Status: Comment Please :)

The Way We Were

Chateau Marmont

Image

Caleb's P.O.V

We were in Los Angeles and had finished the night's show. We had been in the bus parked behind the venue we just played, getting ready for tonight's departure. The guys were in the lounging area at the back of the bus watching t.v, I spent a lot of my time keeping to myself staying in bed, going for walks, drinking, or doing shows.

I was checking my phone that had been off for the day, seeing that I missed a call from Audrey and discovering she had left a message.

"Hi Caleb, it's me...Audrey. I've been trying to call you, I don't know if your phone is off or you just don't have it or something. Um, today was the last day for Fashion Week. The week was pretty good, and now I'm at the after party, but it's kind of boring...I miss you and wish you were here, and I hope to see you soon. Maybe just let me know where you are, and I'll fly over there or something. Maybe when you're in Cali, we can get together...um, just call me when you get the time. I love you."

After listening to it, I sighed and tossed my phone to the side, getting out of bed and going to the back to check out what the guys were doing. I walked in and heard Audrey's name coming from the t.v.

"What're you watching?" I asked, looking at the t.v seeing it was some entertainment tabloid show. I hated these shows with such a passion. I rolled my eyes.

"We're only watching it 'cause Audrey is mentioned in it. Look, watch." Jared tipped his beer bottle toward the screen.

I looked at the screen and watched.

"Audrey Cobain-Followill was scene earlier this night leaving her club The Prohibtion in tears. She pushed past those standing outside of the club and got in the back of her chauffeur driven vehicle. Why was she crying? No one knows why, but attendees of Fashion Weeks grand finale party said that she was acting strangely through out the night.

As if the week was a normal week for her, since she was quiet and stand-offish most of the time, this evening sources say that Audrey was being anti-social, walking back and forth from either sides of the room. She ordered a mojito and went to sit alone on the side, checking her phone repeatedly and soon falling asleep on the sofa.

Her brother Nikolas then took her up to their private booth and she stayed in it for quite some time, alone. Later she was seen taking a shot with her brother and going out onto the dance floor only to embarrass a male model after he attempted to kiss her. Those close by seen her push him back and heard her loudly tell him that she might have been drunk but wasn't stupid, also telling him that she was married.
She stumbled away and ordered a drink from the bar, sitting alone and talking on the phone. When she was about to leave, the room was quiet as they all watched her. She then stormed out of the party.

Whatever's up, Audrey doesn't seem to be getting any better.
"

I had enough, I hit the power button on the t.v and looked at my brothers and cousins with a look of disappointment. "How can you watch this garbage? They're out to ruin her. I don't want any of you watching this. None of it is true."

"We don't believe it Caleb, I just wanted to hear it for myself what Audrey said to that model...I for one believe that to be true. It's sweet." Jared sighed.

I didn't say anything, I just bit my lip and left, going back to my bed. I picked up my phone and started a new text.

"Hey, I'm sorry I missed your call. We're leaving L.A tonight...I'm sorry we have to miss each other."

I put down my phone and closed my eyes, trying to get some sleep so I wouldn't have to think about anything. I knew it was harsh of me to be avoiding her like this, but honestly, I have no clue how to handle things now with her.

Audrey's P.O.V

I slept on the plane all the way to L.A since it was a red eye with no stops, my five and a half hour flight was my only chance to sleep as we arrived in L.A at 6:30am New York time, but in Cali time it was 3:30am. I guess it was a bad idea for me to leave so abruptly, but nevertheless I needed to leave.

Sleepily I took my bags and hailed a cab. I asked the driver to take me to West Hollywood to the famous Chateau Marmont hotel.

I went up to the front desk in the lobby where the employees recognized me almost immediately.

He smiled a toothy grin, "Miss Cobain, how wonderful it is for you to join us." He was oddly cheerful for an excruciatingly early morning.

I half-smiled, clipping my shades onto my shirt. "Thank you, I was wondering if there were any vacancies? Even if it's just a standard room that's fine."

"Nonsense, for you, any of our suites, bungalows, and penthouses will be available." He smiled, getting his fingers ready to type on the computer's keyboard.

I smiled again, "That's very sweet. I think a bungalow would be fine."

"Perfect, would you like a poolside bungalow, garden cottage, or a the hillside bungalow?" He asked as he typed away at the computer.

I thought for a moment, "Poolside would be romantic, even though I'm alone."

"That is a fine choice Miss Cobain. And being alone is all that bad, sometimes we just need time to ourselves." He stared at the screen, his fingers gliding across the board.

I waited for him to finish up. Soon he did and excused himself to the office to fetch the keys and bring them to the desk. He also waved over a bellboy, instructing the young man to take my bags.

"Shall we?" He smiled, walking around the desk.

"Yes." I spoke as I began following him and the boy following me.

The man talked and talked, as if the hour of the morning hadn't bothered him in the slightest. He glorified the hotel and the past guests it's had the honour of hosting. As we arrived at the bungalow on the other side of the building, he unlocked the door and told the bellboy to take in the luggage.

He made his last remarks and said that the late Humphrey Bogart and his wife Lauren Bacall had stayed here.

I had to smile at that, since they were my favourite couple of the 1940s and 50s.

After he and the bellboy left, I didn't even bother changing into pyjamas, I just threw myself down onto the bed and turned on my phone, checking to see if I missed anything.

I received a text from Caleb and frantically fumbled with my phone, trying to get to it as fast as I could. Reading it I sighed from disappointment, placing my phone on the table next to me.

I covered myself with the blankets and closed my eyes, going to sleep with a disappointed heart as usual.

Why do I even bother?
♠ ♠ ♠
Please Comment
and
Subscribe :)