‹ Prequel: My Mr. Wonderful
Sequel: Old School Love
Status: 36 of 50

Lost in You

1/1

They met at a party. It was as simple as that. They were flirting. Simone just tended to fall for guys like Jake. With his not to long not too short hair that reminded her of the very first teddy bear ever made. His eye, however, is what really drew her to him. His eyes were brown, but not the dull brown like everyone else’s eyes. His eyes were a different brown. She could never manage to explain the color, but she simply got lost in his eyes from the moment she saw them.

He just broke up with his girlfriend a week and a half ago, and he was ready for someone new. Someone who wouldn’t make him feel like crap for forgetting a one month anniversary. A girl who wouldn’t spaz because he took 15 minutes to respond to a text because he was in the middle of something. A girl who wouldn’t be clingy, but would clearly be there. A girl he would pause a video game just to talk to her. Simply put, a girl for him to love. Then he met Simone. There was simply something that was instantly there. Something that made him feel a way he knew no one would ever make him feel. It was something that he only would be able to describe after consulting a stupid romance novel that included love at first sight. He first saw her pure brown hair; the color surprisingly reminded him of the wood on a rifle. It was an odd thing to associate a girl with, which made him only fall for her that much more. Then her eyes. He always thought the line eyes are the way to the soul was bullshit until he saw her hazel brown eyes. In that moment he was sucked in, his eyes glued to her. Then he heard her laugh, not a girly half laugh, but a real one, and in that moment he knew he had to know that girl.

Everything was perfect, or so it seemed for Jake and Simone. The two dated through their last year in high school. Everything was perfect, and the two were one of those cutesy couples that people hated. They seemed to be the epitome of love.

The end of that summer the two had to go two very different ways, and they wanted to see where their new path would take them alone, unattached so they broke up, but the last thing they said to one another was, “I’m nothing without you.” Whether that line was true or not they never knew, but they lived believing it was true though they were secretly unsure.

Time passed. Simone became a famous special effects artist and Jake became one of the best video game designers. Things seemed to be looking up for each, except they weren’t together. They each knew their personal paths now, and knew they were missing one another.

Simone’s best friend Mady knew her friend well enough to know the problem. Her best friend and her were very alike. They were so similar that when one texted with the other’s phone no one would be able to tell who someone else was texting them unless they were told. She knew what was wrong also because something similar happened with her and her husband Zach when he went on tour before they were married. With her husband’s help, Mady and Zach found Jake and set up a party so the two would find each other.

Jake was at a party that was set up by someone who they were trying to get to write a song for a video game he was almost finished making. He decided to attend because the guy promised to write the song as long as he attended the party. It seemed easy enough, not that he understood the relevance of his attendance, but he didn’t question it. Zach was a smart guy and he knew he had his reasons. He would also keep his word and write the song if he attended.

When he walked through the door the first thing he heard was her laugh. He followed the sound like a dog chasing a cat. Then he saw her eyes and he got sucked into them the way he was only able to do in her eyes. He was afraid; however, he didn’t know how to approach her. He didn’t know if she had a boyfriend or was even married, but he did know he wanted her like he always did. He knew the love he had for her was timeless and endless. So he walked away, for now. Only in the attempt to find out if she was attached. That is when he saw her best friend since high school Mady. So he walked up to her to find out what was going on with Simone. He knew she accomplished her dreams. She was a famous special effect artist, but that was about it. When he finally got up to Mady he saw an arm around her waist. Following the arm he found Zach and that is when he knew why he was there. He didn’t need to ask her anymore, all he needed was to find Simone.

He found her on accident. He was passing her in a tight space when someone pushed him, and they ended up pushing him up against her. He looked down to apologize to whomever he just rammed into, but when he saw Simone he didn’t say a word he simply kissed her.

The two left the party without a word. They went into Jake’s rental car and went straight into the hotel room. No words said. No words needed to be said. The second Jake’s hotel room door shut his lips were on hers. His hands roaming where no attached man’s hands should roam on any girl than the girl he is attached with. Her hands were already unbuttoning his shirt. His hands found the way to her skirt and removed that easily. Then when his shirt was finally tossed onto the floor her hands roamed on all the open skin before she stopped kissing him and started kissing down his chest.

Two years after that day Mady and Simone were running around together taking care of the last minute things that needed to be done the next day for Simone’s wedding. They were practicing her vows on the way to confirm the cake for the third time. Simone’s favorite line in her vows was, “I’m nothing without you.” It was her favorite line because she always knew it to be true, at least it always was for her.
♠ ♠ ♠
For my friend... Hope she likes it :)