Status: Completed!

When I'm With You, I'm at Home

I've been talking to God, asking for just a little help with you.

Ashton's POV-

"John?" I asked, sitting up on his bed. There was an empty spot next to me, which belonged to John. I swung my feet over the side, and stood up. I stretched out my body, feeling a sharp pain in my side. My hands flew over to the spot. I cringed in pain, biting down on my lip. I started to walk slowly to the bedroom door. I staggered down the stairs, and found John in the kitchen.

"Oh, you're up." He smiled.

"Uh, yeah." I began. "Why am I here?"

His eyebrows pulled together, as he said, "You fell asleep outside last night."

I closed my eyes and nodded. I suddenly remembered what happened with Brian last night. Brian kicking me, leaving, me outside crying, and John running to save me.

"Why don't you sit down?" I felt Johns hand on my back, and him at my side. He was so close.

"I made breakfast." He smiled.

My head snapped up to look at him. "You don't cook." I stated.

He laughed, "Well, you have been gone for a while. I cook now, and I think I'm pretty damn good."

I smiled at him, as I leaned against his chest. "I doubt it."

"Why don't you see for yourself?"

I sat down, and John sat down across from me. I picked at my food, making disgusted faces when I ate it. John would roll his eyes, and I would just laugh. It was good, to my surprise he actually could cook, but I wouldn't tell him that.

"So Ash," John muttered in between a mouth full of pancakes. "I have a couple questions. Number one: what happened last night? And number two: why did you say you couldn't see me anymore?"

I stopped eating, setting down my fork neatly on the table. "Uh, nothing really important happened last night."

"Are you kidding me?" He gasped. "You run out of your house crying. You couldn't even speak, you could barely breathe, but nothing important happened? That's not the truth."

"I don't want to talk about it." I snapped, fighting with myself to hold back the truth.

John looked angry. I knew he was dying to know the truth, but I couldn't do it. Just like I can't go back home. I knew I should, but if I went back Brian would be there. He would want to know where I was, whom I was with, and what I was doing. Going back sooner would be easier, but I wasn’t ready.

"I just want to go back to bed." I pleaded.

He stared at me. Not saying a word, just watching.

I stood up, and pushed the wooden chair to the table.

"I'll take you up there." John said, already up on his feet. I didn't argue. I just let him wrap his arms around my waist, and walk me up the stairs. John laid me down on his bed. I refused to let go of him. "You can't leave me."

John smiled, while he unattached me from his shirt. He kicked his shoes off, and crawled on to the bed next to me. "I won't."

I rolled over, and got as close to John as I could.

"When you are ready to talk, I'm here." John whispered in my ear.

•••

John's POV-

I set down two coffee mugs on the table, and pulled a chair out.

"So everything okay, John?" Jared asked me, picking up one of the mugs.

I called Jared after I woke up. I felt like I needed to talk, just to get some kind of release, while Ashton was still asleep upstairs.

"Yeah, everything is fine." I mumbled.

"You sure? You seem like something is getting to you."

I shrugged, leaning back in my chair "How do you know when you are in love?"

Jared stopped, and set his coffee down on the table. His eyes met mine, and his eyebrow furrowed together. "Why?"

I shook my head, and tried to act normal. "I don't know, just curious."

He sighed, resting his elbow on the table, and placing his chin on his hand. "Well, I guess when you only want to be around that one person. She makes you anxious, exited, happy." He paused, and a small smile played on his lips. "When you look at her, and just know."

"Is that how you feel about Baylee?"

He dropped his head down, and laughed. When he looked back up at me he was all smiles. "Yeah, I do."

"Awe man. You are so whipped."

"Yeah, I am.” He agreed. “So what?"

"Nothing man," I began. "I’m happy for you. But I better be the best man at the wedding."

"Its all yours." He laughed. "One day man, you'll fall in love to. Just got to give it time."

I bit my lip, and sighed. "I have."

"Well, give it some more time."

"I don't mean time, Jared."

Jared looked confused, and asked "Then what?"

"In love... I think I'm in love."

"What? With who?" Jared questioned me.

I shook my head, feeling stupid for bringing it up. Just then we heard footsteps on the stairs. We both glanced over, and saw Ashton hopping off the last step. Jared whipped his head around, staring at me. He had an evil smirk playing on his lips. "Ashton." He mouthed.

I rolled my eyes at him, and then turned away quickly to hide my reddening cheeks.

"Ashton, how are you?" Jared greeted her.

"I'm good." She smiled softly. "How are you?"

"Fantastic." He said peaking over at me.

I guess he knew my secret, that wasn't much of a secret.
♠ ♠ ♠
I AM SOOO SORRY, that I haven't updated in forever. You are completely allowed to hate me. I have most of the next chapter done, so I will get that out sometime next week.

School sucks. It take too much of my time. I will make sure to make time, so I can write.

Also, on Friday I saw THE MAINE AGAIN! It was a three hour drive, but it was so worth it. I wont say much else on that, except BEST NIGHT OF MY LIFE.

Thanks for the comments on the last chapter:

Smoke-And-Fire

Becauseiamfree