Say Anything You Want, I'll Turn the Music Up

Chapter 1: Big Time Party Girl

Say Anything You Want, I'll Turn the Music Up ♥ James Diamond{BTR!}

Chapter 1: Big Time Party Girl


You're looking for a boyfriend,
I see that.
Give me time, you know I'm gonna be there.
Don't be scared to come put your trust in me.
Can't you see all I really want to be
Is your boyfriend.
Can't fight that...
-"Boyfriend", Big Time Rush


I was not normally the partying type. Somehow, though, I let my best friend Rain Reynolds convice me to go with her to Boulevard3, an under 21 club in LA this weekend to "boyfriend search", as she liked to call dressing extremely skanky and flirting with every hot guy on sight. Let's just say Rain has a very persuasive personality, and either way, at the point I was at in life I really really wanted a boyfriend. The last time I had one was in like fifth grade; in high school they're more trouble than they're worth. Plus, all the guys at Los Angeles High were not only immature with as much personality as a rock, there were only like two guys I would even consider dating, but then they went and did something jerky again. There were plenty of super hot guys at my church, but, of course, they were all jerks as well. I could never win when it came to boys.

Obviously I did not expect to find a decent guy at a club, but, you know, even just looking at eye candy was fun. Gosh, I was starting to seem super boy crazy like Rain. But I really wasn't. Not anymore than most girls, anyway.

"Ready to party hardy?" My best friend Rain asked, throwing her arm around my shoulder.

"I practiced my dougie all night," I said dryly. Rain rolled her eyes, because she knew I had been able to dougie for a while.

We walked across the student parking lot, Rain blabbing about hot guys. I stayed silent, sort of looking forward to clubbing, but wondering whether or not I really wanted to devote all my time and energy to a boyfriend. Sure, it would be nice to have arm candy, but was it really worth it? I already had so much on my plate as it was with both college and high school classes. I decided to just dance and party and skip the "boyfriend search", but not disclose that information to Rain...

"There are going to be so many hot dudesss there... Earth to Harper!"

I shook my head. "Get in." I reached inside my door to unlock the passenger's side for her. I drove to her house, because she had all the "materials" to get ready. Lucky for me, she lived less than a mile away. Unfortunately, the streets in our town were all one way, so to get from my house from hers I had to go all the way around town...

"So I found you the perfect outfit," Rain said as we walked in her front door. Did I mention Rain was rich? She lived in an average size house, but she always had a new piece of jewelry, new clothes, etc. Therefore, she was always getting me things on certain occasions. Apparently boyfriend search was an occasion that warranted a new outfit.

"Do I want to see it?" Knowing Rain, it would be very--well maybe not very very--skanky. The reason I knew she had bought me a new outfit and was not simply letting me wear one of hers? There was no way Rain and I could fit in each other's clothes. She wasn't fat, but she was big boned and around 3 sizes bigger than me. I was abnormally skinny even though I rarely exercised and I ate a lot. Most days I didn't even care how I looked.

"You'll love it," she promised me, but I didn't believe her. I won't even describe the last outfit she gave me. I sighed though, giving in.

"Just don't overdo the makeup..." I warned her; she grinned. I prayed she would hurry up, because suddenly I was antsy to get to the club. There were plenty of clubs that let in under 21s in LA, but Boulevard3 was the only one close to us, although I was sure we could get into any club in LA, even without fake ids. But anyway, I wasn't the party type...

-------------------------------------------

"1, 2, 3, all my boys and girls, we're gonna party like it's the end of the world. Let's get it started..."

A song about partying like it's the end of the world was playing over Boulevard3's speakers as I tried to push my way in the door after the bouncer okayed my id. The place was too packed to wait for Rain and our friend Faith that we picked up after leaving Rain's house. Inside the club was not nearly as packed as it was right around the door. So much for this being fun...

I did a once over of the room. Our boyfriend search would not be successful, I could tell, because there was not a free male in the room. Apparently every other girl had the same idea to find a boyfriend at Boulevard3, because every guy in there was being flirted with by some desperate girl or already had a girlfriend or was going to have a girlfriend in two seconds.

I felt so stupid. I saw a lot of people I knew from school, but I felt lost. I didn't belong there. Sure, I looked the part: Rain forced me to wash my hair then let it dry naturally, and wouldn't let me run a Chi over so it was curly and wavy and thick, nearly to the point of frizzy. I wanted to punch her in the face. Then she did a gray smokey eye on me with cat-eyed gel eyeliner over that. The rest of my makeup she did pretty natural looking except for my lips, which where a dull plum-red. The outfit was a white shirt with a gray and black cross design on the front; the neckline was so low that I wanted to pull it up every few seconds to avoid spillage, but Rain already instructed me not to or she would cut my hand off--"You need to show off your assets," she'd said, wiggling her eyebrows suggestively then cracking up. I shook my head. Over the top was a black "boob jacket", as Rain called it, one of those jackets that were a little longer than short sleeves and ended at the bottom of my boobs. Finishing it off I had on dark skinny jeans with black high top Converse.

