Status: Completed!

When I'm With You, I'm at Home

The worst things in life come free to us.

Ashton’s POV-

I stared down at my cell phone. Brian’s name kept flashing in front of me.

How could I let this happen? Brian is going to be so angry. And his anger is always taken out on me.

I didn’t say a word to John. I just ran out of his backyard, and kept running until I was safe in my bedroom. I locked the door, and fell down on my bed. I had to call him back. I had to. I just didn’t want to. I was scared. But what could he do to me over to phone? He couldn’t actually hurt me. For once, I could be safe.

My thumb hovered over the send button, ready to call him. But I was waiting to gather up the courage. My hands shook as finally I pressed send. I sat on my bed dreading his answer. It kept ringing, and ringing.

No answer.

I was in deep trouble.

I called back, pressing my phone to my ear. It rang three times before I heard that voice. The voice I haven’t heard in a while, that I was trying, so hard to forget.

“Yes?” He hissed in to the phone.

“Brian, I am so sorry. I was sleeping. My phone was on silent-“

“Stop.” He commanded. “I don’t believe that shit. Where were you? Who were you with?”

“Brian, I wasn’t with anyone. I was at home. I was sleeping.”

I heard him chuckle wickedly, before saying, “Do you think I am stupid?”

“No, of course not.”

“Then why don’t you tell me the truth?”

I felt the hot tears stream down from my eyes. I couldn’t tell him the truth. I couldn’t tell him I was with John. I just couldn’t. I would be dead.

“Ashton,” He snapped. “Fucking tell me.”

“I was a-at my old friends house. Her n-name is Laney.” I stuttered nervously.

“Why haven’t I heard about her before?” He questioned.

“I have told you about her.”

“Are you saying I’m lying?”

“No.” I gasped. “I just-“

“I’m coming to Arizona.”

“What?” I shouted into the phone, as I jumped off the bed.

“I’m coming down to visit you.” He spoke calmly.

“B-but you cant. I mean you are on tour.”

“Michael lost his voice, so we came home early.” He informed me. “I will be on the next flight to Tempe. I’ll see you soon, baby.” He said, and then hung up.

I fell down to the floor feeling defeated. I leaned against my bed, pulling my knees up to my chest.

How could he be coming here?

I jumped back, striking my head against the wooden nightstand, when I heard a knock on the door. I gasped, trying to catch my breath. I didn’t want to move. I just wanted who ever was at the door to just leave me alone.

“Ashton?” The voice hidden behind the door said. “Are you okay?”

It was John.

“Go away, please.” I said, as loud as I could, which wasn’t very loud at the moment.

I heard the door shake, at his attempt to open it. But he couldn’t.

I don’t want to fall back into the place that I was stuck in, with Brian. But with him coming here, I knew I was going to. And that scared me. I was scared for myself, and for John. I closed my eyes, remembering how it was, before I came back to John. When I was stuck in the middle. It all started after I left Arizona, and before I came back to Arizona.

I heard the front door open, and smack against the wall.

Brian was home.

“Ashton!” I heard him scream from my bedroom.

I gulped. I knew what Brian wanted. He always does this when he gets this wasted. Before he could come through the bedroom door, I slid into the bathroom. I searched the closet for a small orange pill bottle. I poured out two pills, and swallowed them fast. They hurt going down my dry throat. I nearly choked when the bathroom door swung open fiercely. I leaped backwards, smacking my back against the wall.

“What the fuck are you doing?” Brian yelled at me, while he grasped on to my wrists. He yanked me up, off the floor, and dragged me out of the bathroom. He threw me on to our bed, and climbed on top of me. He held my hands down, above my head. I squeezed my eyes shut, so tight I thought my eyelids were going to tear.

I couldn't move, but I tried.

“Stay still.” He growled, digging his nails in to my skin.

There was no use in fighting him. He is so much stronger than I am. I opened my eyes, finding his blood shot eyes staring down at me. His expression was terrifying. I knew better than to disobey him, especially when he was like this.

He moved his one hand from my wrist to my neck. He pushed down, making it hard for me to breathe. I gasped for a breath; while he leaned down to kiss my jaw.

I closed my eyes, and tried to remember when I was happy. Back when I wasn't scared, and when I was free.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry that this sucks, so bad. I cant write about 'abuse' and stuff. But I tried.

And if you didn't figure it out, the last part of this chapter (the part in italics) was a flashback. There will be more flashback to come!

What do you think about Brian?

Thanks for commenting on the last chapter:

becauseiamfree

smoke-and-fire

A-Book-Of-You-And-Me


Thanks for reading :)