Status: Completed!

When I'm With You, I'm at Home

This problem's gonna last more than the weekend.

Ashton's POV

"Welcome to the party." John greeted, as he opened the door for me.

I stepped inside, John shutting the door behind me. His house already crowded with people. Some of which I recognized, others that I didn’t.

We walked in to the living room. There was beer bottles scattered all over, even a few drifting along the hardwood floor. I stayed right beside John, as we walked into the kitchen. We passed a hallway, where smoke floated around the air.

John stopped walking, and walked over to two guys smoking. "Guys, I told you, no smoking in the house." He stressed. "If you want to do it, go outside, by the garage."

The two guys nodded, and pushed passed us, to get to the door. John shook his head, and continued towards the kitchen.

"Want a drink?" John asked, grasping a two beer cans in his hands.

"Sure," I said, taking one from him. I slowly took a sip, taking in the bitter taste. "Thanks."

•••

I mingled a lot throughout the night. Catching up with old friends, (and the people who say they know you, but you have no clue who they are.)

I was stuck talking to this one girl; who went to high school with me. Sherri. Honestly, I couldn't stand her then, and I can't stand her now. She went on and on about herself. I stood there, smiling politely, while I sipped my beer.

I guess it showed that I wasn't having the time of my life. I glanced over, seeing John, laughing at my displeasure.

If looks could kill, he would be dead.

I felt an arm wrap around my waist. My head snapped to my right, to find John smiling down at me.

"Sorry," He started, switching his view, from me to Sherri. "But I need to borrow Ashton." Sherri nodded, allowing John to take me away.

Johns arm slid down my back, trailing over to my arm. He took my hand in his, and pulled me away from Sherri.

"Thanks," I breathed, feeling relieved to be home free from her. "She never stops talking."

"I know." He stopped walking. He led us to a corner of his busy living room. "I barely got to see you tonight." He said, still having a grip on my hand.

"I know. This party wasn't exactly what I expected."

John chuckled, while he peered over my shoulder. "It's pretty wild."

"What?" I questioned, standing on my toes to get closer to him.

He leaned down, his lips hovering just over my ear. "I said, it's pretty wild."

I shook my head, agreeing. Just as I was about to step back his arms wrapped around my waist. Next thing I know, his lips were on my neck.

•••

I rushed home. The feeling of guilt rising from the pit of my stomach.

I climbed on to my bed, and pulled my cell phone out of my pocket. I quickly punched in the number of my best friend, Carson.

It only rang once, before she answered. "Ashton," She screamed. "I miss you!"

I let a small smile slip on my lips. "Carson, I miss you so much."

"Are you coming back home yet?" She asked, hopefully.

"No, not yet."

She sighed into the phone, and said, "Dammit. I miss you. But anyways, how are you?"

"I was pretty good, but something happened last night." I trailed off.

"What happened?"

"I cheated on Brian." I said, feeling shame wash across me.

"What? You did? With who?"

"John." I stated, dropping my head in to my hands. "I can't believe I cheated on Brian. "

"I’m shocked." She stated, sounding stunned. "I never thought you would ever do something like that."

"I never did either. It's just last night, it felt different." I said. "I missed being around John, and all the feelings I use to have, for him."

"Did you love him?" She asked.

"Of course; I did"

"You know Brian has cheated on you, so many times." She added, nervously.

"I know. But two wrongs, don’t make a right."

"But now it's even. He cheated on you, and you cheated in him. So really, it's all worked out, it's all balanced now." Carson replied.

"Still, it feels wrong." I whined, falling back on my pillow. "You can't tell Brian, ever!"

"I won't, never, ever." She promised.

"Good. Then he will never find out." I stated.

"So..." Carson paused. "What was it like?"

"What?"

"John. How was it?" She asked me, with slight laughter.

I shook my head to myself. "Are you kidding me?"

"No, tell me about it. I want to know."

I rolled my eyes, while I sat back up on my bed. I laughed about how I felt like a teenager again, gossiping. "I don't know... I claimed to be really drunk, but I really wasn't.” I confessed. “It was like it was on Prom night." I said smiling, just thinking about it.

"Awe, can you break up with Brian, and just be with John? Please." Caron gushed, into the phone.

"No. Trust me, Brian would not let that happen." I said, sternly.

"Well, too bad. I never even met John, but I like him better."

•••

I lay on my bed, the covers brushing against my cheeks. I was half asleep, when there was a knock on my door. I groaned, and mumbled, "Come in."

"Hey." The person said, as they entered my room, closing the door behind him.

My breath caught in my throat. I opened my eyes, and sat up in my bed. By this time [John was sitting at the edge of my bed. I pulled my blanket close to my chest, and took a quick breath. "How could you let that happen?" I asked him my voice low. "I was drinking."

"You barely drank anything." John said, rolling his eyes.

"You knew I was drinking, and you know how I am when I drink." I shouted.

"You weren’t even drunk, Ashton." John fired back, narrowing his eyes at me.

"John I-" I started.

"Stop it," He pleaded. "Why can you just admit you did it, because you have feelings for me?"

"John, I can't say that."

"Why not?" He asked, inching closer to me, on my bed.

"Because it would not be true." I mumbled, dropping my head down. I was scared to look at him.

I finally gathered up the nerve, to peek over at him. He had his eyes closed, and was pinching the bridge of his nose. "So last night, it meant absolutely nothing to you?"

I shook my head, "It was a huge mistake." I knew this was hurting him, but what else could I do.

"I can't believe this." John choked out. He flew off the bed, and ripped the door open. And just like that, he had vanished.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, there is some drama going.

Thank you for the comments on the last chapter:

karrett brockelsen

RoRo15

smoke-and-fire (Yeah, that's Ryan Adams:)

beaute infame

sarabdara


Those comments were fantastic! You guys are so amazing! Thanks for reading :)