Status: Whenever I Get Around To It

I Said to This End Don't Hurt Your Best Friend

Like We're Undercover

It was 4:25am and you were just walking into work to set up all by yourself. To say you were tired was an understatement. After making sure everything was working and clean you made yourself a coffee (which you paid for of course) and drank it before any customers came in. Once your coworker Joyce walked in looking annoyed you threw the empty cup away.

"Hello Joyce."

She forced a smile then Nico walked in not long after.

"Hello Nico."
"Aye Rose."

You looked back at Joyce and she looked beyond annoyed as she pulled on a plain black shirt before walking up front.

"I fucking hate this shift."
"Me too."

She sighed then put her head on your shoulder as Nico turned on the radio. Joyce moaned in annoyance into your shoulder before going over and making her coffee. You smiled as the first customers walked in.

"Hi how can I help you?"
"A large black coffee with lemon."
"That will be 3.45"

As the lady pulled out the money Joyce poured the coffee into a cup and added lemon to it before handing it to her.

"Have a good day."
"You too."

You smiled then Nico handed you a coffee.

"I can tell yea need it luv."
"Thank you Nico. You are heavenly."
"I know."

You smiled as Nico kissed your cheek then walked over and made coffee. By 7:30 you were ready to fall asleep but the line of people said differently.

"Hi how can I help you?"
"Yea hi. Can I get a venti Green Tea with Chi and Carmel with extra espresso."

You looked up and when you saw it was Sam you rolled your eyes.

"Go in the back."

He chuckled to himself then got out of line as you helped the man that was in line behind him. Once the morning rush was over you walked to the front and sat down on the couch next to Sam who was drinking a large coffee. You took the cup and took a drink before handing it back.

"How've yea been Rose?"
"Working. And I'm looking for a second job at the moment."
"Work is tha last thing yea need to do more of luv."
"I know but my bills aren't paying themselves."
"Neither is yea neva endin' piles of clothes."
"Shut up."

Sam smiled then pulled you against him and kissed your temple.

"I've missed yea Rose."
"I missed you too Sammy."
"When did yea and Robert break up?"
"Eh....like right after you left for tour."
"Yea been broken up wif that losa for three months and yea didn't say anehfing?"
"I didn't think it was a big deal. I dated him for a month."

Sam shook his head obviously annoyed and you hit his belly before sitting up.

"When are you gonna break up with Madaline?"
"Not this again."
"Come on. You always give me shit when I date people."
"Madaline isn't people. I luv her."

You rolled your eyes at him saying that then you stood up and walked back behind the counter.

"Roseh."
"What Sam?"
"Why don't yea like Madaline?"
"She gives me a weird vibe. Something about her just throws me off."
"Yea ridiculous Rose."
"Whatever Sam."

You walked to the back and made Joyce go upfront and get rid of Sam. You love the guy to death but you hated fighting with him more then anything. And you knew this conversation would lead to a fight so you just walked away.

"What a cry baby."
"What?"
"He started raising his voice at me then stormed out like a little girl. How are you friends with him?"

You sighed then leaned against the wall. Work needs to be over so you could go home and sleep.

Once you got off work at 8:30 you walked home and quickly walked inside to see Rachel and two of her friends sitting on the couch watching Sex In The City.

"Aye Roseh."
"Hi."
" 'ow was work?"
"Long. I'm gonna try and take a nap. If anyone calls tell them I'm asleep."
"Will do."
"Thanks."

You walked into your room and layed down on your bed after taking off your glasses. You closed your eyes and quickly fell asleep. After what felt like two minutes of sleeping you felt someone jump on you making you moan in pain.

"Wake up Roseh."
"No."
"Yes."

You looked at Dan then pulled you pillow over your head.

"Get up Rose."
"GO AWAY!"
"No you have to come with us."
"Why? I hate you all."
"Oh, come on. We're going to a party to see some mates."
"So, go without me. I'm tired."
"Get up Roseh."

You looked at Sam then shook your head.

"Come on Rose."
"What time is it?"
"9:30."

You groaned really loud and obnoxiously then looked at Dan.

"I hate you."
"Love you too. Now get up."

You stood up and stretched before hugging Dan close to you. When you first wake up you were very touchy freely.

"Get out so I can change my shirt. I'll be out in a second."

Sam rolled his eyes then him and Dan left the room. You quickly changed into a The Maine shirt, put in your contacts in and threw on some make up before walking out of your room lazily.

"Come on luv."

Dan picked you up bridal style and carried you outside to Tom's car. When he put you down you kissed his cheek then you climbed into the car to see Ali in the back. You sat in the middle only to have Dan sit next to you as Sam climbed into the front.

