Status: Back on track & Updating every week. (:

Don't you wish?

Chapter Three

“Jace, baby, talk to me.” Ethan said to me, grabbing my hand.
It had been a year since my father and sister had died. Ethan stuck with me through all of it, surprisingly. We were sitting in my room and I was crying in his arms.
“I just... I can't believe it's been a year since...” I told him between sobs.
“I know. But Airenn and your dad wouln't want you upset.” He told me, obviously trying to help. I just kept crying. Almost an hour later, Ethan said,
“Listen, it's getting really late, and my mom wants me home soon...”
“It's fine. Just go. I'll see you tomorrow.” I said, my crying slowing down.
“I love you, okay?” He said, and left the room. As sonn as I heard him close the front door, I walked to my bathroom. I looked in the mirror. My eyes were red and puffy, and my blonde hair was tangled. To be honest, I looked like shit. Ever since the accident, my life had gone to hell. I had been kicked off the cheer squad and swim team, and I pushed my friends away. They still talked to me, but only occasionally to check up on me. The only one that stuck with me was Ethan. But over the summer, I felt him pull away from me too. I mostly got D's and F's, and I skipped a lot of school. My mom didn't even care. She had started putting all of her energy into work, and talked to me as little as she had to. I opened the bathroom drawer, and pulled out a razor blade. No one knew about my little habit. Not even Ethan. This was the only thing that kept me somewhat sane. I pulled my sleeve up, and broth the blade to me skin. I pressed it down, and felt the sharp pain. Tears stung my eyes as I applied more pressure. I watched the red blood as it started flooding down my arm and onto the white bathroom tiles.
“Damn it.” I muttered to myself, and grabbed a towel to clean the blood off of the floor. I walked back to my room, and grabbed my phone. 'One new message' it said, and I opened it to see it was a message from Zhane.
“baby, u need 2 tell Jace. i hate keeping secrets from her. we've been together for 3 months now. u need 2 stop lying 2 her.” 'Wait, what?' I thought to myself, and realized that this wasn't my phone, it was Ethan's. So what did this mean? He was cheating on me with Zhane? I heard the doorbell ring, and I walked downstairs, only to see that it was Ethan.
“Hey, I think I left my phone here.” He said to me.
“Yeah.. You did... I thought it was mine, and I read a message from Zhane...” I said.
“Oh.” He started to say something, but I cut him off.
“My sister and dad die, and you CHEAT on me?! What the fuck is wrong with you? I mean, I know I've been falling apart for the past year, but come on! You owed me the decency to at least break up with me rather than sleeping with one of my friends!” I said, crying.
“Jacey... It's not like that. It's been hard, the past few months. I needed someone to talk to, and Zhane was there. She helped me, when my parents were fighting, and when school started a few weeks ago. I mean, you and I have been together since you were a freshman. I just didn't want to upset you more..”
“No, what you mean is that you don't have the balls to break up with me. Well, we're over, Ethan. Now you don't have to worry about that.” I tossed his phone on the ground, and slammed the door in his face. Was there no one I could trust?
♠ ♠ ♠
Kinda short, I know.
But I'm putting a lot of my time into my other story.
Ahh, stupid Ethan. If only he knew what Jace is doing to herself.
Anyways, comment? Subscribe? Hell, if you just read it I'll be happy.
Love you! Have a good day!♥