Say Anything You Want, I'll Turn the Music Up

Chapter 2: Big Time Trouble

Say Anything You Want, I'll Turn the Music Up♥ James Diamond{BTR!}

Chapter 2: Big Time Trouble


Okay, so maybe I was out of line. All James Diamond had done was flirt with me and be his shallow, self-obsessed self. But someone was going to set him straight at some point in his life, so better me do it now than someone do it later when he was even more ill equipped.. I only felt bad for one second as the Coke began to drip from the tips of his hair and face to his white t-shirt, forming a bloom of brown.

"Harper!" Rain was appalled. She rushed to James's side and, always the flirt, had her boobs awful close to his muscular arm. "Are you okay?"

I ignored them and dug around in my purse. "Here," I handed some quarters to Faith. "Sorry. Get another one or something. I'm leaving. Are you guys ready?"

"But we just got here!" Rain pouted, clutching James's arm. Way to be obvious.

"Fine, stay." I had avoided looking at his face until this point, but now I finally looked James dead in the eye. He held my gaze, unwavering. The bright smile glowing smile and cocky smirk were gone. He should have looked pathetic with Coke dripping everywhere, but he didn't (if anything he looked even hotter, but I would never admit that). At first he looked at me in shock, like he had never even imagined I would diss him so blatantly and publicly. Sorry to disappoint. I saw the flash of anger for a second before he finally broke the gaze. He was too much of a pretty boy to scare me though. He shook his head so that Coke flew everywhere, drops landing on me as was probably his intention.

Right after that I walked back toward the door just as he walked toward the bathroom. I pushed through all the people that were still in line. I didn't care whether or not Rain and Faith were following me. One thing I learned tonight, I was officially never going to be the partying type. I was stupid not to have expected some shallow douchebag would flirt with me; that always happens at clubs, especially since guys are only after one thing.

I didn't need a boyfriend. Ever. More trouble than they're worth, just what I'd always told myself.

I walked to my car as I fumbled in my purse for my keys. I was still blowing off steam, and I really had no idea why, why I was so pissed. Okay, so maybe I did know: why couldn't the most gorgeous guy I'd ever seen be amazing, have a great, selfless personality yet be a flirt, just not a jerky flirt? Or self-obsessed?

I should have had some fun for one night, I scold myself. I should have let James Diamond flirt with me, dance with me, maybe even kiss me just for this one night; I would never see him again, and hewasgorgeous, and I was thinking about how soft his lips had been when they kissed my hand...

STOP IT! Don't stoop so low just for a guy's looks! It's the personality, not the looks that matter... What in the world are you doing, Harper Alexis Rae, thinking like that?

I sighed as I continued through the parking lot. It was empty right now, since everyone was inside Boulevard3. I stopped where I'd parked and, having had no luck in finding my keys, brought my purse up to my face and searched as best as I could in the dark.

I finally found them. I looked up with a sigh of relief...and my car wasn't there. No problem, I told myself. You parked somewhere else and just thought you'd parked here. I was about 90 percent sure this was where I parked though...

I wandered aimlessly around the lot, but my car was nowhere. I was the (not-so) proud owner of a white 1992 Honda Civic. It was an old piece of junk that constantly needed fixing, but I got it for $500, which was all I had when I got my license a few months ago. It wasn't that hard to find in a parking lot like this where most of the cars were really nice and new and shiny.

"WHERE IS MY CAR?" I screamed to the sky after I had circled the lot at least two times. I pulled out my old falling-to-pieces Metro Piece-of-Crap (PCS) flip phone and texted both Rain and Faith. 911! Car's gone! I'm one of those people who hates all forms of chat and textspeak...

I walked back to Boulevard3's doors. I pushed through the dwindling line, cutting people and pissing them off. I didn't care. I was about to push my way in when a hulking bouncer stopped me.

"Excuse me, Miss, back of the line's back there." He pointed with a meaty finger.

"No, you don't understand, I've already been inside, see?" I held up my hand to show him the stamp that granted me club access, but not access to alcohol. "I just really need my friends to come out. I have to get them..."

The bouncer shook his head. "I'm sorry, you'll have to wait at the end."

WHAT THE HECK!

I texted my friends again. Hurry up and get out here! We have no way of getting home! GET YOUR SKANK BUTTS OUT HERE!

I was hyperventilating now. My mother was going to kill me. Then bring me back, make me clean up the mess, and kill me again. If my car had simply been towed or stolen or whatever, she would have just killed me, which I could deal with. But when she found out I was at a club when I was supposed to be at Rain's... Royally screwed. So, make something up, the little devil on my shoulder told me. Say you were at the movies or something. I was a terrible liar though...

In an attempt to calm myself down, I began walking again as I waited for Rain and Faith. I stopped short when I saw James Diamond in the parking lot, walking toward a car that had three other males standing around it. I was at a far enough distance where I could eavesdrop but not be seen.

"Dude, what happened to you?" The blonde one said as James approached.

"And why did you go to a club without telling us?" The Hispanic one asked in mock anger. "Seriously, though," he added.

"Just get in the car," James said angrily, and all four boys got in. It was a really nice convertible that looked almost new. The short-haired brunette was the one driving.

I realized I had a choice here. I could ask for a ride, which would be suicide considering I'd just poured a drink over that shallow pretty boy's head—but the other boys seemed like the type that would help if James weren't in the car—or I could walk miles to Rain's house, or I could call someone to pick me up. I had no one to call; none of my friends could drive, and the ones that could were at colleges far away...

Walk, I told myself. I didn't know them, they could be psycho rapists or something, and I would be better off asking some other random stranger for a ride. It sank in how fully screwed I was now as I realized I would never hitchhike and Rain and Faith would also kill me for making them walk.

Hey, I'm going to die when my mom finds out anyway, I told myself. What's the worst they can do to me?

I texted them both again. Well, I'm walking home. Bye. Call your parents to pick you up if you want to get killed.
♠ ♠ ♠
James's revenge plot begins in the next chapter (sort of) *muahaha*! XD Thanks for all the great feedback you guys! BTR will be more involved in the next chapter too.

-Ky