The Neighbor Girl

Chapter One

Jamie

She's bossy and weird and wants everything to be like a fairytale, and she's way too damn stubborn, but I can't help but like her.

I don't know what it is. It might be the way her hazel eyes sparkle or maybe the way they turn green in the sunlight. But I don't think that's it, I think it's the way she's so intoxicating and sweet. She's never, and I mean never, mean to anyone. If a mean girls causing drama she'll just walk away, she won't call her a bitch or anything. I think it's the way she can still smile and laugh even though something horrible happened to her, or that she doesn't blame the world for the hand she was dealt. Or it might even be the way the calls me Jamie, even though everyone, even my mother, calls me James.

I looked at her sitting across from me on my bed scribbling furiously at the math worksheet we are working on together. As she looked up at me I quickly glanced down at my half filled out worksheet so she wouldn't catch me staring at her.

"What did you get for thirty-two?" Nikki inquired.

"Um, 2x to the tenth power." I almost stumbled over my words, I always did when she looked at me with her beautiful eyes.

"Mmm hmm," she mumbled, looking back down at the paper.

I gawked at her again, the scars across her neck and on her shoulder, with her tank top and her hair up, were clearly visible. I never got up the nerve to ask her what happened and I don't think I ever will. I tried looking it up once but there were no results.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" A smirk played across her lips and she tapped her purple pen on her perfectly pale cheeks.

Oh crap! What do I do? Trying to play it cool, I said, "Just staring off into space, I guess."

"Are you sure? You were looking right at my face." She stated, oblivious to my discomfort. Or at least she was pretending to be, it seems that sometimes she plays with me.

"Why would I be staring at you?" The words came out a little bit more harsh than I meant them to.

A flicker of something, maybe sadness, flashed through her eyes, but then disappeared. "I don't know, but if this was a fairy tail, after I caught you staring at me, you would proclaim your undying love for me." There she goes again, like I said, she loves her fairytales

I rolled my eyes, "You watch to many dumb chick-flicks."

She faked hurt, "But Jamie, I love those movies." There it was again, the cute way she says Jamie. A smile stretched across her face and I resisted the urge to push her wispy blonde bangs out of her face.

Her shorts pocket buzzed and Nikki pulled out her phone. "I have to go, dinner time." She jumped of my bed and left the room without a goodbye. I stares at her receding figure and almost started drooling.

She left me to think about just how much I love her. With her gently wavy blonde hair all the way to her headstrong personality. I wanted her so much that when she was around I could barely think. The thing was, no matter how hard I tried, she would never go for a guy like me. She had guys practically throwing themselves at her and I was just me. The ordinary guy that nobody gives a second look at.

I pattered into the bathroom and looked in the mirror. I was just another tan guy with brown hair and brown eyes. The only thing different about me was that I was tall, about six three. And that wasn't even a good thing, I couldn't just be a normal guy, I was a gangly normal guy.

She's going to end up with Landon I bet. Landon's the star of the football team, the blonde haired, blue eyed pretty boy that always hits on Nikki in the hall.

I sighed and thought about how much my life sucks. "Geez, why did I have to fall for that girl?" I thought aloud, keeping my voice down so my sister in the room next door wouldn't hear. She would be on me for forever about it, then she would try to play Cupid, same as she always does.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so I hope you guys liked chapter one. I'm going to try and post a chapter at least once a week and just as a side note, I've never written a romance before, so I'm going to try my best. Plaese comment and tell me what you think.