Status: Comment Please :)

The Way We Were

Call Me Maybe

Image

The next day Chris and I woke up at about 1 in the afternoon from Chanel and Edie giggling in the other room. Admittedly we were both hungover, but still in good spirits when we remembered our heated game of beer pong. Which he won.

"Good...morning?" He smiled, yawning afterwards.

"Good afternoon." I smiled back, stretching as I sat up and combed my fingers through my messy hair.

"So I won, right?" He chuckled.

I rolled my eyes and nodded, "Yeah."

He smiled at me and I smiled back. We didn't say anything right away, but that didn't matter. He bit his lip and placed his hand on mine. "Last night was good."

I smiled, "It was."

He was just about to say something but then an obnoxious knocking at my bedroom door and the laughter of the girls interrupted him. "Are you up yet?!"

I closed my eyes and sighed. I began whispering. "Maybe if we keep very quiet they'll go away."

He smiled and then started to laugh and soon the door opened with Edie and Chanel in the doorway. I looked at Chris, "I'm so sorry."

He laughed again and got up from the bed, "Good afternoon ladies." Chris took my hands and pulled me up from the bed.

"I should get going." He smiled.

"Okay, should I call a cab for you? The front desk have their own transportation service." I asked.

"Yeah okay, thanks."

I shooed the girls out of the room as Chris followed me out. I called the front desk and asked for a taxi and watched Chris talking with Chanel and Edie. He then walked over to a desk and took a piece of paper and a pen and wrote something down.

Soon I hung up the phone and joined them again. "The cab will be right here." I told him.

"Alright." He smiled.

"Oh! Audrey, this morning around eleven, Ari's assistant stopped by and dropped off this for you!" Chanel grinned, running to the other room and then coming back as quickly as she had left. She handed me an ivory envelope with gold trim. Without even turning it over I knew what it was and I was ecstatic.

Carefully I opened the envelope with my name on it and pulled out the invitation. I was being invited to the 85th Annual Academy Awards on February 24th and was requested to be a presenter.

"I can't believe it! They want me to be a presenter!" I grinned.

"That's so great, congratulations!" Chris smiled, hugging me.

"That's awesome!" Edie chimed in. The window was open and we could hear the cab pull up in front of my place and a single honk of the horn.

"There's my ride." Chris softly smiled.

"I'll walk you to the door." I lightly laughed, my hand behind my back waving the girls to get lost, which they did.

Chris and I stood at the door. He smiled at me and lightly held my hand. "I hope things work out for you and your husband. But, in the meantime, here." He gave me the folded piece of paper he had written on earlier.

I smiled and opened up the paper to read what was on it. I couldn't help but burst out laughing.

Hey I just met you and this is crazy, but here's my number, so call me maybe followed by his cell number. I looked up at him with a smile and then hugged him. "Thanks, I'll be sure to give you a call. And thanks for last night, I had a lot of fun."

He held me for awhile and just smiled. He said goodbye and then left.

After shutting the door and hearing the cab drive off, I walked into the living room and joined Edie and Chanel who were sitting on the couch watching t.v. They then looked at me with the same look.

"So...how was last night?" Chanel grinned.

I rolled my eyes, "We didn't sleep together if that's what you're thinking. We talked all night and played a fair game of beer pong."

They made a face and looked at each other. "Beer pong?"

"Yes, and he won. I'm gonna go take a shower now." I chuckled, leaving the room and going to take a shower.

Chanel and Edie sat together in the living room casually conversing and watching the television when Chanel's cell phone vibrated from receiving a text. Upon reading it she slowly put down her phone and had a slight smile on her face. Edie looked at her and asked what it read.

Chanel looked at Edie with tears welling up in her eyes. "Daniel just texted me. He's checked himself into rehab. He said he's sorry for everything and that our baby deserves a father that doesn't make excuses to leave every night...and Nikolas is going too."

Edie herself slightly smiled, getting up and leaving the room with her cell calling her estranged husband.
♠ ♠ ♠
Leave a Comment
and
Subscribe Please :)