Status: Completed!

When I'm With You, I'm at Home

I don’t remember, were we wild and young?

Ashton's POV-

"Lets go for a walk." John announced, lifting himself off the ground. He reached his hands out, and pulled me up with him.

"Where to?" I asked.

"We'll find out when we get there." He shrugged, as he roamed over to the gate.

We walked along the dusty sidewalks, until we came across a familiar place.

"The old park is still here." I gushed, placing my hand over my heart. "I can't believe it." I skipped over to the swing set, and jumped up on to one of the seats.

"Push me." I begged.

"You're crazy." John laughed, standing in front of me.

"Please, John." I whined, kicking my legs.

He rolled his eyes and chuckled. He walked around me, and placed his hands on my hips. John pulled me back, and then pushed my forward. I was already picking up speed; I moved my legs back and forth.

After awhile of John pushing me; he walked in front of me. "Jump." He yelled to me. "I'll catch you."

"No you won't." I laughed

He put his hands on his hips. "Yes I will. Just jump." He encouraged, holding out his arms.

"I don't trust you." I shook my head. "I'll just knock you down."

"So what? I don't care." John said

"Fine, but when I hurt you, it's not my fault." I shouted, getting ready to jump.

I shifted my weight to the edge of the seat. As the swing was high in the air, I pushed myself off. My body was only weightless for a few, quick seconds. It soon ended. I crashed, slamming in to John.

I hit him hard, pushed him down, and then collapsed on top of him. John gasped and moved, so I was under him. He placed his hand on my cheek, and breathed, "Ash, are you okay?"

I opened my eyes, and started to laugh, uncontrollably. In between laughs, I managed to speak. "Yeah, I'm fine."

"Good, you fucking flew." John chuckled.

"I know, and I hit you..." I said, trying to sound serious, again. “Are you okay?" I asked, as I touched his cheek.

"Perfect, really." John smiled.

"I told you; you wouldn't catch me."

He rolled his eyes, "Maybe you just jumped weird."

"What?" I fake gasped, "This is my fault?" I said, as my hand grasped his dark blue flannel.

"Well, it's not mine." John teased, while he leaned down, closer to me.

"No, I think it is." I said, biting my lip.

John leaned down, further; we both shut our eyes. But right before our lips touched, two squeaky voices chimed in, "Ew, they are going to kiss."

"Yuck."

We both looked over, and saw two little girls watching us.

John sighed, and I just giggled. He began to stand back up. He reached his hands out, for me to take. Once I was on my feet, I brushed off the dirt from my clothes.

"Thanks girls." John laughed.

The little girls smiled, before they skipped away, back towards the playground.

"Uh, want to head back home?" John asked, nervously.

I smirked, "Yeah, let's go." I said, grabbing his arm.

•••

When we showed up at my house, my parents were already home.

"Hi guys." My mom greeted, as we walked through the kitchen door. "Where did you guys run off to, this time?"

I looked at John and smiled. "We went to the park." I said, leaning against the counter of the island, in the kitchen.

"The park?" She questioned.

"Yeah, like when we were kids." I gushed, leaning my head over, on Johns shoulder. He rested his head on mine, while we both stuck out our lips, making a baby face.

"You two are just too cute." My mom smiled. "So, Ashton, has John told you the news?”

“No,” I said, looking at John, while his eyes float around the room. “What news?”

“I’m throwing you a welcome home party, with all your old friends." John announced. "I wasn't allowed to tell you." He smirked. "Oh, and it's tonight."

"Tonight?" I asked.

"Yes, so go upstairs, and start getting ready." My mom ordered.

"Okay, fine." I said. "I'll see you at the party then, John."

"Yes, you will." He smiled, adding a wink, before he headed out the door.

I rolled my eyes and headed up the stairs, to my room.

•••

I quickly threw a cute outfit together, and ran back down the stairs. I entered the kitchen, to find Johns parents, and my own at the table.

“Ready for the party?” John’s mom asked, with a wide smile.

“Yeah. I am just about to head over.”

“Well, have fun.” She said. “And tell John to behave!”

“You guys aren’t going to be there?” I asked them.

“No, we are staying here, for the night.” John’s mom added. “I’ll never get any peace with a party going on.”

My mom skipped over to me, and wrapped her arms tight around me. “Have fun, and don’t do anything stupid.”

“I never do!” I defended, while I hug her back.

“Tell John we said hello.” John’s dad said, just before I was out the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
I think this chapter is really cute.

Thanks to my commenters on the last chapter:

smoke-and-fire

Kennedy Brock

RoRo15

beaute infame


I LOVED the comments on the last update, keep 'em coming, please?