Status: In Progress.

Changed

03. We All Have Our Secrets.

“Kara…” Harry murmured. He seemed frozen to the spot. I stood up, and ran over to him, and threw my arms around him. I tried to hold back tears. I had forgotten how much I really missed him.

“I missed you so much,” I whispered.

“I missed you too. I have so much to tell you,” he said, smiling, and showing off his gorgeous dimples. I grabbed his hand and pulled him onto the couch with me. I looked up at the people around us.

“So, who are your friends, huh, Hazza?” I smiled, cuddling into his side.

“Um, looks like you’ve already met Louis, he’s my best mate, and we share an apartment.” I looked over to Louis, surprised. He jerked his thumb to the shorter, blond one. “This little leprechaun here is Niall,” Niall waved to me. Harry pointed to a tall, dark and handsome one. “This is Zayn, and that’s Liam,” Liam, a friendly looking boy with curly light brown hair smiled to me.

“And we’re One Direction!” Niall joked. The boys all smiled and laughed, except Harry. I didn’t get the joke.

“What?” I said smiling, and looking around the room at them.

“We’re One Direction! Like, y’know, what we say in-“ Harry shot a murderous death glare at Niall.

“Niall. Shut. Up,” Harry hissed. I felt very left out of whatever was going on here. I hated feeling like the only confused one in the room.

“Mate, why’s Kara so confused? You must have told her right?” Louis said. The room was silent. Louis looked at Harry in disbelief. “You seriously didn’t even tell her? About any of it? Seriously?” Louis seemed slightly hurt, and very surprised.

“Told me what?” I exclaimed, dying to know what was going on. Harry refused to meet my eyes. I scooted away from him.

“What are you all even on about? What’s New Directions?” I asked, hoping someone would give me an answer.

“One Direction, actually,” Liam corrected. I frowned at him. I’d only start caring about the proper name once I realized what they were even talking about.

“What the hell are you hiding from me Harry? I know I haven’t seen you in a while, but you’re not exactly making this a pleasant visit. I’ve told you everything that’s ever happened to me, now tell me what the hell is going on!” I shouted. I was royally pissed off. I couldn’t believe that he was hiding stuff from me. I thought we were really good friends.

“Harry, you can tell her or I will,” Taylor said, glaring at him. Everyone looked pretty ticked with Harry.

“Um, Kara? If I tell you…please can you just, um. Promise me something?” Harry mumbled, squeezing his eyes shut. As angry as I was with him now, he was one of my best friends, and I’d keep a promise to him.

“Fine, but what is it Harry?” I asked.

“Just…treat me the same way you do now. Don’t look at me differently. I haven’t changed, I promise. I’m still the same Harry. Don’t act like I’m anyone else, just…please,” his voice cracked at the end.

“Of course, Haz! You’re one of my best friends, and I love you! I’d never feel differently about you,” I exclaimed wearily. He seemed so horribly ashamed for keeping something from me, and I could see pain in his eyes. I just wanted to hug him so badly. A weak grin crossed his face.

“Okay…I’m in a band. One Direction. We just came back from our European tour, and I’m leaving to go on worldwide on in about four months. We’ve sold millions of albums, and we came third on The X-Factor. I might have a lot of fans, but I’m still the same Harry you’ve always known. I swear,” he looked me in the eyes, begging me to understand.

This had actually be a joke right? He might not know what happened to me before, but it still hurt so badly. I stared at him open-mouthed, before running up and away to Taylor’s room.

The one person I thought could always trust just broke my heart.
♠ ♠ ♠
Pretty short, and it's not very well written, but I wanted to post tonight. The next chapter should be pretty interesting. I'm not trying to seem annoying, but I really need reviews to know what I should improve on, and to know what you guys think. If no one's reading this, then I'd rather just drop it. I'm not positive about how I feel with this story, anyway. Also, I'm having some troubles at home so I'll try to update as soon as possible, but I might need a little time away from the computer at the moment.