Status: Completed!

When I'm With You, I'm at Home

Thought I'd moved on, but you brought me right back.

John's POV-

After Ashton and I made up, yesterday, we made plans to go the record store. She doesn't have a car, so I volunteered to drive.

I waited for Ashton in her living room, as she finished getting ready. After a couple minutes of waiting, she was finally done.

"Okay, I am ready to go." Ashton smiled, as she appeared in the doorway. She was smiling, and gripping her purse. This was the first time since we were kids, that I've seen her hair pulled back. Pieces of hair framed the sides of her face, and the back was pulled up in a messy bun, type thing.

"Ready?" She asked, cocking her head to the side.

I shook my head, making myself come back to reality. "Yeah, let's go."

I opened the front door, letting her go out first. She smiled at me, as she stepped out. I closed the door behind us, and stood next to Ashton at the edge of the porch.

"Still have your truck, I see." Ashton says, looking up at me.

"It's my baby." I laughed, as I lead her to my truck.

I opened the passenger door, and Ashton climbed in. I walked around the front of the car, and got in. I put the key in, and started the car.

As we pull out of the driveway, Ashton's hands found the radio. She flicked through the stations. Her face, scrunched together, at the sound of the horrible music the radio plays.

I laughed to myself, "You still don't like rap."

Ashton found where I kept my CD stash. "Ugh, never have, never will." As she spoke, she flipped through my CD's. A small smile appeared on her lips. "You still have our burned CD's? I can't believe it."

Ashton grabbed one, and thrusted it inside the CD player. The first song was, Wonder Wall.

"Oh wow, I can't even remember the last time I heard this song." She gawked, as she fell back against the seat.

"What, stopped listening to good music?" I teased, as I glanced over at her.

She rolled her eyes, and peered out the window. "No, I still do. I guess it's just not like the good music, that we use to listen to. If that makes sense."

"Yeah, get it." I said, while my hand flicks to turn the blinker on.

•••

Ashton's POV-

"We will be back tomorrow afternoon." My mom informed me, as she grabbed her purse. "Emergency numbers are on the fridge; if any thing happens call us, or the O'callaghans."

"Nothing is going to happen." I reassured her. "I'll be fine, don't worry."

"Behave, and no parties." My dad laughed.

I rolled my eyes and nodded.

"Love you." My mom said, before leaving the house.

I sat down on the couch, and turned the TV on. My parents were going to my dads work thing, and would be going overnight. So, I have the house to myself.

•••

Several hours passed, and now it's around 1:00am. I began feeling a little paranoid; I haven't been in this house since High school, and I was kind of scared. I kept hearing noises, which caused me to jump.

I tried to calm down, but I was still nervous. I curled up on the couch, and flipped to John’s number in my cell phone. I pressed send, and held it up to my ear. After a couple seconds John answered.

"Hello" He said half asleep.

"Hi." I mumbled. "Um, my parents are out, and I'm kind of freaked out. Will you come over?"

"And how old are you now?" John asked, sarcastically.

"Shut up, it's a big house. I don't like to be alone, please?"

"Yeah, I'll be over in a minute." He said. "Should I use the front door, or your bedroom window?"

My lips began to turn into a small smile, as I replied, "The front door is just fine... Thank you."

We both hung up, and I stayed on the couch, until John came over. He knocked on the door, I hopped up, an opened it.

"Hey." He smirked, as I opened the door, letting him come inside.

"Thank you, for coming over." I told him.

"Not a problem." He said. "So, you're really scared to be home alone?"

"I'm not use to this house; I'm a big baby, I know." I laughed, falling down in the couch. John sat down next to me, and smiled.

"What?" I asked, lifting an eyebrow.

He shook his head. "Nothing, I'm just glad you're back."

"I'm glad to be back." I smiled back at him. "Are we going to be best friends again?"

"I hope so." He said. "I really missed you."

"I missed you a lot." I said, nodding. As I spoke, I felt my eyes begin to water. I really missed being home, and being with John. Being here now, with him, is making me see that.

I attempted to blink back my tears, and let them go unnoticed. But it's me, so I couldn't get that lucky.

"Ash, what's wrong?" John said, pulling me over to him.

"I just miss this." I said, resting my head on shoulder.

"You don't need to miss it, anymore."
♠ ♠ ♠
IM SEEING THE MAINE TOMORROW!!!! SO EXCITED. So I'm updating all my The Maine fics!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE go check out Like We Did When We Were Young It has The Maine, so check it out?

Thank you to my commenters:

ahoyylaneyy;
RoRo15
Smoke-and-fire


Thanks for reading!!! :) Comment?