Status: Comment Please :)

The Way We Were

Alone Time

Image

Awhile later we came back to join the party, we separated as I went off to dance with the guests and he went to have a drink with the others. I got into a dance-off with a drunken Jared and of course, he won and let everyone know, and then I got pulled into a dance with Jack. I hugged him and kissed his cheek, "Thank you Jack for being here."

He lightly laughed as he swayed me, "Thank you for inviting me."

I just smiled.

"Have you checked your Twitter? It's filled with tweets about you and Caleb."

"Oh, no I haven't. I'll check it tomorrow. I'm too scared to check it now." I laughed.

He looked at me with a big smiled and started laughing, "Well, this is amazing, Audrey, your wedding is probably the best wedding I've ever been to."

"Oh, it is. What time is it?"

He looked at his watch and then back up, "It's two minutes to ten."

"Perfect, hold on!" I ran to the stage and grabbed the mic, "Everyone, if I can get your attention." Then there was a loud pop and up in the sky a firework went off. "I always said our relationship was like fireworks. So if I can direct your attention to the North, you will see fireworks!"

I smiled when Caleb came up to me to take my hand, we all ran to the dock and the end of the lawn to see the fireworks going off across the lake. "Time for some shots!" Nikolas yelled, his arm around Jared. I guess they need to be drunk in order to get along. Nik had a bottle of tequila and took a drink from it, passing it to Jared.

Shaking my head at them but still being fascinated by the lights, I sat down in the grass and watched them go off. I heard Caleb's laugh in the distance, I looked for him and saw him running back with the guys toward the bar, turning the music up even louder. Laying down I closed my eyes, listening to the music, hearing the laughs of everyone around me, feeling the cool breeze run along my face. I smiled.

"Is it his?" A whisper shot in my ear. Quickly I opened my eyes and sat up quickly, startled. No one was there, everyone had made their way back to the party. I looked around and heard another whisper.

"Caleb's or Ryan's?"

I quickly turned and noticed my dad sitting next to me. "What do you mean?" I whispered, looking around to make sure no one was around.

"The baby." He replied.

I made a face.

"You didn't tell him that you and Ryan had something while he was gone."

"That's inappropriate, dad." I shook my head.

"Audrey, do you know who's baby it is?" He asked.

I didn't say anything, my heart was pounding within my chest. I just stood up and shook the grass off my dress, walking back to the reception. "Dance with me Caleb." I sighed, sleepily pulling him into a dance and resting my head on his shoulder.

"Is everything alright?" He asked.

"It will be, I'm just tired." I half-smiled. "Just dance with me."

Later in the night I found myself wandering further and further away from the party, alone and feeling different. I looked up at the sky, sometimes stumbling from stepping on my dress. A while back I took off my shoes and left them somewhere. I found a secluded area with a patch of grass just off the side of one of the fields. It was nearly surrounded by trees. I decided to lay down and watch the stars.

I lifted my hand and touched my ring, admiring the diamond. I then started to softly sing, "You Are My Sunshine."

You are my sunshine,
My only sunshine.
You make me happy
When skies are grey.
You'll never know, dear,
How much I love you.
Please don't take my sunshine away.

You told me once, dear
You really loved me
And no one else could come between
But now you've left me
And love another
You have shattered all my dreams...


I started to cry, I covered my face and cried. I lay there crying for a long time until finally I work up the nerve to stop. Wiping away the tears from the eyes, I told myself, "Get up now. Go back to the party." Slowly getting up, I sighed and got to my feet, hearing a small tear realizing that I had ripped the bottom of my dress. I lifted it up, seeing the dirt and grass stains caked on the bottom, along with my dirty feet. I began walking back, slowly and taking my time.

Back at the party when I finally arrived, it seemed like no one noticed. I had asked someone for the time and they told me it was twelve am. I hadn't realized I was gone that long.

I made my rounds greeting everyone once again before I sleepily walked into the tent area and went into one. "Just a nap." I whispered, laying down on a bed. Falling asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Leave a comment :)