(http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=34434542)

I wanted out, so I started to make my way back to the crowd around the door quickly. I was starting to feel clausterphobic. Why had I thought this would be fun? I had been to small rave-esque parties before, but this was beyond my capacity. This had been a bad, bad idea.

My vision swam as I pushed my way around grinding dancers. I had to reach Rain and Faith and tell them I was leaving, they could either come with or find another ride.

I had bumped into so many people in my way I barely noticed anymore. Until I accidentally elbowed a guy in the side and he swiftly moved in front of me to block my way. I was scared at first because he towered almost a foot over me and I could see huge muscles bulging from under his t-shirt sleeves, but when I looked up at his face and saw the condescending smirk I thought, Oh, Lord.

"Hello there," he said seductively. Seductively?? "You look a little lost." He was one of those cocky pretty boys that thought he was all that and flirted with every girl he saw and thought he could get any and every girl he wanted, I could tell just by his demeanor and the way he was standing in front of me. And by the way he flipped his hair when he saw me looking at his face. Gosh.

He held out his hand and out of courtesy I reached out to shake it. But instead of shaking it, he brought my hand up to his lips and gently kissed it. Turning up the charm. I didn't know whether to be flattered or appalled. "I'm James. James Diamond."

He really was gorgeous, with his long-ish brown hair that fell over huge hazel eyes that were framed by the biggest and most perfect eyelashes I had ever seen. And don't get me started on those muscles and that flawless tan skin and perfect white smile... Too bad he knew he was beautiful, and I couldn't stand boys that were constantly looking at themselves in the mirror and flipping and combing their hair. I liked down to earth boys that were confident but not cocky, boys that cared about hygiene and a little fashion but not consumed with their appearance to the point of being more vain than every female combined. I can't even describe how much I suddenly detested this James Diamond and his type. Suddenly the kiss on my hand made him a douchebag, and if I'd had a drink I would have poured it over that perfectly placed head of his. I was not a girl who could be bought by flattery, flirting, and good looks.

He was waiting expectantly. "Okay... Well, no, I'm not lost, James Diamond. I was just on my way out, actually." I didn't even bother lying and saying 'nice to meet you' or any crap like that.

I tried to push past him, but as I mentioned before he had huge muscles and was very fast because he blocked my way. "I never got your name," he said, raising his eyebrows suggestively.

"Harper," I replied, then realized I should have probably lied. I tried to get past him again.

This guy was very persistent; he moved in front of me again. "I'm in a band," he said, dropping his voice an octave, and it seemed kind of random to me. Then I realized his reasoning, and also realized it would be fun to tease him.

"Really?" I asked fake-excitedly. "What kind of band?" I was playing dumb blonde, but from the self-satisfied smile on his face he thought he had made a dent and impressed me. Gosh I wanted to do something to make him humble...

"A boy band," he replied, completely buying it. It took every ounce of self-control I had not to laugh.

"A...boy band?" I sputtered. "Boy bands died in the 90's."

"You're mean," he pouted, then continued as if I hadn't just wounded him. "That song that was just on? That was me." "Blow" by Ke$ha was playing now, and I had no memory of what had just played because I hadn't recognized it.

"That's nice," I said dismissively. I realized since he was so dumb and self-absorbed being a tease would be no fun. He loved himself too much for any blow to his ego to stick. "I really have to go now."

And just when he was finally going to let me through, someone grabbed my shoulders from behind.

"Hell-ooo," Rain drawled, staring openly at James as she peeked her head around mine then came to my side. "Harper, when were you planning to introduce us to your hot friend?"

James flipped his hair and grinned. I needed to bring this guy down a notch. I nodded to the soda in Faith's hand. "Can I have a sip?"

Faith handed me her Coke. "My 'hot' friend is James," I said to no one in particular. "But don't let the 'hotness' fool you. Inside is nothing but ugly, and his brain is only set one one person: him. He's obsessed with himself, completely shallow and vain, and thinks he's God's gift to women." I didn't have to know him at all to make this judgement, because I had encountered plenty of his kind. "I doubt he has any real friends, just other shallow people who use each other."

James took a moment to digest what I'd just said then started to protest. "Save it. And next time, save the flirting for some dumb, desperate slut. What do you take me for?"

And with that I poured the Coke over James Diamond's head.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, this is my most popular story on both quizazz and fanfic, so I thought why not post here? :)