Status: Completed!

When I'm With You, I'm at Home

Sooner, or later it's over. I just don't want to miss you tonight.

Ashton's POV-

After the show, John and I hung out in his backyard. There were blue Christmas lights lining his garage, and draped along his fence. We sat next to the pool, watching the stirring water. Occasionally, we would dip our feet in to the water.

I sat close to John, while we talked about whatever was on our mind. I was leaned back on my hands, balancing on one hand when I took a sip from my beer.

"Once I get back to California-" I began.

"Wait, you're leaving again?" John interrupted, his voice cracking slightly.

"Yes, of course."

"Really, you're just going disappear again? Why can't you just stay?" He shouted, slamming his beer bottle down. I was surprised when the glass of the bottle didn't shatter.

"I moved on, John. California is my home, now. "

"No, your home is the place where you made the best memories; the place that made you who you are. And where the people that love and care about you are."

"John, I have a new life there. I can't just stay here. I'm sorry, don't be mad."

"I want you here, though." He mumbled. "I wish you could just stay... for me." He stared at me, with those green eyes. He looked so upset: disappointed, angry, sad. "Tell me something," John started. "You really don't have any feelings, for me anymore?"

"John-" I whined, as I stood up, and walked away from him.

"Just tell. Do you feel anything?"

I took in a deep breath, and replied,
"Do you really want to know the truth?"

"Please."

"Honestly, I still do. I constantly think about you. There is not a day that goes by that I don’t think of you. But I just can't."

John rushed towards me, placing his hands on my waist. "Ash, I love you." He stated, staring down in to my eyes. "Let's forget about everything else. I want it to be about just us, tonight."

I stepped closer to him, touching his chest. I leaned up, pressing my lips to his. "Like we are in a different world." I whispered, as I pulled away.

"One where nothing else matters. We don't have to worry about anything." He said, before connecting our lips. I stumbled back, smacking against the garage, but never broke away from his lips.

John pulled away, smirking a bit. He pushed my hair back, our eyes still locked.

He leaned in to kiss me again, but I refused it. "I want to go in the pool." I announced, laughing.

"Now?"

I nodded, pushing past John.

"I think you've lost your mind." He laughed.

I shook my head. "I think I lost it a long time ago." I pulled off my t-shirt, leaving my bra and shorts on. I looked at John, before I took off, and leaped into the pool. "Get in here." I yelled to him.

He rubbed his chin, and laughed. He unbuttoned his flannel, slipping it off his arms, and letting it fall to the ground. He pulled his white tank off, and then began to unbuckle his belt.

I gasped, and went under water. When I came back up, I used my hand to cover my eyes.

He was laughing, and said, "It's cool. I have boxers on."

I dropped my hand in to the water, and found John kicking his clothes to the side. He got a running start, before jumping into the warm water. AS his body entered the pool, the water splashed up, showering me in it.

---------

After about an hour we finally decided to get out of the pool. John hopped out of the pool first. He ran over to the garage, and grabbed a towel. He dried himself off, and than handed me the towel as I stepped out of the pool. He picked up his flannel, and offered it to me. I grabbed it and pulled my arms into it. He yanked on his tank, and than his jeans.

As I button up the oversized flannel, John climbed on to the hammock. He settled himself in, and motioned for me to join him.

I watched as he waited, for me, smirking. His white tank was low enough to reveal the tattoos on his chest. I smiled, as I hopped up next to him. I rested my head on his chest, letting John pull me close. I relaxed, closing my eyes.

"Are you going to fall sleep?" John whispered to me.

"No."

"You can." He said, while he played with my hair.

I nuzzled closer to his chest, holding him even tighter.

"Just about us." I whispered, before John leaned down and kissed my forehead. After that I let myself slip off to dreamland.

•••

I woke up when I couldn't fight the bright light burning through my eyelids, anymore. I rolled over, nearly tumbling off the hammock. My rustling woke up John.

He stretched out his body a little, and groaned, "Morning."

"Sorry, for waking you up."

"I don't care." He chuckled, and then leaned down to kiss my lips.

It felt right.

Even though I knew it was wrong.

We stayed that way, for a while. Just staying wrapped up in each other. It felt like the world was still, like, everything was stuck on pause. My head would lift up slightly when John would take breaths in, and float back down at his exhale.

“Ashton,” I heard my mother yell. “Ashton, are you over there?”

I sighed deeply, at this disturbance. John did the same, and yanked me back to him when I tried to leave his side. I peered down at him spotting the frown on his face. “I’ll be right back.” I reassured him. He let go of my waist, releasing me to walk over to the fence.

“Yeah, mom?” I asked her.

She held out her hand, holding out my cell phone. “You left it on the kitchen table, last night.” She groaned. “It was ringing all night. We couldn’t figure out how to silence it. You have a lock on it.”

I grab my cell phone from her hand. “Oh, I’m sorry.” I unlock my phone to find 22 missed calls.

All the calls were from Brian.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! I decided to try to make a cute John and Ashton chapter. Its not exactly what I wanted it to be, but I like it.

Thank you to my two commenters on the last chapter:

sarabdara

becauseiamfree


Not a lot of comments lately, which makes me sad :( So maybe leave a comment!

Thanks for reading!