Status: Back on track & Updating every week. (:

Don't you wish?

Chapter Two.

We arrived at school, and Airenn walked off to who knows where, and I went to find my friends. "Scream if you just don't give a... FUCK!" I heard my phone sing. I pulled it out of my bag, and saw that it was a text from my boyfriend, Ethan.
"hey baby, we're waiting for u in the commons (:" I walked to the commons, and found the usual hangout for my friends and I.
"Hey you guys." I said to Ethan, Zhane, Avila, and Mikule. I sat on Ethan's lap, and gave him a kiss. "Hi babe." I said to him, and smiled.
"So we were just discussing the homework from Williams' class, and how none of us finished it." Zhane said to me, with a hopeful look in her eyes.
"You guys are in luck, because I did it." I said, reaching in my bag, and pulling out the math worksheet.
"Thank God, Jace. You're a life saver." Avila said dramatically, and grabbed it from me. I watched as they all gathered around the piece of paper, and wrote the answers down. A few minutes later, I heard the first bell ring, and I laughed as my friends sighed in relief. We gathered our things, and walked to the staircase where I would go up with Mikule and Avila to Mrs. Berkley's class, and Zhane and Ethan would go left to Mr. Williams' class.
"See you guys later." I said, and hugged Ethan quickly before catching up with Mikule and Avila.
All my classes went by quickly, and I was happy when the day was over, and I went to cheer practice with Zhane. Cheerleading was the only sport I still did with my sister, and I was glad.
"Alright girls, remember: UP, BALANCE, THROW, CATCH!" I heard the captain, also my sister, say. "But especially the CATCH part, okay?" She winked at us, and we laughed, getting in our places. It was a miracle that Zhane and I had gotten on the varsity cheer squad, considering we were only freshman. But my sister had started training us the summer before 8th grade, and practiced with us everyday until tryouts, which was the summer before this year. Zhane wasn't as into the sport as I was, but she had still been good enough to make it on the team. So now here I was, ready to throw my teammate in the air. I spent the next 2 1/2 hours listening to my coach, Ms. Avery, yell cheer moves, and count our steps. Finally, practice was over, and I was sitting in the car with Airenn, going home. We cranked the music, and rolled our windows down. We got to a light, and looked over at the car next to us, seeing a really attractive guy.
“Whooh! He is gooood looking, sis.” Airenn said to me, and she waved her hand at him.
“Yes he is,” I said, agreeing. “do you have a piece of paper?” She handed me a napkin while I pulled a sharpie out, and I wrote both of our numbers down quickly, crumpled the napkin up, and tossed it in his window. Airenn giggled, and stepped on the gas pedal.
“You rebellious girl.” She said, laughing.
“Oh hush. You would have done the same thing.” I replied, and turned the music down while we pulled into our driveway. Airenn and I did this sort of thing all the time. We were eachother's “wingmen.”
We busted in the door, and dropped our stuff down in the hallway.
“Mom! Dad! Are you guys home?” Airenn yelled through the house. We didn't hear a response, so we figured they weren't home yet.
“Hey, I'm going to have Ethan over for a bit. Do you mind?” I asked Airenn, even though I knew she wouldn't.
“Nah, I don't care. He's so good to you.” She responded, and walked into the kitchen.
“Thanks. I'm going to change. I'll be back in a couple minutes.” I told her, and walked upstairs to change. I grabbed my phone, and sat on the bed. I sent Ethan a quick text, asking him if he could come over, and then tossed my phone onto the bed, and walked to my closet. Hmm, what to wear? I thought to myself, before picking a simple purple tank top and a pair of gray sweats. I heard my phone, and grabbed it. It was Ethan saying that yes, he could come over, and would be there in a few minutes. I walked downstairs, and saw my sister sitting at the piano with her eyes closed. I was the only one that knew about her secret talent. She was an amazing pianist, but refused to let anyone know, because we both knew that if our parents found out, they'd go crazy, signing her up for lessons and such. So, she made me promise not to tell anyone. A minute or two later, she started playing, and I was instantly mesmerized. She played for about ten minutes, before she stopped, got up, and walked towards me.
“Ethan's here.” She said to me, and I walked to open the door.
“Hey Ethan.” I said, smiling as he pulled me into a big hug.
“Hi gorgeous.” He let go of me, and I led him inside.
“What's up Ethan? Treating my sister right, I hope?” Airenn said, and walked past us, up the stairs.
“Of course. I can't imagine treating her any other way.” He responded, and we walked into the living room, and sat on the couch.
“I've missed seeing you baby.” I told him. I had noticed that lately he didn't come over very much. I figured it was because it was football season, and he was the star quarterback of the varsity team, and he had a lot of pressure on him, because he was only a sophomore.
“I know, Jace,” He said, and pulled me closer to him. “but you know football season is always hard for me.” He kissed me, and I forgot all the problems of the past month. He pulled away, and said, “I think your phone is ringing.”
“One sec...” I told him, and answered the phone. “Hello?”
“Jace, your mom and I will be home soon. We're going out to dinner, so make sure you're dressed nicely, please.” I heard my dad say.
“Okay. Would you mind if Ethan came too?” I asked him.
“No, that's fine sweetie. Just make sure you're all dressed up a little.”
“I will. Thanks dad. See you in a bit.” I said, and hung up. “We're going to dinner with my family.” I told Ethan.
“Alright,” he said, getting up. “should I run home and change?”
“Umm, yeah. Just be back as soon as you can.” I told him as we walked to the front door.
“I will babe.” He told me, and left. I walked upstairs into Airenn's room, to find her sitting on her bed surrounded by her books.
“Hey, we're going out to dinner with mom and dad, and they want you to dress up.” I said to her, and she barely looked up when she said “Okay.” I walked into my room, and picked a red dress with a white belt, and straightened my hair.
“Are you two ready?” I heard my mom call to us.
“Yeah mom! I am.” I replied, and walked downstairs to see Ethan and my dad talking on the couch.
“Where's Airenn?” My mom asked.
“Still getting dressed, I guess.” I told her just as she came down the stairs. She looked amazing in her light blue shirt and white skirt.
“My girls! You both look beautiful.” My dad said.
“Thanks daddy.” We said in unison. Ethan walked to me, and grabbed my hand.
“You look nice.” He said, and kissed my forehead.
“Alright, we need to get going everybody,” my mom said. “but not everyone will fit in one car, so Airenn, you go with your father, and I'll take Jace and Ethan.”
We all piled into the cars, and twenty minutes later, my mom, Ethan, and I were waiting at the restaurant for my dad and Airenn.
“God, where the hell are they?” My mom said, looking around.
“Well, they took the freeway, so maybe there's just traffic, Mrs. Thomas.” Ethan suggested, just as my mom's phone started to ring.
“Hello? …. Oh my god... No... Oh my god.” My mom said, starting to cry. “This has to be a mistake... Okay, what hospital?” She hung the phone up, and looked at me.
“Get in the car. Now. There was an accident, and Airenn and your dad are being sent to the hospital.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Uh ohh. D:
& this, my fantastic readers, is the event that changes Jace's life.
One subscriber. Let's make it two?
Here's Jace's outfit: http://www.polyvore.com/jaces_dinner_outfit/set?id=45035933
& Here's Airenn's: http://www.polyvore.com/airenns_dinner_outfit/set?id=45036330
I hope you have a great day! ♥