Say Anything You Want, I'll Turn the Music Up

Chapter 6: Big Time Apology

Say Anything You Want, I'll Turn the Music Up ♥ James Diamond{BTR!}

Chapter 6: Big Time Apology


I just told Camille everything.

I had been in the Palm Woods’ public bathroom during my lunch break, crying my eyes out thanks to the whole Rain/James thing. I looked a hot mess, with so much smudged and running eyeliner; like a zombie or dead girl in a horror movie. I’d had one of those rough brown napkins crumpled in my hand, poised to wipe my eyes, when she’d walked in. Obviously I couldn’t compose myself fast enough; even though I had been trying to stop, I was still all snot and tears.

"Oh my God, honey." Camille had rushed to my side. "What’s wrong?"

At first I’d just shaken my head, wiped roughly under my left eye with the paper towel, crumpled it even more, and threw it in the trash can. Then I’d said, "I have to get back to work." I hadn’t been sobbing anymore, but the second I said that tears once again flowed silently down my cheeks.

Camille had grabbed my arm then pulled me down so we were sitting right in front of the sinks. At that point I hadn’t cared if Bitters fired me. It was just so nice to have someone to talk to. So I told her everything. About what was going on with James, what had just happened with Rain, and the reason I was stuck in this stupid job.

She’d just listened.

Finally Camille said, "You should talk to Rain."

I shook my head. "Rain doesn’t forgive people. Not even her best friend."

She sat there a little bit longer. "Have you ever thought about getting into acting? It’s a better gig than being a Palm Woods slave."

I laughed. Me. An actor. Actually, when I thought about it, it didn’t seem half bad. Plus, I could probably be pretty good at it. I was always pretending around people.

She laughed too, then after it got silent again she said, "You know, James is actually a real sweetheart Once you get to know him underneath that tan. He’s always putting others first."

Okay, that was exactly the WRONG thing to say. The second time in one day I had let my guard down to the wrong person, a person who had ulterior motives. I snorted. "Yeah, whatever. Honestly, I don’t care to know him any better."

I stood up and was about to walk out of the bathroom. Before I made even made it to the door Camille grabbed my arm again.

"Look, I bet James feels really bad–"

"Yeah, no. He only enjoys tormenting me and only me. I messed with his ego. In his mind a deserve douche treatment."

"–and," she continued as if I hadn’t just interrupted her, "I bet if you go out there right now he’ll apologize." I wouldn’t put it past her to text him while I was on my way out and make him apologize.

"But first we need to get you fixed up..."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Camille had some makeup remover in her bag, so she had completely removed my screwed up eyeliner and reapplied some of her fancy expensive kind. I almost looked like I could be famous. She fixed my hair into a low chignon then stated that I was ready to go back to work.

I knew I took a way longer break than I was supposed to; I was braced for the worst. So I was shocked when I walked out of the bathroom and Bitters was nowhere in sight.

As I headed back outdoors, Camille followed, as did more whispers and glances than ever before. I thought I was just being paranoid when I heard someone ‘cough’, "Dyke!" but I knew I hadn’t imagined it when Camille whispered, "Head up," from behind me.

We hadn’t even made it to the doors of the Palm Woods when none other than James Diamond himself appeared in front of me.

"Hey, Harp...er...Harper. Look, I feel really bad about how I’ve been acting..." He seemed mostly sincere.

"So I want to apologize. And I want you to accept. So I’m giving you VIP passes and tickets to Big Time Rush’s next concert. In a week." WHAT??

I said nothing. What was I supposed to say? Yes, I accept!? I’d never even listened to Big Time Rush before, and since James Diamond was in the band I was half convinced they were a talentless cookie cutter crappy pop band.

"Well, what do you say?" He gave me huge puppy dog hazel eyes and sort of unconsciously fluttered his eyelashes.

What do I say? I say I’m entirely too bighearted and forgiving.