Status: Completed!

When I'm With You, I'm at Home

What we used to have, we don't have it anymore.

Ashton's POV-

It was around 11:00am, when I woke up. John fell asleep on the other couch, and was still asleep. I decided to let him sleep longer, so I quietly went into the backyard.

Our backyard was pretty big, a lot of grass, a patio, and bonfire pit. I took a seat on the lawn, letting the hot Arizona sun burn into my skin. I looked up at the sun, and closed my eyes.

Suddenly, I heard the sliding door open. "What are you doing out here?" John asked.

I turned around, to look at him, as he closed the door. "Just relaxing. Ya know, just taking it all in."

"Would you mind if I joined you?" He asked, as he stood at my side.

I smiled up at him, and said, "I wouldn't mind at all. In fact I would love it."

We made small talk, about the past. Bridging up some of our favorite memories.

•••

"I would have been such a better kid if it wasn't for you." I said. "You got me in to all sorts of trouble."

"What? I didn't get you in any trouble." John laughed. "That was all you. You were the trouble maker."

"Oh sure, John." I hushed him, before I brought myself down, to lie on the grass. John followed me down, and closed his eyes.

I closed my eyes, as well. "I wish things were like they use to be." I sighed.

"Yeah... You sneaking out, for sleepovers at my house." John chuckled.

"I liked it because it was like Dawson’s creek." I mumbled, with slight laughter.
"Why did things have to change?"

"You left." John said flatly.

I sighed deeply, and attempted to change the subject.

"Ew, remember when you grew your hair out?" I said, scrunching up my nose. "It was down to your shoulders... And you never showered."

"I did to shower." He fired back. "But you were a jerk, and cut my hair."

"It had to be done." I shrugged.

"Not with safety scissors, and when I was sleeping." John whined.

"I'm sorry, it looked good."

"Yeah, after I went and had it fixed." John laughed. "You only did it because of stupid Prom."

"Okay, number one, Prom was not stupid." I exclaimed. "Prom was a lot of fun, and you know it."

"Fine, it really was fun." John agreed, rolling over to lay on his stomach. "Or maybe I just think after Prom was the fun part." John said, with an evil smirk, and a wink.

I rolled my eyes. "No way, we are not getting into that." I announced.

"Oh please, you know you liked it." John said, nudging me.

"Stop it." I whined, covering my face, to hide my red cheeks. "I did not."

"Whatever." John laughed, knowing he was right. "I still can't believe you convinced me to go to Prom."

"You were going to miss out, if you didn't go." I stated.

---

"Don't forget to buy your Prom tickets?" Exclaimed, a perky blonde, who was
standing on a table.

John rolled my eyes, as he took a sip of his water.

"What, you aren't going to go?" I asked him.

"No, I don't see the point."

"You're kidding me. Prom is so important, you have to go." I lectured.

"Are you going?"

"Of course." I smiled.

"W-who's you're date?" John asked.

"Don't have one."

"Like you don't have a line of boys just begging to be your date." John said.

"John, I think you've got it confused. You have line of girls to be your date,
I don't have anyone."

"Please, any guy would love to be your date." He said sincerely.

I shook my head, and looked down.

"Why don't we..." John pauses. "Why dont we just go... together?" John suggests, rubbing the back on his neck. "It's the last school dance we will ever go to, why not go?"

"You're going to go?" I asked, with a smile creeping up in my lips.

"I guess Ill go."

"Awe, yay!" I exclaimed, while I clapped my hands together. " This will be so fun... But I except flowers, and you'll have to match my dress."

"Whatever you want."


"We always had fun, no matter what we did." John stated.

"Yeah, we did." I nodded. "We need to start getting into trouble again, I miss
it." I said, turning to look at him.

"Well, you're back now." John smiled. "How about tonight we start getting into trouble?"

"Not too much trouble, though." I told him, with a laugh.

"Of course not." He smirked.

"I miss us" I said. "We use to be so close..."

"I know; we were always together." John replied.

"And I loved that." I declared. "You were my best friend, and I loved you."

John paused, "I thought I was going to marry you." He chuckled.

"What?" I asked, taken back.

"I just always thought we would end up together." John shrugged, looking off in to the sky.

I sat there, for a second, before I said, "Really?"

John looked back at me, and simply nodded.

"Awe," I said, smiling a little. "I use to think that to. Especially when I was really little." I laughed, thinking about it

"What's so funny?" He asked. "You can't believe you actually wanted to marry me? Because I turned out so horrible, right?"

I hit his arm playfully. "No, that's not it. I just thought it was funny, how much I use to think about it."

"You would?"

"Yeah, I had it all planned out." I said, looking back up at the sun. "And John, you turned out just fine... Trust me."
♠ ♠ ♠
Awe <3 What do you guys think??? Please comment, and let me know!

Thank you to my commenters on the last chapter:

gurlaloosh

RoRo15


Thank you for reading :)