"Is Madaline not coming?"
"She's meeting us there. She's bringin a few friends."

You rolled your eyes then put you head on Dan's shoulder quickly falling asleep. Yesterday when you got home you didn't get to sleep until midnight because you were texting Sam. Only getting four hours then working 16 hours you, just wanted to sleep.

"Roseh come on...wake up."

You looked up at Dan and noticed your arms were wrapped around Dan and your face was in his chest. You sat up and stretched your hands over your head only to have them hit the top of the car.

"Ow."
"Oi....calm down."
"Sorry Tom."

You got out of the car and walked over and hugged Sam.

"I'm sorry Sammy. I love you."
"I luv yea too Rose."

You hugged him close then moved away and Sam picked you up and kissed your cheek. He walked inside the house holding you which made you smile. Once you got into the loud house Sam put you down and grabbed your hand pulling you threw the crowds of people.

"Oi Oli!"

You stayed close behind Sam as he walked up to a small group of guys.

"Aye Sam."

Sam let go of your hand and greeted the guys around you. You recognized Nicholls and Tom Sykes but that was it.

"Who's the bird?"
"This is my best friend Rose. Rose meet Oliver and Goffa."
"Hi."
"Cheers luv."

You smiled then looked around the party to see a bunch of people you didn't know.

"Yea okay luv?"

You looked over at Nichollas and nodded with a smile.

"Do yea want a drink?"
"Please. Something with caffeine if possible."

Nicholls nodded then walked off leaving you with Sam,Oli and Goffa.

"Are yea Sam's bird?"
"No."
"She's my best friend."
"Oh."

The way Oli said 'oh' made you raise an eyebrow but it got dismissed when Madaline randomly showed up hugging Sam pushing you out of the way. She leaned up and kissed him as you looked around the room looking for someone you knew but no such luck.

"Hi Roseh."
"Hi Madaline."
"How was work?"
"Fab. I'm thinking about going back just because I enjoy it so much."

Then Nicholls walked back over and handed you a drink.

"Thanks."
"No problem luv."

You smiled then took a drink tasting vodka and redbull which made you almost want to hug Nicholls and kiss him but you held back.

"Is that Josh Franeschi?"

You looked over to where Madaline was looking and saw Josh Franeschi was indeed standing not far away from you.

"Yea a fan of You Me At Six?

You looked at Oli and nodded then took a drink.

"Yea want ta meet him?"
"It's okay."
"Oh go on Roseh. Yea luv him."

You looked at Madaline weird then Oli pulled you away.

"Yea don't 'ave ta meet Josh. I'm just takin' yea away from Madaline."
"Thanks for that."
"No problem luv."

You finished off your drink then Oli made you another one before being pulled away leaving you alone in the kitchen feeling awkward.

"Yea look so out of place."

You looked up and saw Max Helyer.

"You could say that."
"I'm Max."
"Rose."
"Nice ta meet yea."
"You as well."

You said with a smile before taking a drink.

"Yea mates wif Oli?"
"Oh, no. I'm friends with Sam."
"Sam Carter?"
"Yup."
"Oh, yea Rose."

You raised an eyebrow then Madaline walked over and put an arm around your waist.

"So, I was just talkin ta Josh and he fancies meetin' yea."
"Madaline I don't want to meet him."
"Oh, come on Roseh. Yea luv his music. Just come on."

You looked at Max and gave him an apologetic smile as Madaline pulled you over to where Josh was standing with a few people.

"Here she is."

Josh looked at you and smiled.

"Yea Rose?"
"That's me."
"I'm Josh."
"Nice to meet you."

You said with a smile.

"I'll leave yea two 'lone."

You looked at Madaline as she walked over to Sam and held back an eye roll before looking back at Josh.

"Friend of yours?"
"Not by choice."
"Meanin?"
"She's dating my best friend."
"Yea Sam's Rose?"
"I guess."
"Oh, yea look different then I fought yea would."
"I'm sorry?"
"Don't be sorreh luv."

You smiled then finished off your drink.

"Wat are yea drinking?"
"Redbull and Vodka."
"I'll go get yea anotha one yea?"
"Please and thank you."

Josh smiled then walked off only to have Max walk over.

"How yea likin' Josh?"
"He's cute."

Max smirked then you looked over at Sam to see him looking over at you with a confused look on his face. You looked back to Max and talked to him and once Josh got back to Josh as well.
♠ ♠ ♠
Rose's Work Outfit
Rose's Party Outfit

thank you for reading :D
check out my James Cassells story :)