Status: Back on track & Updating every week. (:

Don't you wish?

Chapter Four

The next day at school was torture. I saw either Ethan or Zhane EVERYWHERE. I guessed that Ethan had told Zhane what happened though, because I was sitting at lunch, when she came to talk to me.
“Jace?” Zhane said to me in a small voice.
“Slut?” I replied, and was satisfied when I saw her cringe.
“Listen, I know you must hate me right now, but I just wanted to tell you how sorry I am. It wasn't right for Ethan and I to... do what we did.”
“No shit.” I said in a sarcastic tone.
“God, Jace. I'm trying to apologize! Why can't you see that? I'm truly, truly sorry.” She said, a tear running down her face.
“Oh? So I'm just supposed to forgive you? I'm sorry if I lost half of my family and I've had a rough year. Excuse the fuck out of me. Now, if you're done, can you leave?” I said.
“Fine. But I really hope you and I can be friends again.” She said, as if it was a question.
“That's not happening, because true friends don't sleep with eachother's boyfriends.” I told her, and walked away. About ten minutes later, I was sitting on the steps outside of the school, when some cute guy sat next to me.
“Hey, you mind?” He asked.
“Um, no. Go ahead.” I replied, wiping a tear away.
“Blake.” He said.
“Jace...” I said hesitantly.
“You alright?” He asked me.
“Yeah I'm fine. 'Your knife my back, my gun your head.'” I said, quoting Asking Alexandria.
“Oh, I'm sorry. Who would betray such a pretty girl?” He asked, obviously flirting with me. I just kind of laughed, and looked at him.
“Thanks.” I said.
“No problem.”
After talking for another hour or so, he said,
“Hey, I'm gonna go smoke a bowl. Want to come?”
“I don't really.....” I started, and then thought, 'What the hell?' So I said, “Actually, yeah sure.”
“Okay, cool. My car's over here.” We walked to his car, and drove off campus.
“So we can either go to my place, the park, or the lake.” He said.
“Umm, I don't care.” I replied.
“The lake it is!” He said. “Music preference?” He asked.
“What do you have?” He pointed to a stack of CD's on the floorboard in front of me, and then pointed again to the back seat, which was totally filled with CD's.
“They're organized alphabetically.” He told me.
I ended up picking Trivium's album, “In Waves”
“You're a heavy metal girl, huh? You don't look it.” Blake said.
“Yeah, I started getting into it when.....” I trailed off.
“When?” He questioned me.
“Just... When my sister and dad died.” I said quietly.
“My deepest condolences.” He said.
“Thanks.” I mumbled, and turned the music up.
A half hour later, I was sitting on a picnic bench at the lake. I watched as Blake lit up, and then inhaled.
He held it out to me, and I hesitantly grabbed it.
“Um... I don't really know how to....” I said. He laughed at me, and showed me how to hold it.
“See, put your finger over the little hole right there,” he told me. “is this your first time?”
“Maybe.” I said, and did as I was told.

“You look funny.” I said, in a groggy tone.
“Oh do I?” Blake said.
“Yuuuup!” I told him, poking his face.
“Come on pretty girl, let's get you home.”
“Nooo, I can't go home like this.” I said in a funny voice.
“Okay, well where do you want to go?” He asked me.
“Let's go to your place.” I told him, and I started to get up. I tripped, and fell flat on my ass. I just sat there and laughed, whereas I normally would have been embarrassed beyond belief. Blake chuckled, and helped me up.
“Alright, well let's go then.”
♠ ♠ ♠
This is what Jace was wearing when she met Blake: http://www.polyvore.com/what_jace_wore_when_blake/set?id=45037310