet and sentimental, but all in all they were equally special to us.

As a few other speeches were made, I began getting distracted, looking off into space. Eventually my gaze ended down on my hand, looking at the simple white gold wedding band on my finger. I smiled thinking of the inscriptions on the inside of Caleb's and mine. My ring read, "Because You're Mine..." and his read, "I Walk The Line." Caleb then took my hand and was smiling at me softly. He then quietly sang to me, "Because you're mine, I walk the line." I smiled back at him and kissed him softly.

"I wrote a song for you." I whispered.

"Really?"

I nodded, "Yeah, it's sort of a wedding gift to you."

He grinned, "Can you sing it for me?"

"Okay, I'll go to the stage." I softly laughed.

He kissed me before I left. I asked Daniel and Edie to come with me, they helped me write the song and they were gonna play the drums and the electric guitar for me. We went to the small stage and I picked up my acoustic guitar and talked into the mic.

"Hi everyone. Um, I just told Caleb that I wrote him a song, which I did. And he asked that I'd perform it for him, so I am." I laughed and then cleared my throat. "Caleb, if my heart could sing, this is what it'd say. I love you with all of my being, and I can't wait to spend forever with you."

He smiled back and mouthed, "I love you."

I turned to Daniel who was on the guitar and Edie who was on the drums and counted off for the three of us. It was a short intro before I began singing:

"Other lives, always tempted to trade
Will they hate me for all the choices I've made
Will they stop when they see me again?
I can't stop now I know who I am

Now I'm all yours, I'm not afraid
And you're all mine, say what they may
And all your love I'll take to the grave
And all my life starts now

Tear me down they can't take you out of my thoughts
Under every scar there's a battle I've lost
Will they stop when they see us again?
I can't stop now I know who I am

Now I'm all yours, I'm not afraid
And you're all mine, say what they may
And all your love I'll take to the grave
And all my life starts

I'm all yours, I'm not afraid
And you're all mine, say what they may
And all your love I'll take to a grave
And all my life starts starts now."

Our guests including Caleb began clapping including Caleb, I smiled and made one more comment into the mic. "Everything in the song is true. I'm all yours Caleb. I love you." I blushed and put the guitar down and hugged Edie and Daniel and thanked them for helping me. Afterwards, I made my way back to our table and sat next to my husband.

"That was the sweetest thing Audrey. Thank you." He smiled, kissing my hand.

Later on after dinner was finishing up, our guests were conversing more and drinks were being ordered more frequently. Our first dance was coming up, so I excused myself to go freshen up my makeup. Edie and Chanel came with me back to the house. We were giggling as we made our way up the stairs to my room.

I sat down as they fixed up my hair and my makeup, I picked up my phone from the table and checked to see if anyone called. I had a few missed calls and many missed texts. I laughed as I read a few aloud to the girls from friends who weren't able to come. I went through the texts and stopped at one. Recognizing the number, a number I had deleted not long ago.

"Sorry for the way things ended...but congratulations anyway. I hope you two are happy."

Immediately there was a frantic knocking at the door, "Audrey, you're gonna be late for your first dance!" Daniel called.

Quickly I tossed the phone on the table and stood up, "How do I look?" I asked the girls.

"Beautiful, now go! Don't be late!" Chanel laughed, pushing me out the door. I almost fell down the stairs because of my heels, so I took them off and ran down and outside back to the party. Panting, I made it back before Nathan announced our first dance.

Caleb laughed as I put my shoes back on. He took my hand as Nathan introduced us.

"Ladies and gentlemen, Caleb and Audrey Followill will now be having their first dance as husband and wife. Let's give 'em a round of applause."

Caleb took my hand and led us onto the dance floor as the lights dimmed and our song began. We chose to dance to "Dancin' Away With My Heart" by Lady Antebellum. He wrapped his arms around my waist as mine were hugging his shoulders. We swayed in rhythm to the song, softly singing the words to each other. I rested my head on his shoulder and softly sang.

Every once in a while he'd twirl me around and fool around, but when we slow danced, he held close like he never wanted to let me go. I never wanted to let him go either. But soon the song had ended, and he kissed me again. I blushed as everyone was "oohing" at us.

Later after the mother-son dance, I had danced with Nikki for the father-daughter dance; we had no idea what song to dance to, there wasn't many "step-father/step-daughter dances" so we just picked a good ole mo-town song. We danced to "I've Got Sunshine" by The Temptations. We didn't take the dance too seriously and mostly fooled around and made up crazy dance moves on the floor. We invited everyone onto the dance floor, and eventually the song changed into something more dance-y and everyone was really getting into it.

I danced over to Caleb and tried to coax him into a dance. He took my hands and pulled me into a kiss and then whispered in my ear. "Let's go have some fun."

I grinned, "What did you have in mind?"

He raised an eyebrow. "The cabin across the lake is ready for us."

I bit my lip, "I like the sounds of that."

Along with the small guest house on the Followill Ranch, there was the cabin across the lake. He took my hand and we quietly slipped away from the party. When we were out of view, I asked him to wait as I kicked off my shoes. Holding hands we then ran through the darkness toward the dock.

He got into the boat first and then took my hand to help me in. When I took a seat on some blankets, he smirked and took out a lighter from his pocket to light up the small lantern on the front of the boat. He removed his jacket and took the oars and began rowing the boat. It wasn't far to get to, soon we arrived ashore. He tied off the boat to the dock and got out first, again helping me out.

Quickly we went inside and shut the door and locked it. We started laughing as he leaned against the door and I leaned on the wall across him. We were giving each other the look.

Caleb cleared his throat, "Did you want sparkling cider?" Again we started laughing.

"This would've been a lot more romantic if I could drink champagne." I chuckled.

"That's alright, we can just get to it." He smiled. I smiled back and then walked into the other room and sat on the bed, noticing the red roses and candles everywhere. He tossed his jacket on the chair and proceeded to go around lighting the candles that filled the room. When he finished, he then walked up to me and cupped my face. He paused for a moment and just looked at me with that soft smile. I closed my eyes and felt his soft lips against mine. He kissed me again, this time more passionately, pushing me down onto the bed.

I sighed into his kiss as I felt him push up the bouffant skirt of my gown and run his hands along my legs. I smiled, unbuttoning his shirt and pushing it off his shoulders. His necklace dangled down and lightly brushed against my chest. I ran my fingers through his hair and softly smiled at him, "I'm so happy."

His hands made their way to the back of my dress, slowly unzipping it. He smiled back, "So am I." He left a trail of soft kisses along my collarbone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and Subscribe :)